Less healer mana pools

90 Tauren Druid
So will I have to work with even less mana in 5.3. During progression I already stress my mana to the freaking max. Is there any mana regen compensation for this?. Are you increasing base mana pools? Will you make spirit scale better? Give me SOMETHING!

As a side note: I still hate the change to static mana pools, I like to see my total mana pool grow, not shrink at the drop of a dime. I really don't understand some of the huge changes in wow and what crowd it's aimed for,but if I keep quiet, how else will blizzard hear my seething hatred for what they are doing?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I highly doubt they would lower the mana pools of 3 healers and not the other 2. What is more likely is that they are buffing base mana pools for melee off spec healing and in a future PTR patch they are readjusting mana costs back to what they were before this change.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This change didn't really make sense to me. Maybe someone can enlighten me. If I had to guess, healers were getting close to a point where they weren't worrying about spirit. I'm fine with static mana pools, I think it's easier to balance and makes it so Int isn't the be all/end all stat but this nerf seems pretty harsh. Maybe I'm blind, but the nerf isn't applying to Priests or Monks which also struck me as odd. Maybe as I keep pushing through ToT more of this will make sense.

EDIT:

What Vienna said makes a lot of sense.
Edited by Elíka on 4/11/2013 8:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
They're doing the best they can to avoid end expansion healing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I seriously hope they don't nerf mana pools. I hope it is just a readjustment for off specs because new healers at 90 would be unplayable.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
They're doing the best they can to avoid end expansion healing.

I'm fine with that idea but I really wish they went about it in a different way. Maybe try to make current tier raid damage higher or not inflate stats so much so soon...at least those seem like more natural things. A flat nerf to the fixed mana pools of some healers seems like a bad approach. Not to mention this will also nerf innervate :(
Edited by Soularius on 4/11/2013 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I would assume there is something else coming along with this, 2 classes with larger mana pools just doesn't make any sense.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Not to mention this will also nerf innervate :(

yeah it sucks!!
Edited by Hamberguesa on 4/11/2013 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I would assume there is something else coming along with this, 2 classes with larger mana pools just doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, I'm just going to sit back and see what else changes. It's not live until it's live so I'm not too worried about it yet.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/11/2013 08:59 PMPosted by Soularius

Yeah, I'm just going to sit back and see what else changes. It's not live until it's live so I'm not too worried about it yet.

It could also be a tool tip error or something, it can literally be anything. However if it does happen, 75k less mana = ouch.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Unless im just really tired i think its just things like hymn of hope's extra 45k. Other healers can do the same thing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/11/2013 09:11 PMPosted by Kuwilei
I still hate the change to static mana pools, I like to see my total mana pool grow, not shrink at the drop of a dime

Once upon a time Spirit was a pretty useless stat. It used to regen health for melee classes, but at such a low rate so as to be unworthy of consideration. If Intellect decides how powerful spells are, and your mana efficiency, it doesn't leave much for spirit.

Spirit is now important, at least for healers, and I actually like that my Shaman (seems like a very spiritual healer, though come to think of it, most do) benefits from stacking a lot of it. Before, spirit was to some degree the stat nobody really looked at.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the fixed mana pool/relying on the regen of spirit instead of a giant mana pool but I think the main issue being brought up here is how the current notes make it appear that only 3 of 5 healing classes are getting the nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If they were really this concerned with healer regen scaling, I don't know why they would put out a legendary meta gem that effectively makes 10-20% of everyone's healing mana free. The meta is literally more regen than Shard of Woe ever was.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If they were really this concerned with healer regen scaling, I don't know why they would put out a legendary meta gem that effectively makes 10-20% of everyone's healing mana free. The meta is literally more regen than Shard of Woe ever was.

Yeah this simply makes no sense. I would predict that with all of the PVP healing changes that this somehow ties in to that. I will sit on my opinions on it and see where this goes because a nerf to mana pools is just too punishing on new healers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
A flat nerf to the fixed mana pools of some healers seems like a bad approach. Not to mention this will also nerf innervate :(

^ This. Innervate is our only source of regen and it's pretty bad.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I highly doubt they would lower the mana pools of 3 healers and not the other 2. What is more likely is that they are buffing base mana pools for melee off spec healing and in a future PTR patch they are readjusting mana costs back to what they were before this change.

^^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
lol don't panic a few points to note:

Priests and monks do not have varied mana pool size's across their different specs, monks exclusively have mana in MW and priests are purely caster's our mana pool is the same across all specs, thus neither class needs a "base" mana pool, nore a passive to increase it.

Paladins shamy's and druids have melee/tank specs that have significantly lower mana pools which serve as the "Base" pool size for the class, this lower mana pool combined with the cost of the heals these hybrids are given can cause them to feel like they're trading dmg/control for utility they're not really geting(especially in pvp).

Now a buff to the mana pools of these hybrid specs would make that less of an issue, but if you do that without nerfing the mana passive for their healing specs it's going to carry over into the healing specs where it isn't needed.

so in effect you should see absolutely no change to mana in your healing specs, and an increase to mana in retribution, protection, enhancement, guardian, and feral specs.

Hopefuly that makes some sense of this before we see another invasion of priest and monk rerolls.
Edited by Tsantsu on 4/12/2013 2:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]