Less healer mana pools

100 Night Elf Druid
As a resto druid - I don't stack spirit, but some fights I do struggle for mana..more so then other classes. I have one CD for 20% mana back every 3 minutes!

My Disc priest gets mana back from rapture, the mind binder every minute, and hymm if I ever get desperate - tho she never drops below 50% mana.

I honestly don't see how Druids will be viable if they do this to us, unless they buff/change the CD on innervate.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I have lost all faith in Blizzard's ability to not ruin their game. My Shaman has been cursed by the LFR loot gods and I am struggling with mana all the time. I can either sit there any just cast healing wave or I can oom. Now they are going to make it worse. Another toon I was having some fun with ruined by the nerf bat.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Razina,

Curious what ilvl and how much spirit your shaman has? Also, whats your balance between crit and mastery?

You have mana tide available, as well as totemic recall glyph for healing stream totem(one of your biggest mana users). Also, water shield. Focus on spirit and crit as your two main stats, and aim for ~10k spirit after food/flask, and totemic recall your HST after the last tick, and your mana shouldn't really be an issue at all.

Also, this nerf is BS for the affected classes. With ascension, theres going to be a 115k mana difference between me and a shaman/druid/pally? On top of that, I havent even race changed to gnome yet...
Edited by Yuenwooping on 4/12/2013 5:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
There is something they are missing in the data mining. That is all.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It doesn't appear to be in the official patch notes. It's just data mined.

If that's the case and I'm not missing it somewhere, then it's possible that nothing will happen.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You would invalidate my first post of the day.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Nothing but love for you Auri :P

edit: would also assume that if this part of the data mining is correct that the base mana pools are being increased to 100k. Would seem to make sense.
Edited by Sadiemay on 4/12/2013 7:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
lol don't panic a few points to note:

Priests and monks do not have varied mana pool size's across their different specs, monks exclusively have mana in MW and priests are purely caster's our mana pool is the same across all specs, thus neither class needs a "base" mana pool, nore a passive to increase it.

Paladins shamy's and druids have melee/tank specs that have significantly lower mana pools which serve as the "Base" pool size for the class, this lower mana pool combined with the cost of the heals these hybrids are given can cause them to feel like they're trading dmg/control for utility they're not really geting(especially in pvp).

Now a buff to the mana pools of these hybrid specs would make that less of an issue, but if you do that without nerfing the mana passive for their healing specs it's going to carry over into the healing specs where it isn't needed.

so in effect you should see absolutely no change to mana in your healing specs, and an increase to mana in retribution, protection, enhancement, guardian, and feral specs.

Hopefuly that makes some sense of this before we see another invasion of priest and monk rerolls.

Problem with this theory is that all heal costs are based off base mana pool so if the base increases but the total doesn't heals will still cost more per cast than before.

It's just datamined though so until Blizz puts something into the patch notes I wouldn't worry too much.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I would assume there is something else coming along with this, 2 classes with larger mana pools just doesn't make any sense.

I believe it is because neither monks nor priests have a spell that increases their mana pools because they begin with a 300k mana pool, and therefore, don't have a "spell" to nerf.

I am assuming that in turn, monks and priests will see a change reflecting their mana pools to be similar to the rest of us.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
04/12/2013 06:13 AMPosted by Sadiemay

Nothing but love for you Auri :P

edit: would also assume that if this part of the data mining is correct that the base mana pools are being increased to 100k. Would seem to make sense.

This is what I'm thinking, as well. Blizzard is many things, but there is no way they would screw Druids and Shaman like people are thinking.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Blizzard is many things, but there is no way they would screw Druids and Shaman like people are thinking.
eehhhhhhhh half of that statement is true...
Edited by Alearis on 4/12/2013 10:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard is many things, but there is no way they would screw Druids and Shaman like people are thinking.

Exactly. To quote myself from IRC earlier:

[13:04] <@Morenn> i know it's fun to hate on blizz.. but reality is they are a company, and companies are usually in favor of making money... screwing a very large portion of the people who pay you isn't a good business model
[13:04] <@Morenn> and pretty sure they are as aware of that as i am :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
04/12/2013 10:33 AMPosted by Alearis
eehhhhhhhh half of that statement is true...

I played a Shaman for two and a half years as my main. This would put Druids and Shaman at such a disadvantage vs. other players that it's not even funny. This is datamined information. I want to see patch notes before I encourage people to panic. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
From Ghostcrawler's twitter regarding this issue,

"Not a real change. Slightly complicated tooltip fix."
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I was having fun again since wotlk. I hated cata. This sucks.

GC is always predictable over the years, he buffs paladins and mages then screws healers and warlocks. Gosh, looks like he's at it again.

So depressing, again, this is so bad.
Reply Quote
There is no change.
There is no change.
There is no change.
There is no change.
There is no change.

and

There is no change.
Reply Quote
35 Blood Elf Priest
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/322757810993635331

"Buffs in 5.3 to Ret, Enhance, WW, Feral, hunters and mage AE are real, at least for now. Mana pool changes are not."

I was having fun again since wotlk. I hated cata. This sucks.

GC is always predictable over the years, he buffs paladins and mages then screws healers and warlocks. Gosh, looks like he's at it again.

So depressing, again, this is so bad.

Yea that's why there is an ongoing gag that he likes to nerf paladins. Seriously GC haters really like to pull crap out of their !@#. Especially since pallies are one of the classes listed in the so called "mana pool nerf".
Edited by Linalee on 4/13/2013 5:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]