Joining a Low Level Raid

1 Blood Elf Rogue
Greetings all! I have a question concerning building a raid group of level one twinks. Is it possible to invite a low level into a raid group once a raid group is formed?

Here is our process to this point, all these steps have worked.

1) Get a party of 5 level 1 twinks
2) Every party member runs: /run SetAllowLowLevelRaid(true)
3) The party leader runs: /script ConvertToRaid();
4) Invite higher levels for buffs/summons/etc

We want to add step 5, but can't seem to make it work.

5) Invite additional level 1 twinks that weren't in the original party.

When we try the above step, we get the error message "Character level is to low to join a raid" Is there something we're missing?
Edited by Ônê on 4/13/2013 12:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
Are you sure the additional twinks have run /run SetAllowLowLevelRaid(true)? If so, I'm not really sure what the problem could be.

I've only ever invited a single level 1 character to a raid from my main at any one time, so I don't have any experience with groups of 6 or more low levels.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I'll chime in and say that I had experienced this issue before (and that I never found a fix).

Once the 5-man raid was created I could not invite any other low-level characters into the raid. I could remove everyone and reform the 5-man raid with an entirely different set of characters that were standing right next to me, but I was never able to get more than 5 low-level characters into a raid group at one time.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
any other thoughts?
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
Players level 10 or lower cannot join a raid group, only reason the macro works is because blizzard has not eliminated it completely yet.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
Players level 10 or lower cannot join a raid group, only reason the macro works is because blizzard has not eliminated it completely yet.

I don't think I've heard anything about it being eliminated. Is there a blue post about this?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]