Paladin nerfs? =X

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy

Mastery: Illuminated Healing now places an absorb shield for 10% of the amount healed, down from 12%.
Daybreak is now a stackable effect with a duration of 10 seconds, stacks up to 2 times, and causes the next Holy Shock to also heal other allies within 10 yards of the target for an amount equal to 75%/150% of the original healing done.

-2% of mastery, and a reduction of 25% on Daybreak... making 2pc Set Bonus even worse.

Plus nerf to T14-4pc. (That was justified... the rest seems out of place to me, manly the Daybreak, it wasn't that good, was the base of 2pc t15, and now is nerfed, nerfing the set bonus...)

At last they should change the 2pc t15 bonus to something more meaningful.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For the Daybreak change, I read it as a buff, as it doesn't say it will divide the heal caused by Holy Shock evenly to everyone in range.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
If it's not divided, that'd be one whacked out powerful ability. I mean, if you get a Holy Shock crit, you think a 150k heal to every target in range is balanced? No, it's still divided. The change slightly buffs general AoE healing from Paladins at the expense of mana. HR + HR + HS + LoD is now a good, generalized combo, with the Daybreak doing 150% heal instead of 100% heal. Less need to weave in other spells or 1 or 2 HP Lights of Dawn to ensure 1 HS per HR so there aren't any wasted Daybreaks.

It's not a terrible nerf. The Mastery change, assuming that the secondary stat formula remains the same, will just see us at a 1.5% HPS loss, something like 1k HPS depending upon content level.

The reversion of the T-14 to what it was, now that there isn't a PvP gear set to compete with, is sorrowful, but its impact won't be *too* much, anyways, depending upon haste value and spell selection.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
About time we are getting nerfed. Hpally has been extremely strong for too long.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
About time we are getting nerfed. Hpally has been extremely strong for too long.

Coming from a priest.... I am about a blink from telling you the place you should shove your main hand weapon in. Paly has been castrated enough, other classes should be cut in 1/2 rather then jumping on Paly every update.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Coming from a priest.... I am about a blink from telling you the place you should shove your main hand weapon in. Paly has been castrated enough, other classes should be cut in 1/2 rather then jumping on Paly every update.

Oh, I forgot, if I don't swap to my hpally to comment, people get really upset and put-out that another class is commenting on their non-respective class balance.

Here's an obligatory post made by a holy paladin regarding the nerfs:

We, holy paladins, deserved the nerfs coming to us for a long time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
We, holy paladins, deserved the nerfs coming to us for a long time.

Note: my commend does not change, if your team is OP, making you look OP that's one thing. Else you see how short Paly really falls. Statement stands!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

It's not a terrible nerf. The Mastery change, assuming that the secondary stat formula remains the same, will just see us at a 1.5% HPS loss, something like 1k HPS depending upon content level.

The scaling is nerfed too, and by the same amount (a 1/6th reduction).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
<nod> Thanks for going to all of the threads and pointing out the scaling, Tarski. It'd be easier if people wouldn't make duplicate threads (there are what, 3 or 4 of them now, all talking about the exact same thing?).

5% flat nerf on average, plus another 5%+ if one happened to still be using the T-14, depending upon usage. Paladins can expect to see a 5-10k HPS drop.

Then again, one can always hope that Blizzard is nerfing the things they should (and both of these things did need to be brought down), and will give a small boost to raw healing elsewhere to make up for it after viewing data. Otherwise, I think this will bring us below all the healers but Shaman.

<grumbles> I think I'm most disappointed that Blizzard can't say the things they mean. Nerfs were expected, but they could at least *tell* us that, instead of constantly saying things are fine and hunky dory. Like what they did with ret. "Oh, ret's fine, they're right where they should be, stop complaining, our numbers don't match yours... Surprise! +15% damage buff!"
Edited by Wards on 4/16/2013 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Note: my commend does not change, if your team is OP, making you look OP that's one thing. Else you see how short Paly really falls. Statement stands!

Coming from a ret/prot "paly".... I am about a blink from telling you the place you should shove your main hand weapon in. Holy "paly" has been dominating raid healing enough, other classes should either be buffed to reach holy "paly"'s level rather than nerfed every update.

Unless you are a disc priest, the only healer specialization that rivals holy "paly" in being overpowered.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Coming from a ret/prot "paly".... I am about a blink from telling you the place you should shove your main hand weapon in. Holy "paly" has been dominating raid healing enough, other classes should either be buffed to reach holy "paly"'s level rather than nerfed every update.

Unless you are a disc priest, the only healer specialization that rivals holy "paly" in being overpowered.

Then you are playing with the wrong healer comp or the wrong players. When we have the right amount of healers for the fight, our healers are equally competitive, and that goes for MW, Disc, Holy, and druids. The only healer that can't keep up these days, are shamans.

If your healers aren't keeping up with you, then chances are, they just aren't as good as you think they are, or your Paladin is a meter hoochy. (excepting Shamans. Buff Shamans!)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
04/16/2013 08:18 PMPosted by Pospospos
Coming from a ret/prot "paly"....

I play all 3 specs, i was simply needed as a tank the last few days. So yet again my statement stands. If you are 15ilvl above the rest of your team, or the fight favors holy over the rest. I agree holy can seem OP. In a even race, all healing are on par, I have played all but shamy so i can't speak for them. For the rest, i can tell you that all healing as is is balanced +/- a degree when a fight may favor one class over the others.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
If blizz honestly doesnt look at any numbers than wtf lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]