Lifebloom's Bloom

90 Night Elf Druid
04/17/2013 11:27 AMPosted by Heyseusse
As has been stated, it's very very rare that we let it bloom because the vast majority of the time it helps to create a buffer for your tank.

This. Very rarely have I ever needed to let my LB bloom to save the tank. The glyph, situational at best for PVE, was amazing for Tsu Long though.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
i wish we had a way to bloom lifebloom when we need it not when it falls off
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Then why even have the bloom or the option to increase it 50%?

Ever heard of PvP? It's a PvP glyph as it's counterpart is the glyph of lifebloom allowing full stack swaps.

Im telling you from experience, getting those 350k crits during times of massive raid damage is amazing.

So, not only do you want to rely on the bloom happening when it's needed and not an overheal, you're also suggesting it's good in the case that it crits? The odds of both of those lining up perfectly are rather...astronomically low.

Hotkeyed I can stack em back up rather quickly.

And I can click my mouse on my ui and drop 6 Rejuv's during the time it takes you to restack LB.

LB is like my #1-2 heal and I'm constantly at the top of the healing charts so take it for what its worth.

Log's or it didn't happen. Post on your druid too;)

The point is, allowing it to bloom can be very helpful. HOWEVER the frequency of which it is beneficial during a given encounter is so low that you're losing far too much by glyphing for bloom. That is just bad, un-optimized play.
Edited by Tonydanza on 4/18/2013 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
LB is like my #1-2 heal and I'm constantly at the top of the healing charts so take it for what its worth.

I don't see how... Any druid who's trying to heal their heart out, whether that's to push numbers or just keep the raid alive, will have Rejuv as their #1 heal 100% of the time. Unless of course, you're just standing there doing nothing. As for being #2, that should be WG/Swiftmend =\
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't see how... Any druid who's trying to heal their heart out, whether that's to push numbers or just keep the raid alive, will have Rejuv as their #1 heal 100% of the time. Unless of course, you're just standing there doing nothing. As for being #2, that should be WG/Swiftmend =\

I can see how. Instead of casting Rejuv and SM on the tank when he should, he lets LB expire to cover the damage. Then instead of healing the raid damage with Rejuv and WG he's has to spend his globals rebuilding LB stacks and recasting LB every 9 seconds when he doesn't want it to bloom.

I think everyone can agree that LB can produce significant healing. The tick portion anyway. If the bloom portion is a major percent of your healing you're not using the more efficient or appropriate spells.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I glyph it, and while I am pretty good at keeping it up x3 - I have also got very good at timing it to bloom. I know roughly when a tank is going to tank a bit hit, and almost always now it blooms when tank is 50% or less HP. 350k+ burst heal on a tank is amazing! Especially when timed so it's useful and not over healing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
You have to use ***3*** globals to re-apply lifebloom. Often times, that's not just worth it. Lifebloom is good for the static heal coupled with the rejuve. Letting it bloom is often times too taxing. There's not some magical trick to lifebloom that "good druids" use. I could see it being useful if you timed it perfectly on horridon or another heavy tank dmg fight when there's nothing to do besides heal the tanks, but other than that it's just plain not worth it. Your healing is much more effective spent on keeping high uptimes on rejuve/wg/efflorescense.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Also, not keeping up LB is sometimes warranted. I feel like sometimes druids seem to think 100% uptime on lifebloom is a must, but there's definitely moments where you need to let that fall off because there's more important things to do atm.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Also, not keeping up LB is sometimes warranted. I feel like sometimes druids seem to think 100% uptime on lifebloom is a must, but there's definitely moments where you need to let that fall off because there's more important things to do atm.

Yeah 100% uptime on lifebloom is nice, but certainly not needed. Due to the extended duration of lifebloom it's extremely easy to keep up full-time now, but it's not worth prioritizing a lifebloom refresh over rolling a blanket rejuv sometimes.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock

I think it's an OCD thing caused by 5 years of LB maintenance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]