#OccupyDalaran

90 Dwarf Hunter
I see posts all the time that say "I'm on a dead server and I want to go to a more active server. Which one." That question is then met with "Dear God, not my server. It's too busy as it is, and I hate having a queue to log in and play."

So I'm just gonna throw this out there for you. If you're Alliance and on a high pop server and need a break from the madness, C'mon over to Dalaran (US:PVE:EST). Horde, you go ahead and stay there. If you're eligible for a free server transfer, pick Dalaran. Why?

We have cookies.
Plenty of active raiding guilds.
Almost no gold farmers in trade chat.
Quest and level Alts in peace and quiet.
An Auction House primed for you to make your fortunes.
Better access to rare pets.
No lag in in Trade District or Shrine.

So stop on by, and tell 'em Unjaded sent you.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
#BumpForDalaran
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
So let me get this straight somebody from a dead server is trying to entice people away from the advantages of a large server over to the dead server.

Good luck with that.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
It's not a dead server, nor is it a "Full Server". The thought is if people are so fed up being on a Full or Locked server, why not give them a target when they decide to transfer away. I'm not asking people to give up advantages, I'm telling them where they can go to get away from the issues they obviously have (since they always mention them in the above referenced threads).

"Sick of living in the city? Come to the suburbs!"
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
See for yourself:

http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

#19 out of 108 for overall population on US:PVE Servers.

Like I said; We're a suburb.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html.

Just wanted to thank you for this link. :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
04/18/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Mameha
http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html.

Just wanted to thank you for this link. :)

Here to help :)

Also, if you're into raiding, this is also a solid site to scour as well.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I approve this message.

Community having to do Blizzard's job of balancing servers though, that I do not approve.
Reply Quote
I approve this message.

Community having to do Blizzard's job of balancing servers though, that I do not approve.

Even though we created the imbalance?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I approve this message.

Even though we created the imbalance?

How so?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

I'm pretty sure the problem would be a lot worse if Blizzard dictated which servers players were allowed to play on in order to balance them.

How so?

Players are the ones choosing where they play - they are the ones creating imbalances. It's not like Blizzard is having every employee they have roll on the same server and faction to create an imbalance. That's the players looking online and saying "I want to play on the full server where my faction outnumbers the other 8:1"
Edited by Virmire on 4/18/2013 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Rogue
Only if you promise to help me get Loque'Nahak on my Hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The thing is, individuals can't really be held accountable for their realm population. For instance, Dalaran was very active in early Cata. We had 3 hardcore raid guilds always competing for realm firsts, always pugging with their 2nd and 3rd raid teams, doing transmog runs for early content and achieve runs.

Then the meltdown happened. One of them split for unknown reasons, and the end result was all 3 leaving the realm or game entirely.

I miss "Old Dalaran". Bustling with activity but never overcrowded.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Only if you promise to help me get Loque'Nahak on my Hunter.

I'm a team player. Promise.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I started on Dalaran Alliance way back in the day. I liked it a lot, had a couple of excellent guilds. Is Might and Magic still around?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
No, M&M broke up into quite a few other guilds still on the server though. My raid leader Vorquelf is a pretty good "lorekeeper" in regard to what happened to all the guilds. I think he has always been on Dalaran.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I started on Dalaran Alliance way back in the day. I liked it a lot, had a couple of excellent guilds. Is Might and Magic still around?

The 3 guilds that used to be at each other's throats were Gaia, Natural Affinity and Moment of Silence (if memory serves me right).

MoS is still active and recruiting, and I guess Natural Affinity is active (judging by their progression and wow-head gearscores), but they never pug.
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Unjaded
The thought is if people are so fed up being on a Full or Locked server, why not give them a target when they decide to transfer away.

I do mind a login queue at all. If it means I actually have people to play with.

I prefer a larger pool to draw from. Than having a puddle.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]