Don't fret yet...

90 Dwarf Shaman
The incoming buffs aren't all bad. The 10% intellect buff will increase our healing- which we need.
Being unable to snare wolves will lead to more heals. Which we need.
They buffed healing stream totem, which if you don't use... Go away......
With the increases to stormstrike by a nice huge 75% weapon damage, that will give us more burst and more Ancestral Guidance healing.
Which, if you don't use in the form of -AG, StormStrike, Ascendance, Stormblast- then... You either didnt need it at the time, or you did it wrong.......
But anyway... Because of the way we're set up as Enhancement, the burst buffs will help our survivability. Granted, it's not everything we need, but it's getting there.....

PS... I went from 1505 to 1400 in an hour......... 10 (Not a joke... Literally 10) DK-healer teams in a row.... When those Skillcannons smash Necro strike on me, I'm finished... Would be neat if ShamanRage or some thing could counter that without having a healing on team... Oh well... Chins up
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Thats great ! But not all of us are Enhancement.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The wolves buff thing is great but why can't I tremor them out of fears, which is usually what happens to them more often than being snared/rooted.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

But Enhancement needs the most assistance at the moment.
Elemental isn't in an amazing place, but they are decent and at least you have range.

Range is a HUGE advantage in both pve and pvp.
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Warrior
04/18/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Thorodan
10% intellect buff

Spell power buff, but yes, it will be better.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Everything the OP said is true, except for: "CANNOT DO THAT WHILE SILENCED"

Once the opener is done and the shaman is sitting at 30% heals, its already over.

The incoming changes are nice and should make things kinda fun when bursting against unsuspecting targets

BUT

there isn't anything coming that will stop everyone from training the shaman into the ground.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Where did you find this?
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Warrior
The incoming buffs aren't all bad. The 10% intellect buff will increase our healing- which we need.
Being unable to snare wolves will lead to more heals. Which we need.
With the increases to stormstrike by a nice huge 75% weapon damage, that will give us more burst and more Ancestral Guidance healing.
Which, if you don't use in the form of -AG, StormStrike, Ascendance, Stormblast- then... You either didnt need it at the time, or you did it wrong.......
But anyway... Because of the way we're set up as Enhancement, the burst buffs will help our survivability. Granted, it's not everything we need, but it's getting there.....

PS... I went from 1505 to 1400 in an hour......... 10 (Not a joke... Literally 10) DK-healer teams in a row.... When those Skillcannons smash Necro strike on me, I'm finished... Would be neat if ShamanRage or some thing could counter that without having a healing on team... Oh well... Chins up

Still have to be in combat to do any sort of real healing which means putting my shaman face to face with other melee who hurt just as much as I can. Ascendance is stupidly easy to shut down too so it's not really that great.

That being said, you're running with a Spriest, just keep the DK snared/rooted/feard and drop their healer. DK's don't do !@#$ outside of melee range. Use grounding totem to stop the Grips.

Alternatively you could hose the DK and keep the Healer Hexed/Feared/Sheared and follow up with a projected Capacitor totem for a decent sized kill window.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
04/18/2013 02:00 PMPosted by Ayanama

But Enhancement needs the most assistance at the moment.

What no elemental shaman said.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Unlawful: It was a hot fix, I believe. Saw it on MMOchampion a we or so ago.
And I agree with all of you. I'm so broken at the moment that I'm honestly just considering rerolling... I never wanted to and I'm fighting the urge, but I'm so sick of getting dropped in seconds. Just seconds.
I frequently go outside StormWind to test my pvp aptitude, and it's not some special feat when I get killed in less than 10 seconds by any decent rogue.
And I find out that they get me to less than half with our ONLY defensive up, then once it falls off, can use one cooldown and finish me.
While also having our only defensive as a talent choice thats SPAMMABLE. No Cooldown. They can just smash a 30% damage reduction button while we wait a minute. Bull!@#$.
So frustrating just to think about it.
Edited by Thorodan on 4/20/2013 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
And Hex is still the worst CC in the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]