Origin of the arakkoa

90 Undead Death Knight
Are they the moonkin of outland? They seem to be like the bird worgen, meaning that what ever race was practicing druidism there was trying to transform into a powerful bird form and it was to powerful the control so they turned into a bird race.

Anything comments or counter theories?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
No.

They're just bird people.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
No.

Maybe you could say how they were made, like if there was a bird ancient or something that gave birth to them?

And if they are just bird people, than why do they look different than harpies, since they are also bird people.

This is what i'm asking ^^^, stuff like that
Edited by Niustavis on 4/18/2013 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It was implied in the magazine they might've had origins with Anzu
Reply Quote
It was implied in the magazine they might've had origins with Anzu

Which makes them much more interesting as a race.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
No.

Maybe you could say how they were made, like if there was a bird ancient or something that gave birth to them?

And if they are just bird people, than why do they look different than harpies, since they are also bird people.

This is what i'm asking ^^^, stuff like that
You're asking why two different races from two different planets look different from each other?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
They probably are the descendants of some form of ancient like the rest of the animal races
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
You're asking why two different races from two different planets look different from each other?

Lynxes,pigs,chimera and wolves look just about the same. So I'm wonder why these look the same while bird people don't.
Edited by Niustavis on 4/18/2013 10:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I always figured they were moonkin corrupted by the dark power of whatever they were summoning in Shadowmoon. They delve in some pretty nasty magic, which over time would warp them, given how sensitive to magic moonkin are.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
Pretty sure they are a homage to the movie the Dark Crystal and the race know as the skeksis.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Pretty sure they are a homage to the movie the Dark Crystal and the race know as the skeksis.

Well yeah, but they have such a big part in the X-pac that they should have some sort of lore relevant story. They were trying to summon an old god for pete's sake! That's pretty major.

Edit: Can't spell.
Edited by Aelandel on 4/18/2013 10:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
What about Pandaren? There's nothing indicating they were related to some ancient people who were practicing the druidic magic of the Panda Bear form. They probably just descended from something very old and bird-like a long time ago. I don't see why they had to be some other race that ended up cursed, or transformed into bird form.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
What about Pandaren? There's nothing indicating they were related to some ancient people who were practicing the druidic magic of the Panda Bear form. They probably just descended from something very old and bird-like a long time ago. I don't see why they had to be some other race that ended up cursed, or transformed into bird form.

Idk, just something more added to their story instead of evolution.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]