new classes

90 Draenei Shaman
If and when blizzard adds a new class what could it be I tried thinking of what they could be and I can't come up with something that would work
Demon hunter is a popular suggestion but I feel its to close to warlock I like the thought of one though maybe make demonology into w melee spec
Tinker is kind of strange im not a big fan or technology in a fantasy game but since it is already in the game it makes sense that characters would use it as a weapon in the wars they are in
The only other class I heard of is the bard class in a joke but it seems somewhat plausible but I dont think it eeems that fun
Anyone else have any other ideas or a way to make one of these work
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Necromancer... they should have done it with Wrath of the Lichking...

A class built on shadow and death... but not demonology.. which is the prime difference between Demonology and Necromancy....

Warlocks make pacts... and take powers from the Twisting Nether...chaotic.. hell-driven... lusting for power by enslaving others to their will by Demonic means and words of power

Necromancers are death incarnate... draw their powers from Death itself... dark and twisted.... untied from the grave... subordinating the recently deceased to do their bidding..whilst sending their foes six feet under.

They could be a lich as their damage spec.. one who was an adept in the arcane but lusted too much and sought to gain more power by becoming an undead....phylactery being their own soulstone :D

they could cast diseases.....plaguebolts....raise undead pets w.e think a fully caster DK. :D

idk... but it would be epic.. and i'd try it....
Edited by Âmbròsià on 4/18/2013 8:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Necromancer... they should have done it with Wrath of the Lichking...

A class built on shadow and death... but not demonology.. which is the prime difference between Demonology and Necromancy....

Warlocks make pacts... and take powers from the Twisting Nether...chaotic.. hell-driven... lusting for power by enslaving others to their will by Demonic means and words of power

Necromancers are death incarnate... draw their powers from Death itself... dark and twisted.... untied from the grave... subordinating the recently deceased to do their bidding..whilst sending their foes six feet under.

They could be a lich as their damage spec.. one who was an adept in the arcane but lusted too much and sought to gain more power by becoming an undead....phylactery being their own soulstone :D

they could cast diseases.....plaguebolts....raise undead pets w.e think a fully caster DK. :D

idk... but it would be epic.. and i'd try it....

Unholy Death Knights, you mean.

In other news, Demon Hunters.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
a necromancer and unholy dk are not the same.... unholy has 2 plagues... a ghoul... and a a ton of melee... a caster necro would not.... retweak the similarites... and you can make the differance as clear as a mage and a lock...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I want my Bard class.
Reply Quote
I think it would be cool if they had race specific hero classes. Like Priestess/Priest of the moon for Night Elves, Shadow Hunter for trolls, Undead could get Necromancer, Mountain King for Dwarves, maybe that's too many classes.

What if they made a new class specific to Horde and Alliance races? Like Cleric or something for the Alliance and the Horde gets their own class.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
While I doubt blizz will add yet another class they'll have to spend time balancing, I would like a battlemage. Though seeing as we already have a melee magic hybrid in the death knight and somewhat a few other classes...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
What if they made a new class specific to Horde and Alliance races? Like Cleric or something for the Alliance and the Horde gets their own class.

They had this in vanilla with Paladins and Shaman and there is a reason it changed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Easy. Dragonsworn, a second hero class after DK's. Once mortal heroes, they pledged their allegiance to the dragonflights, sworn to protect and serve them for the rest of their days. In exchange, they were gifted with dragonic power by the aspects Alextrasza and Nozdormu, as well as Wrathion, the last black dragon.

-Start at level 55, just like DK's.

-Races limited to Humans, Dwarves, Night Elves, Gnomes, Orcs, Trolls, Blood Elves, and Goblins.

-Specs: Earthbreaker (tank), Chronomancer(ranged dps), and Lifebringer(healer, with some dps spells).

-Armor/Weapons: Chronomancer and Lifebringer Dragonsworn will wear int mail, while Earthbreaker's will wear spell plate. All specs will be able to use shields. Weapon choices include staves, as well as one-handed swords, maces, and axes.

-Resource system: like Death Knights, Dragonsworn would use runes and runic power. They would have 3 types of runes: Life runes, Time runes, and Earth runes. As they would not use mana, any spirit on items would lower the cooldown on runes. Haste would act like it would for any caster.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
None, really. All concepts can fit on every single class. It was hard to tolerate Monks just because of their mechanics even though they have a unique concept (unarmed fighter).

Demon Hunters fit on the Warlock class. They're basically like a Enhancement Shaman, mainly spellcaster, but with some melee aspects.

Necromancers by themselves are unique, but abilities? All spells would either be like DK ones, Warlocks ones (specially Affliction) or/and Shadow Priest ones.

The only concept I could come up with, that I believe it's somehow unique, it's the Spellbreaker. They would be basically like some sort of "magic manipulator", fighting style would be similar to a Demon Hunter or Enhancement Shaman. Here are the possible specs:

- Battle Mage: Counter to normal arcane magic. It's the old concept of Spellbreakers from Blood Elves.
They use Int Plate, a MH caster weapon and a caster shield, got mid-ranged auto-atks that deal physical and spell dmg, along with a mix of mid-ranged spells and abilites.

- Demon Hunter (it's the only way I could see it outside of the Warlock class): Counter to demonic magic. Cloth wearer, makes use of spirit and int. Mainly dual-wielding melee, uses spells and just a few basic physical abilities.

- Corruptor: Counter to any "good" magic, such as Holy and Nature. DPS, dual-wielding (could be anything, really, from Int to Str) and Mail armor. The DPS style would be based around two resources, like Rogues with energy or many and Combo Points or Holy Power. The basic abilities would deal nature or holy dmg and be melee, while the secondary ones, would be ranged and either deal Twilight or Shadow damage.

I think it feels a bit generic, but also unique. Not really sure if it's a good idea or a bad one.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I don't want any other classes.
Reply Quote
Another vote for zero new classes.
Reply Quote
Class Name: Conjurer
Role: DPS/Tank/Healing
Specs:
-Golemancy (DPS): Binding animating spirits to golems, controlling and enhancing their abilities in various ways.
-Technomancy (Tank): Centers on binding magical energies into powerful tech to create a mech-suit, which is imbued with various abilities to manage aggro and damage.
-Naturalism (Healing): Calling directly upon various spirits in order to heal and protect.
Reply Quote
I don't want any other classes.

I want a freaking Dragonsworn class.

Sadly I don't see that ever happening.

What I really want is a ranged healing class that uses bows. There could be two DPS Specs, one which is more physical and the other more magical. Then a healing spec.

All 3 use bows, crossbows or guns.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
04/19/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Haaely
Dragonsworn

That might fit better as a spec for Warriors. Or even a race.

Those Drakonid seem to have been other type of humanoid at some point in their past, considering Blackrock Caverns and the fact we never see anything like a "Drakonid whelp".

Both could be done I guess. I mean, both spec and race.

Some people would make pacts with the remaining Dragons and use their blood on some ritual to ascend to the level of a 'dragonkind'. There could be a faction made by the remaining dragons, similarly to the Knights of the Ebon Blade. Basically, anyone could make this pact. Instead of a race chosen like all the others, we would require an already existing character that would take the ritual after reaching a certain level, then go to a "phased starting zone".

Once we complete it, or simply during the questlines, we would become a Drakonid. Then return to own faction again and progress the same way we would with any race.

Also, if someone became a Drakonid, then race changed to a Human (for example), it would be impossible to take the initiation rite and play through the "starting zone" again. That way, people wouldn't exploit the 'race change'.

The spec could come along with this lore. The Drakonid are warrior-like guardians of the dragons, so the spec would be about all the skills and arts developed by the ones who serve and possess the powers of the dragons.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Tinker is the obvious choice. There are numerous technology-based units/npc types throughout WoW and WC3 (particularly from gnomes, dwarves and goblins). The closest we've got to tech users now are hunters who simply use a gun, when we've seen some pretty crazy tech throughout WoW.

Dragonsworn could work too, but I feel that it won't happen due to the whole depowered aspects thing.

Demon Hunter and Necromancer have too many of their abilities and general combat styles already in use, Spellbreakers are basically just blood elf warriors, and Bards won't happen because they're not heroic and would be required in every group if they went the typical route.
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Warrior
Tinker

They would use Mail armor to fill in that last armor gap.

Specs would be:

Robotics - Melee DPS
Explosives - Ranged DPS
Medicine - Healer

Limitless options as to what abilities they could have.

Also, plenty of race choices: Orc, Tauren, Undead, Belf, Goblin, Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Draenei, Worgen, Pandaren
Edited by Scoot on 4/19/2013 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i think they should take a bunch of different class ideas flesh them out slightly and then have the players vote on wich one they want
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Demon hunter shouldn't be added. There's only 2 races that have any connection to it at all. It's also yet another melee class and another grimdark class that'd attract a large number of idiots like death knights did.

There are a lot of classes that'd really only make sense for 1 or 2 races(witch doctor, shadow hunter, dark ranger, blade master, demon hunter, warden, etc).

Anyway, I think tinker or alchemist would be a fun option that'd be reasonably available to a number of races.
Edited by Lena on 4/19/2013 5:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]