Fix Blink - Glyph of Blink to Location

100 Blood Elf Mage
For as long as I can remember, Blink has been screwed over by a bug that causes shifts in the terrain as small as a pebble to count as unwalkable, thus making you blink a shorter distance, nowhere, or even backwards on occasion.

Long story short, Blink is a long way from 100% reliability. It's still dang useful, but it ticks me off every time it fails.

I propose the following minor glyph, which should fix this issue:

Glyph of Blink to Location: Causes your Blink spell to teleport you to a targeted location.

Simple, is it not? Granted, it adds an extra click to its use, but that's why it's a glyph; this makes it optional for people that like it as-is. The check for a valid targeted location is different and more flexible than the check Blink currently makes. That check also happens before cast, so instead of wasting the cooldown (and the GCD) doing nothing, nothing happens, and Blink remains off cooldown.

It wouldn't add to Blink's range; you would still only be able to blink to a place within 20 (25 with the Major Glyph of Blink) yards. It also shouldn't make blinking to non-frontal locations faster; theoretically, it would take just as long to click on the location behind you to blink to as it would to turn around and blink.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I like!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
I can't remember the last time I blinked and it didn't go the full distance I wanted it to go...

Not saying it doesn't happen it just sounds like people could improve the mechanics themselves.
Reply Quote
I can't remember the last time I blinked and it didn't go the full distance I wanted it to go...

Not saying it doesn't happen it just sounds like people could improve the mechanics themselves.

Go que for silvershard mines and try to blink in the middle you'll enjoy the 1/10th of a yard you go forward
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

After so many years, yes, I have kind of gotten a feel for knowing when it will work and when it will fail. I usually do get where I want to go, but about 10% (a semi-random number) of the time, it fails. I mean, we cap on hit to ensure that 10% (I mean, 15%) chance to fail doesn't screw us over, why not the same here?

Not only that, but when I know it will fail, but I still want to blink, being deprived of that ability just because of poor terrain building is kind of a bad thing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Go que for silvershard mines and try to blink in the middle you'll enjoy the 1/10th of a yard you go backwards

ftfy.

but no really blink is bugged as all gettup.

I would never use that glyph anyways, way too much time to blink
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
It's been like this for 8 years and you haven't learned way around the terrain disadvantage? shame shame. :3
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
04/19/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Xiun
Go que for silvershard mines and try to blink in the middle you'll enjoy the 1/10th of a yard you go backwards

ftfy.

but no really blink is bugged as all gettup.

I would never use that glyph anyways, way too much time to blink

If you used a keybind or a mouse button, your cursor could already be where you want to go.

Hell, it could work like heroic leap and you could blink up platforms.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
I tend to blink backwards...i always thought it was just lag
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
If you used a keybind or a mouse button, your cursor could already be where you want to go.

I have every ability bound to a key or mouse.

I play a warrior as well.

I know exactly how and what it would be. It would still be longer of a delay that i would not like and i would still not use the glyph.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage

I have every ability bound to a key or mouse.

I play a warrior as well.

I know exactly how and what it would be. It would still be longer of a delay that i would not like and i would still not use the glyph.

Fortunately, you're not required to!

For the rest of us, there can be the glyph. Somehow I don't think you use the current version either anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I think they want to avoid giving a "shadow step-like" ability that doesn't require a target.

Could use it to blink to places we aren't meant to access.
Edited by Kaikou on 4/20/2013 6:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
I think they want to avoid giving a "shadow step-like" ability that doesn't require a target.

Could use it to blink to places we aren't meant to access.

Heroic leap functions in exactly the same way that this glyph is proposed to do.

If you try to leap somewhere you're not supposed to, you simply get an error message.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Go que for silvershard mines and try to blink in the middle you'll enjoy the 1/10th of a yard you go forward

Can't forget about orb just standing there.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I always wished Blink would be changed to how it was in Warcraft III: Frozen Throne. Basically let use choose where we want to Blink to.

So I support this idea!
Reply Quote
An excellent suggestion! Sticky requested
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Bump to fix the spell that's been broken since Vanilla!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Bump again for a long-overdue fix!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I love Blinking while falling and getting no damage, and somehow being on the ground lol. Some bugs are good that way. I've used it for kamikaze PVP, you swoop, attack, drop from way to high--blink and Frost orb lol. Eat it.

Yes, it is annoying when blink is canceled out. Your idea is probably the only good fix.

I been thinking about mirror image a bit as well. The idea of mirror image in any arcane world is to increase damage, confusion for the enemy, and give that magic feel.

In our case it causes no confusing with targeting and its only kinda cool. They stand way to close to you as well.

First I think they should be 5 at least. they should spread out from the caster but also cause whoever targets you to drop target and see all as possible targets. They can even do less damage, but have them move in small random places here and there and be a bit more intrusive. This could go a long way to make up for our terrible shields and bad survivability. Just an idea.
Reply Quote
So does this mean they should give hunters the exact same glyph for disengage? Should they make it so hunters can still do it up hills ?! Just ridiculous you can't learn to you a spell that's been broken like this for YEARS! Or maybe they should make it so we we can't cast down from ledges on melee I mean they can't hit us from that position because of the "horrible" terrain! This could turn into a never ending QQ theses of why people think there abilities are broken or why the terrain is unfair. Next why don't they give Shammys a glyph that lets them click a spot to use thunderstorm then you will !@#$% about there OP KNOCK BACK on eye of the storm. PLEASE just delete this post and come up with something that doesn't make you sound bad because you can't play/ understand your class and abilities thanks that is all!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]