Measuring my progress, where should I be?

100 Human Paladin
So, I am trying to see in raids without flasking but with raid buffs, where should I be on the dps meter? What sort of dps numbers should be putting out? Thanks for the help and assessment.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Simcraft puts you at 96,677.
altho it worries me you're not even flasking in raids, free damage yo

with a flask you're at 99,941

That's just the idea number you'd be able to pull following your priority correctly/100% uptime on boss/non human error/ect
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Well I do flask in raid, just not in LFR. Hmm 96k seriously? I'm missing some dps somewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Don't read too far into the specific DPS value predicted by Simcraft; actual DPS is almost universally lower, for a number of reasons. Simcraft is very useful for predicting relative value ("is this item better than that item?"), but much less good at predicting absolute amounts ("how much DPS should I be doing?").
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
So where should I be at best guesstimate?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Totally depends on the fight too. e.g. Jin'rohk has a major damage buff for most of the fight so you'll have higher than normal DPS, but Horridon has lots of adds and target switching and running around so you might see a substantial drop.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Probably over 90k if you ditch DP and take SW/HA

DP sims noticeably lower than both SW/HA, and it's not exactly reliable.

You can gain dps from flasking, and pre-potting + potion
Can also gain a bit from reforging/gemming, so I would download Reforgelite if you don't have it.

You're over expertise, partly due to the racial and some wonky reforging.
Match the socket bonus on chest and helmet.

Use these gems for your gear level:
Haste/Hit gems - blue
Str/Haste gems - red
Haste gem - Yellow

Get Dancing Steel, and use a crit enchant on cloak opposed to hit

Doing all this should result in a noticeable dps increase.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]