Story Forum Community Lounge 67

Link to the Archive:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8087929632

Rules:
1) The thread must be called "Story Forum Community Lounge" followed by its number.
2) If you created the current lounge, you can not create the next one.
3) No serious lore discussion.
4) No hating, flaming, or political/Religious debates as they can lead to heated debates and/or thread deletion.
5) You must post these rules in the Original Post, so all can see the rules in future lounge.
Ever felt like crying for no reason at all? Just to cry?

Where is Rhonwen or Mahalia? Or any other female poster?
Here's a new description. Feel free to add/edit and I will change it accordingly in the application.

When a group of individuals bumped into each other in the city of Solitude, none knew what fate had in store for them. Together, this band of adventurers made a pact to preserve the history of Tamriel and reform a united Empire.

Under the leadership of Lorelai Nerendus and Rufin Newman, the Sect of the Onyx Moth set out into the territories of the Ebonheart Pact and Cyrodiil in search of significant artifacts of Tamriel.

However, each member of the Sect has their own agenda, and will not let anyone stand in the way of personal glory.

However, I'd like to change Solitude to the groups favourite city in Skyrim. To achieve this, vote on one of the 9 holds and the one with the most votes will be where the guild was "formed."

I'd also like you to vote in the name, or give suggestions for the name. Rufin and I want our "story forum" history to be incorporated in the title, since that's where we all met. We'd also like it to have an Elder Scrolls twist. Here are the options:

1) The Onyx Legion of Lore
2) Sect of the Onyx Moth

Moth is a a reference to the Moth priests who study the Elder Scrolls, and Onyx is a synonym for Ebon(heart Pact)

Elder Scrolls: Scrolls of unknown origin and number which simultaneously archive both past and future events

We're open to suggestions.

Votes:

Solitude - 6
Whiterun - 1
Riften - 0
Windhelm - 1
Winterhold - 0
Falkreath - 0
Markarth - 0
Dawnstar - 0
Morthal - 0

Guild Name:

The Onyx Legion of Lore - 2
Sect of the Onyx Moth - 3

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Recap of the ESO guild if you guys hadn't voted on a place or name yet.
Edited by Lorelaî on 4/19/2013 8:47 PM PDT
Ever felt like crying for no reason at all? Just to cry?

Where is Rhonwen or Mahalia? Or any other female poster?

Not female but I find the urge to just retreat into my shell sometimes :P
90 Human Death Knight
Ulduar time?
Under the leadership of Lorelai Nerendus and Rufin Newman, the Sect of the Onyx Moth set out into the territories of the Ebonheart Pact and Cyrodiil in search of significant artifacts of Tamriel.

I'm just being a bi*tch, but I don't like this part.

04/19/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Lorelaî
The Onyx Legion of Lore

I'd vote for this mainly because idkwtf Onyx Moth is.
90 Human Death Knight

I don't either, but it sounds pretty narmy.
85 Troll Warrior

moth priests are the only ones able to comprehend an elder scroll
Edited by Omansi on 4/19/2013 8:38 PM PDT
04/19/2013 08:38 PMPosted by Tyrathius

I don't either, but it sounds pretty narmy.

Sounds like a black Moth.
04/19/2013 08:38 PMPosted by Omansi

moth priests are the only ones able to comprehend an elder scroll

Disproved with Skyrim.

As long as you have the help of a certain type of moth (forget the name) you can interpret the Scrolls.

Onyx is the synonym for Ebon since the Ebonheart Pact is the faction we're playing.
85 Troll Warrior
i truly honestly don't like either name

we should go with something else
85 Troll Warrior
As long as you have the help of a certain type of moth (forget the name) you can interpret the Scrolls.

no

it takes a moth priest reading the scroll to tell you what is on it

there is no way you yourself could do it
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Go with the moth one, its the cooler one of the two.

and Windhelm is the superior city.
04/19/2013 08:42 PMPosted by Omansi

no

it takes a moth priest reading the scroll to tell you what is on it

there is no way you yourself could do it

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Unseen_Visions

After reading all three Elder Scrolls you will see a map-like object that is glowing. Notable features include two red symbols, the one at the lower left representing the ram of Markarth, and the one at the upper right representing the wolf of Solitude. The lines represent rivers. The location of Auriel's Bow is shown by the small white symbol, similar to the Elder glyph Elder-Glyph-Special, near the head of the river in the top-left quarter of the map. Look at it for a while and your vision will white out. Once you regain your vision, you will be back at Ancestor Glade, with the map having disappeared.

You read them with the help of the Ancestor Moths.
90 Human Mage
Moth sounds....Eh....makes me think of the bugs.
Also question on this ESO, are guilds restricted by faction there or do we know yet?
Also question on this ESO, are guilds restricted by faction there or do we know yet?

I blieve so, but you aren't restricted to one guild. (Similar to GW2.)
85 Troll Warrior
the fighters and mage guilds will be present
04/19/2013 08:51 PMPosted by Lorelaî

I blieve so, but you aren't restricted to one guild. (Similar to GW2.)

oh well, it will be worth it in the end when the Dominion crushes everyone -sage nod-.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]