Nobody Enjoys The Paladin Inquisition!

90 Blood Elf Paladin
i dont find it difficult to manage inq. i do feel it should be off the gcd though. i play alot of specs and really have lot of fun as ret as of late.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I Hate Inquisition! I actually rage deleted this toon during Cata because of it. I had it restored after playing the MOP beta due to the glyph which maintains it longer (and other positive Ret changes).

It is not fun at all. It is pure maintenance. I wish it either had a interesting animation or some damage/heal component to it. It really needs to stick out, instead of me having to look for the little box in the upper left corner. The hand glow doesn't stick out in the middle of a fight.

"But it's no different than Slice N' Dice" You know what, your right, and I hate that too. Which is why I play Mut spec, so at least I only have to put it up once, and refresh it with Envenom.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Only thing I don't like about it is the length of the buff... 30 seconds is too short, need to be a way to lengthen it. Mabey if you could use up to 5 hp to make it last 2 min or be able to increase the uptime by 15 sec per hp adding to the time depending how much hp you dump into it up to a max of 2 min or more... That would make it better...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I had it restored after playing the MOP beta due to the glyph which maintains it longer (and other positive Ret changes).

The glyph is a pure dps loss.

04/27/2013 07:57 AMPosted by Sacredsteel
I wish it either had a interesting animation or some damage/heal component

10% crit increase. 30% holy damage increase. Thanks master dwarf.
Edited by Aglaea on 4/27/2013 8:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
04/27/2013 08:06 AMPosted by Aglaea
I wish it either had a interesting animation or some damage/heal component

30% crit increase.

10% crit. 30% Holy damage.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
30% crit increase.

I wish it gave 30% crit. ._.

But 30% holy damage and 10% crit is fine, too.

Really, the only thing I dislike about inquisition is that it's on the GCD.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/27/2013 08:08 AMPosted by Grôgnárd

30% crit increase.

10% crit. 30% Holy damage.

I have failed you master dwarf.
Edited by Aglaea on 4/27/2013 9:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Pushing one button every 30 seconds is too hard. Please nerf blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/27/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Covahredro
Then there's healing to consider, something pve rets wouldn't really know about.

Oh, come on. Like we've never had to pick up a healer's slack in a pug before.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Then there's healing to consider, something pve rets wouldn't really know about.

You say this, and I laugh at your ignorant assumption. As a PvE player, I spec - and have since Cata, when it was considered a poor choice for PvE - Selfless Healer specifically to toss heals when and where needed.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
04/20/2013 04:29 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
It's just not fun.

Fun is subjective, hugely so. If it's not fun to you then don't play it.

Here's a key flaw in your thread topic. I think Inquisition is fun. I like the mechanic, when I hear that little sound effect go off and see the animation it gives me satisfaction.

Exactly. QFT

For many people, ret is fun. Inquisition can be a pain. I'll be the first to admit it. In the beginning, I had trouble watching it simply because I wasn't used to having to watch it. When I forget to put it up, my damage (obviously) suffers. With my ret, I can go from being on the bottom of the meter and being told to go to noxxic or icy-veins (both of which I already use) to hitting like a truck. This can grow bothersome and I know there are things I could do to fix it. (Better gems and enchants for one, but the ones every site tells me to use are out of my price range atm)

But even when I'm at the bottom of the meters (and especially when I'm closer to the top), I enjoy ret. I don't know why, I just do. If you don't, don't play it. I don't enjoy death knights any more. Hence why mine is still sitting at lvl 70-something after several months.

It only feels punishing when it's not used.

Exactly. Unfortunately, I can be forgetful and sometimes forget to use it. Over the past few weeks, though (now that I've been toying with LFR occasionally and therefore, my performance IS affecting others rather than just myself) I've trained myself to watch it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
bigoted

Careful using that term as a cudgel. It's used to describe someone discriminating against race, ethnicity, gender, and/or sexual orientation. Not someone who happens to disagree with you about something in a video game.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin
I found my ret similar to OP... For a bit.

Then I configured my UI to track inquisition and got my Axe. Jumping from a 450 weapon to a 483 was MASSIVE in terms of feel. Where my CS / TV would feel like a feather with the 450, it's now just leveling guys in 2-4 attacks. It really feels like I can tear chunks from things.

Probably the only things I would change now would be add a sound to inquisition hitting <5seconds for when I am in burstmainia or on a heck of a spree (I really like the Holy Power proc talent, memory pulling blanks on the name of it.) After actually getting a visual timer on it, I have learned to like Inquisition.

(I know I am not gemed / reforged / chanted. I just came out of my first HoF / Terrance runs and basically upgraded everything, and am waiting until I finish ToT RF to see if any more upgrades drop.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My perspective is someone who never played Ret before

why are you even posting here then.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
bigoted

Careful using that term as a cudgel. It's used to describe someone discriminating against race, ethnicity, gender, and/or sexual orientation. Not someone who happens to disagree with you about something in a video game.

Look who you're quoting, is it really any surprise.

You don't know PVE Ret very well.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 4/28/2013 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
04/28/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Covahredro
Selfless Healer really uses holy power

It did in Cataclysm, when I first started using it. and was one of a handful of PvE Rets that did. I caught some flak for it, people questioned my choice, but I prefer to bring more than mindless damage.

And, from your sarcastic tone, I assume you really know little to nothing about modern PvE raiding since your raid achievements appear to be primarily from Wrath, when things were a lot easier, or from blasting through Cata content at 90, or just plain LFR. So, to put it bluntly, you can't always trust your healers; crap happens, healers can't always get to you, you sometimes have to fend for yourself - or, from my perspective, help pick up the slack. I see someone in need, and I have the power to do it, I heal them. Because my primary concern is completion of encounters, not placement on damage meters.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 4/28/2013 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]