MoP Cooking and Fishing - please help!

90 Gnome Mage
I'm just now getting back into the game, and would like any information you can give me on new fishing and cooking dailies, turn-ins, quests, locations etc. I tried looking through these forums and the info wasn't forthcoming.

Thanks in advance,

- A salty iron chef
Edited by Flamethrøwer on 4/3/2013 10:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
97 Human Priest
in halfhill over in the valley of the four winds, has the cooking trainers for MoP. you can grow some of your own cooking ingredients now.

the tillers help with that.

http://www.wowhead.com/faction=1272

i found the fishing faction on the coast in karasong wilds to the south. they seem to be all over the place.

the anglers is what they are called.

http://www.wowhead.com/faction=1302

also, ingredients you do not need can be packed up into special containers and turned in for the ironpaw tokens. Merchant Cheng, the container vendor is located in the back off to the left hand side of Merchant Greenfield, the seed vendor, as you are facing him.

hope this helps.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
in halfhill over in the valley of the four winds, has the cooking trainers for MoP. you can grow some of your own cooking ingredients now.

the tillers help with that.

http://www.wowhead.com/faction=1272

i found the fishing faction on the coast in karasong wilds to the south. they seem to be all over the place.

the anglers is what they are called.

http://www.wowhead.com/faction=1302

also, ingredients you do not need can be packed up into special containers and turned in for the ironpaw tokens. Merchant Cheng, the container vendor is located in the back off to the left hand side of Merchant Greenfield, the seed vendor, as you are facing him.

hope this helps.

Thanks friend! I checked out the cooking stuff since I was in that zone questing. I'll wait until I'm high enough to get into the fishing zone to do all that. Are there dailies still? I did some of the quests to learn different branches of cooking, and that looks pretty cool. Seems like they really did a good job with it. I hope fishing was done just as well. So excited! Yeah, I'm that guy who likes to cook and fish in this game :P

Also, I started farming - do we only get the four plots or are there more than can be used or unlocked?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Fishing and cooking dailies are in your factions major cities still.

You get 4 plots to start with, and 4 more after a short quest at each new level of rep, maxing out at 16 plots.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Fishing and cooking dailies are in your factions major cities still.

You get 4 plots to start with, and 4 more after a short quest at each new level of rep, maxing out at 16 plots.

Thanks. I was hoping they would expand on the dailies a bit, like they had unique ones for BC, wrath, and cata - now we just have cata's again? Anything new come out of the fishing bag?
Reply Quote
97 Human Priest
aside from repeatable turn in quests, most daylies open up at lvl 90.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
All the Anglers dailies are level 90, there's a bunch of them which give rep with the Anglers faction and unlock various rewards you can buy, including a raft you can fish off! and a water strider mount which is quite cool for leveling alts and for the isle of thunder, a daily quest zone at lvl 90 which was added in 5.2. There's also 3 special 'rare' fish you have a chance to catch in various zones which give you rep with the master fisher himself, Nat Pagle and will let you buy his very own hat at exalted.

There's a cooking daily in halfhil too, also requires lvl 90 and rewards you with an ironpaw token which is the new cooking currency, you'll need this to buy ingredients for the higher level foods and also some vanity items, including, once you've mastered all pandaren cooking paths, an apprentice! Nomi, summoned via the cooking bell, has a daily each day which increases his cooking skill, once you fully level him it changes to a new daily completed simply by talking to him that rewards you with an ironpaw token and a bag with a random high-level food, either a 25m feast, 300 stat buff food or mad brewers breakfast.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Warrior
The Anglers dailies are not available until you ding 90, then they offer 10 or 12 dailies rotatable so that only 3 are available on any given day. Each of the 3 dailies provides +1 skill.

There are also rotable dailies available at Halfhill at 90 to increase your Tillers reputation. Raising your reputation increases the amount of farmable plots available at your farm. None of these increase your cooking skill but you will find that you will be able to reach skill 600 only from cooking the food needed to attain the recipe for the best food you can make for each way. Said a different way, there are 3 classes of food for each way. The first is orange to 550, the second is orange through 575 and the last is orange through 600. Then at 600 you'll learn the best stat food for the selected way. You'll need a boat load of vegetables so you may as well get as many plots as possible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]