Int users with Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen

90 Blood Elf Warlock
on HM jin'rokh and all the stars aligned with the trink proc'd, i tossed out a 1.78mil chaos bolt as destro. The best use I have found for the proc is to havoc + immolate while its up (megaera for example) for the straight ember generation (100% crit on 2 immolates for duration) so you can throw out more chaos bolts/shadowburns without as many incenerate fillers. RoF with the proc up falls off when the proc does, so the duration of RoF doesn't maintain the proc for full duration. For destro, the trinket does not reliably proc at the start of combat so its hard to line up a good opening rotation relying on it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Basically, the proc is worth up to 2000 static crit

Not really at all.

Firstly the trinket looks good on paper for most casters, however its really only very good for spriests and afflocks because you get 20-30 seconds of extra crits out of 4 seconds, where as for someone like a fire mage, even if it procs right before you end an FB cast your going to cast one more FB and then hit pyro if your lucky and combustion isn't on CD you can get off a huge combustion however if there's any movement during that 4 seconds your pretty much screwed.
Reply Quote
6 Night Elf Hunter
04/20/2013 05:51 PMPosted by Felshifter
however its really only very good for spriests and afflocks

Better for demo than aff.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Demo is by far the biggest winner for UVLS. That comes down to nothing more than doom crits, tons of imps, lots of imp dmg, more DF so more meta uptime. Smart use of the trinket (as with the 520-7 simC APL's) radically increases the value of mastery and predictably devalues crit.

Destro just can't take advantage of the proc. PLUS the 100% crit bonus doesn't exactly stack with chaosbolt fully. If you have say 20% base crit, 30% from darksoul increases your chaosbolt predictably but there is some good info that you can't scale the crit gain to chaosbolt (or soulfire) beyond 100% crit. So instead of it doubling your chaosbolt per se it might only increase it 80% so to speak or 50% during darksoul. (20 base + 30% darksoul = only 50 left to increase) Its more of a RNG ember generator not so much a great ember spender trinket. Since destro's numbers hinge on using embers during the best buffs its not an ideal fit.

Aff can use it but the dots don't have demo's duration nor does crit scale as well for aff. Hence major int gains that PPM scale well with haste (eg wush/hydra) are going to be better generally. Also aff's secondary stat scaling on haste/mast being quite a bit higher than int (in terms of gemming type budget) means secondary stat base trinkets do well.

In terms of which specs/classes should get highest priority demo, spriest, boomkin. Nuker specs (eg Mage) don't do as well for the same reason destro gets less mileage out of it. As always run your own sims, understand what stats increase what for each spec, then relate that to the fights your guild is working on... This tier there isn't really any canned answers that apply to all situations or specs...at least not for locks.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I just got this today and asside from the annoying low proc chance, I like this trinket. fights like council this will be really really nice

Single target fights I'm not sure if the 522 valor trink isnt better.

Edit:
Thought Id come back and give some added thoughts after finishing all the LFR's today using this trinket.

Tortos 1 proc almost 2 minutes into the fight, Magaera 2 procs on 3rd head almost back to back, 2 procs on Ji-kun with on as I was flying back to main platform from getting a feather. Even with weak auras I was unable to get a single chaos bolt on purpose, got one on accident which hit for 1.7mil. Demo was a bit better given that doom crits net such a good return.

RPPM or duration needs to be doubled.. I am very underwhelmed atm
Edited by Cathirine on 4/30/2013 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I just got this today and asside from the annoying low proc chance, I like this trinket. fights like council this will be really really nice

Single target fights I'm not sure if the 522 valor trink isnt better.

Edit:
Thought Id come back and give some added thoughts after finishing all the LFR's today using this trinket.

Tortos 1 proc almost 2 minutes into the fight, Magaera 2 procs on 3rd head almost back to back, 2 procs on Ji-kun with on as I was flying back to main platform from getting a feather. Even with weak auras I was unable to get a single chaos bolt on purpose, got one on accident which hit for 1.7mil. Demo was a bit better given that doom crits net such a good return.

RPPM or duration needs to be doubled.. I am very underwhelmed atm

How was it as a percent of your damage vs what trinket you normally would have used?

And anyone have any insight on how good it would be for elemental shaman? wowbestinslot has it listed as one of the two best, but crit is generally our weakest secondary stat simply because a lot of our damage comes from auto-crit lava burst.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
It's really, really good for Shadow. It is good for 4 primary reasons:

1) DoTs are a disproportionately large percentage of our damage output compared to filler spells, so having both of our DoTs benefitting from 100% crit is very notable.

2) If you get SW:P on 2 different targets, you're going to get a LARGE number of Shadowy Apparitions.

3) See our 2piece tier bonus in combination with Shadowy Apps.

4) The only stat that benefits the new PPM style of trinkets is haste, which Shadow stacks to no end even without the trinket, so you're more likely in a practical scenario to have a Spriest ready with lots of haste to make the trinket proc a whole boatload (compared to a Lock that might be stacking a different stat and now has to regear).

Either way DoTs are the way to abuse this thing. There is no word to describe how dirty it feels getting this to proc during my opener when I spec Shadow.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]