PvP Etiquette?

100 Blood Elf Monk
I like to kill low level toons that have terrible names. I've killed countless variations of Goku, Voldemort, etc. Otherwise I attack if I'm in the mood to PvP and don't if I'm not, but I've never gotten upset if I get killed. PvP server, yo.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Death to the Horde. All of them. No matter what.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
As you've probably noticed we have a fairly wide variety around here, as it has always been.

Unfortunately that means that while many won't try to gank you out in the world, there's always the chance that someone might, which is as it should be.

Some guilds are more aggressive than others. Most guilds have an honor policy against camping/griefing. Some guilds tend to not gank lowbies as an unwritten policy (unless it's an organized thing of attacking a town or something and ppl get in the way, then it's cowchips happen).

It all depends on the guild and individual. For myself, for a long time I was in a guild that was fairly aggressive out in the world, but my personal policy (for IC and OOC reasons) I don't gank. In fact, I might help random alliance if they're in over their head. That said I tend to counter-gank viciously and w/o mercy, when called upon, but I prefer to live and let live. I'm an old cow and generally prefer to be left alone.
Reply Quote
37 Draenei Priest
Well that was nice Horde. A certain member of Point Blank kept killing me over and over in Halfhill even though I didn't fight back. Really nice there.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
If someone is bothering you in Halfhill you can run to your farm where it is phased and you can easily get away.

Honestly a huge part of levelling on a PvP server isn't learning how to kill the other person; it's learning how to get away. A lot of your threads have you complaining about being killed but that's just the reality of PvP servers. It sucks, but like I said, the most useful thing you'll ever learn on PvP servers is how to run and not die.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
Well that was nice Horde. A certain member of Point Blank kept killing me over and over in Halfhill even though I didn't fight back. Really nice there.

Cheers.

It's a PvP server. Expect to be killed. Try running to the farm and hearthing back and coming back later.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
It also pays to really be aware of your options. If someone is ganking in Halfhill can you quest in Krasarang for a bit? Or do you have a profession you'd enjoy working on? Maybe queue for a dungeon or a battleground. It's also incredibly helpful to integrate into the community and make friends who can come help you if you want to fight back.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Depends on which character I'm on whether I choose to gank, leave be, or run and hide.
If I gank, I gank at level and leave the lowbies alone (unless they're off-server DKs camping rare-spawn). If I leave be, I'm prepared to die in return in case the person I'm leaving alone decides they'd like my head on a platter. If I run, I know that if I stick around I'll be corpse-running, and I'd really rather avoid that at the moment.

But sometimes I'm a softie, and I help that poor alliance character with the rare/elite/too many mobs they just tagged.

In any case, I don't think I'd ever be able to roll permanently on a PVE server. If someone's out in the world stealing my herb/ore/mob, they must be made to see the error of their ways. Or I'll see the error of mine. Either way, fun. ^^
I've gotten good at ressing away from a camp and getting away. It really doesn't bother me.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight

Cheers.

It's a PvP server. Expect to be killed. Try running to the farm and hearthing back and coming back later.
^^^
Reply Quote

Cheers.

Are you going to post in the forums every time someone ganks you?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest

Cheers.

Are you going to post in the forums every time someone ganks you?

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I am a weird sort of PVPer.

I never attack lowbies. It's a waste of time for them, and myself, and just plain rude.

I generally don't attack people without reason. A large portion of my PVP response is usually to anti-camp or help people who are being camped.

That being said, I will always attack known greifers because there is no way to tell if they are "in the mood" to be killing people, and it's safer to assume they are there to cause mischief. (Namely in Half-Hill.)

World PVP Hubs, like Tol'barad, and Domination Point, are designed to be an area where factions clash, so I openly PVP in them if I am present, but do not go there specifically to ruin anyone's day.

While I am not a fantastic PVPer, I do try and exercise my Mooscles whenever it's necessary.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Halfhill eh :) Went there once to skill up cooking on my other lock, had no idea it was the new Nessingwary's ;p. Was quite interesting getting killed in between skillup points, but fair enough, it's a pvp server. Ran back, res'd, got one or two skill up points, died, ran back, res'd, got one or two skill up points, died, ran back, res'd, got one or two skill up points, died, ran back, res'd, got one or two skill up points, rinse and repeat ...... got there in the end and quickly hearthed out. Haven't been back since :)

I'm sure the same thing happens to Hordes as well from time to time, it's just one of those things. /shrug
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I would encourage both sides to find a good channel in which to report enemy players looking for fite. While you may not always get the rescue you want, on occasion a simple gank has turned into a pretty good battle as each side calls for more.

Horde-side, /dhd is regularly monitored by RP/PVP guilds. Again, sometimes people have events or otherwise are engaged elsewhere, but you never know. Your simple ganking could turn out to be the FITE of the week!

Look for opportunities to keep the Blood and Thunder rolling! Frustrating as a corpse-run may be while you are trying to do your work, remember if it was too easy, it wouldn't be as satisfying upon completion.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I usually don't attack Alliance unless they attack me or one of my friends, or it's someone in my KoS list. Most of the opponents i've faced are honorable and won't stay there and gank you, but some of them are !@#$%^-s who camp and gank over and over again.
These ones, i have no pity or shame, it's retaliation.

Oh, Donkeyganked, feel free to come by a member of Gladius Animus so i can kick your *!@ again for farming my monk for over 2 hours and hiding in Halfhill when i jump on my 90's:)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I know while I was in jade forest last night I made a few runs at some alliance while I was rare hunting. Maldrok is a proud warrior, and never backs down from a fight.

OOC I will only kill you once per zone you are in, if you grovel at my feet for mercy I may let you live if only so you can return home and tell stories of how the great Maldrok spared you ;)

If you make it apparent you don't want to fight ill leave you be after the first kill.

If you are on a mob I'll let you finish, and even loot.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Ah, getting killed by Donkeyganked is a rite of passage while leveling horde-side. Too bad we can't design our own achievements for that one.

If you run into him, holler out on /dhd -- there are many monitoring that channel looking to make a war drum outta that donkey's hide. He has a few patches of my fur I'd like to get back.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
Ah, getting killed by Donkeyganked is a rite of passage while leveling horde-side. Too bad we can't design our own achievements for that one.

If you run into him, holler out on /dhd -- there are many monitoring that channel looking to make a war drum outta that donkey's hide. He has a few patches of my fur I'd like to get back.

Am I the only person that hasn't been killed by him?
Am I the only person that hasn't even seen him since patch 4.2?

I must be some certain kind of special.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

I don't even know who this is myself.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue

I have killed Donkeygank a few times in Halfhill. He has killed me only once, but it was when I was fighting a mage named Saucerdote, and even then that was barely.

Saucerdote is a pretty decent PVP mage by the way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]