Hey everyone I'm thinking about transferring.

90 Night Elf Rogue
Also would like to Thank Pnutbutter for showing me the life Of Gul'Dan through her very unique recruiting post.

Alright backstory I started my rogue back in the BC era and just got back into playing once again. I'll be hitting level 90 today only 3 million experience away from it!! Played since release of WOW at the ripe age of 12 years old I was not a good player back then...

What I would like to ask is anyone recruiting a fresh rogue for raiding? I plan to get geared up ASAP so I could join a raiding guild. I'm CST in Texas hey y'all. Raid Days I'm available All but sunday. Times: Around 7CST-11CST or 11:30 if possible. Later on Saturday nights if that's available as well. Also PvP sounds fun as well. Also I don't mind faction changing.

Also I'm always on after 6pm CST usually. Thanks once again Y'all.
Edited by Sciz on 4/8/2013 8:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
If you transfer, make sure you faction change to Horde as well.

Alliance side of Gul'dan is as dead as the warlock it's named after.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
We are a newly transfered level 25 guild looking for more members to begin our descent into MoP and beyond. We are currently in need of some dps and heals to complete our 10m team. We have open raid days at the moment, meaning we dont have set days we go week by week and figure out what works with for each member to ensure we can make it work. We have extensive history in raids pre mop and would enjoy building a team with you.

Levelers and casuals also welcome. We are laid back and just aim to have a good time above all else. We are definitley drama free and help as much as we can. BOAs and perks unlocked, pets amd many achievements earned. Level 25 guild.

Please feel free to add me to real id if you need more info.

Phoenix#11129
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
We are a newly transfered level 25 guild looking for more members to begin our descent into MoP and beyond. We are currently in need of some dps and heals to complete our 10m team. We have open raid days at the moment, meaning we dont have set days we go week by week and figure out what works with for each member to ensure we can make it work. We have extensive history in raids pre mop and would enjoy building a team with you.

Levelers and casuals also welcome. We are laid back and just aim to have a good time above all else. We are definitley drama free and help as much as we can. BOAs and perks unlocked, pets amd many achievements earned. Level 25 guild.

Please feel free to add me to real id if you need more info.

Phoenix#11129
'

Once I get on today I'll give you a shout Phoenix.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I would only advise people to go alliance here if they were coming as a full fledged guild, and I honestly hope that happens in the future. Maybe we can get a guild as good as Nerdcraft was back in the days for alliance.

*That being said, since you're coming alone... going horde would be best for you.
Edited by Burix on 4/8/2013 7:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Priest
and I honestly hope that happens in the future. Maybe we can get a guild as good as Nerdcraft was back in the days for alliance.

Yeah.. I don't see that ever happening again. Alliance or Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
and I honestly hope that happens in the future. Maybe we can get a guild as good as Nerdcraft was back in the days for alliance.

This is the type of attitude that would push peeps from transferring over : /

We have some great guilds that are xferring over ;)
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Priest

This is the type of attitude that would push peeps from transferring over : /

We have some great guilds that are xferring over ;)

hehehe
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

...This server has. When I was in PvD during Ulduar we reached 68 world rank 10m after clearing all hard modes, recruiting was a !@#$% but we still managed to go places. The Revelation ring a bell also? They did amazing before they died. We also had Cold on this server for a while. All these guilds were at least top 100 US at one point on this server, hell they were even top 50 US.
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Priest

...This server has. When I was in PvD during Ulduar we reached 68 world rank 10m after clearing all hard modes, recruiting was a !@#$% but we still managed to go places. The Revelation ring a bell also? They did amazing before they died. We also had Cold on this server for a while. All these guilds were at least top 100 US at one point on this server, hell they were even top 50 US.

I too was in PvD for a short while. Remember what happened to them? Transfered off.
The Revelation also died/transfered off a reeeeaallly long time ago. In WotlK Eco tried bringing a lot of them back and he did, but alas, The Rev 2.0 died. Damage and Healing went strong from early Wrath to late Icecrown, though.
Same deal with Confirmed/Contempt, eventually died off (although Contempt appears to be making a come back this tier);
Cold was mediocre and also transfered off eventually.
In Cataclysm we had Workin as Intended, Sinfest, Cthullu and Pants Optional/Malice which I was also a part of. All of them either died or xfered off (or both).
Seeing a pattern here?
The Rev was the last great guild to actually make Gul'dan a home. PvD did as well to some extent but they weren't around as long.
When was the last time Gul'dan had a guild as good as nerdcraft or any of the above stay for longer than a couple of months?

edit: to address the bolded part, I'm obviously aware it has happened in the past. All I'm saying is people have learned their lesson.
Edited by Deliriüm on 4/8/2013 11:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Also would like to Thank Pnutbutter for showing me the life Of Gul'Dan through her very unique recruiting post.

Hey Sciz :) I'm glad you found the post!

In regards to raiding:
I have a team that runs 6:30pm-9:30pm Tues-Thurs

Hit me up on real id if interested :)
shadyshen@yahoo.com

gluck!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
o address the bolded part, I'm obviously aware it has happened in the past. All I'm saying is people have learned their lesson

The only lesson peeps learned was that they didn't understand or know how to survive on a lower pop server.. it's easier to run a guild on a high pop server and thats the reason most guilds leave. I've led a top US guild on a high pop server and can attest to the differences in leading from a high pop server to low.. its more difficult.. BUT the people you find on a low pop server is definitely better than high pop server imo. and the ones you pull into your guils are usually more reliable, dependable and the kind of members that become long term members. On a high pop server there are more peeps with your (delirium) kind of attitude and we dont need that here.

Instead of trying to scare peeps away from the server can you please look at the good on this server. If you are unhappy here you dont have to be here.. no reason to drag others down with you : /

Anyways.. Sciz please ignore the trolls and those that are just trying to cause issues. If I were you, I would make a low lvl toon and join different guilds on server and get a feel for how things are yourself. :)
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Priest
I'm not trying to scare "peeps" away nor am I "trolling". I'm simply addressing Burix's post realistically. I'm sorry if the thought of a post composed of something other than rainbows and ponies offends you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
The problem Delirium, is that I'm not asking you to talk about 'rainbows and ponies', but you obviously have an issue with the server and I don't understand why you don't see the good on the server.

It's kinda like the peeps (who by the way really bother me when they do this.. but happens on every server to be honest lol) trash talk the server when others make a low lvl toon asking trade chat if they should xfer here or not.. It truly makes me sad when peeps basically scare peeps off and not even realizing that they are complaining about the same exact things that they are practically causing.

It's just I would like peeps to change their attitude and if they aren't happy just leave.. OR they can do something about it and make the changes they want... For example, if you want an amazing top 100 guild to be on this server.. either make one or convince one to xfer here. Both would be hard work and time consuming but definitely well worth it.

The biggest problem I've been seeing, is that progression guilds that transfer to a different server, dont realize that they need to change how they do things for that server. Guild leaders tend to think they can do recruitment the same way they did before, which is why when I talk to possible guilds that are thinking of transferring here I talk to them about the challenges and what they might have to do.

It's not the servers fault that people leave.. it's either the fault of the guild leaders (who didn't do what was necessary - whether its recruiting differently or changing how the guild does things to work on a new server successfully).. or its the fault of the members on the server. People have to stop blaming Blizzard or the server(like a server is the fault) and others and figure out that if they want things to change (in any way) they gotta step up and do it.. which is why I've been working my A** off on helping this server out.

My guild may not be top 100 in the world, but that's not what I'm aiming for. I've been there and I didn't like the atmosphere in my guild nor did I enjoy it (I ran that guild for around 2 1/2 years). Took my break and came to this server because my real life friends and boyfriend was here. Didn't enjoy the guild I got into (which was Unity at that time) and created Shady Shenanigans.

The whole point of my guild is to have steady progression and yet have a community.. and we have created that. So I definitely consider my guild a success. I created exactly what I wanted from it. Yes we enjoy getting server firsts and would like to keep being server first, but honestly I wouldn't trade the community any time over our raiding. Because of the community in our guild, we were able to get 5 successful raiding teams.. all in which there are no issues on attendance, bad attitudes or starting late. All groups start on time and are progressing at a steady pace.. so in all I believe we are doing great for what our guild was built to do.

There are many guilds on server that are exactly the way they want to be and of course other guilds may have issues, but if they are having huge problems they just may need to figure out what they need to do differently.

SEE WHAT YOU MADE ME DO DELIRIUM lolol, i get passionate about this subject and then you can't shut me up! haha.
Edited by Pnutbutter on 4/9/2013 1:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Priest
Seeing things objectively does not mean I have an issue with this server. I have none.
Also, I'm not interested in your guild history.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Seeing things objectively does not mean I have an issue with this server. I have none.

I'm probably just taking it personally more than I should haha..

Also, I'm not interested in your guild history.

Didn't mean to bore you :) I pretty much kept typing once I got in a roll.. Told you :

SEE WHAT YOU MADE ME DO DELIRIUM lolol, i get passionate about this subject and then you can't shut me up! haha.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
04/08/2013 11:41 PMPosted by Pnutbutter
o address the bolded part, I'm obviously aware it has happened in the past. All I'm saying is people have learned their lesson

The only lesson peeps learned was that they didn't understand or know how to survive on a lower pop server.. it's easier to run a guild on a high pop server and thats the reason most guilds leave. I've led a top US guild on a high pop server and can attest to the differences in leading from a high pop server to low.. its more difficult.. BUT the people you find on a low pop server is definitely better than high pop server imo. and the ones you pull into your guils are usually more reliable, dependable and the kind of members that become long term members. On a high pop server there are more peeps with your (delirium) kind of attitude and we dont need that here.

As much as I hate to admit to it I have to agree with him, instead of posting our achievements as a guild while we were still well ranked to sites like MMO-champion/tankspot/recruitment forums and bumping them, we focused too much on recruiting on the server rather than cross servers and relied on wowprogress too much to find players.

I also must agree that some of the greatest players I ever played with in the past were from low pop servers, and they went on to some of the best guilds in the US at the time. PvD started off as nothing as well as Malice. After all there hard work and dedication, lots of us went on to some really kick azz guilds because of what we started here. Its hard to let go of something that started it all for us (Gul'dan), how when people started on this server as nothing and went on to being something. Lots of my old buddies that left here with me felt the same before they quit the game.
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Priest
04/09/2013 01:39 AMPosted by Pnutbutter
I'm probably just taking it personally more than I should haha..

Ya think?

04/09/2013 01:42 AMPosted by Burix
As much as I hate to admit to it I have to agree with him, instead of posting our achievements as a guild while we were still well ranked to sites like MMO-champion/tankspot/recruitment forums and bumping them, we focused too much on recruiting on the server rather than cross servers and relied on wowprogress too much to find players.

To be fair, RealID wasn't around back then. It made recruiting (and poaching) a bit easier.
Edited by Deliriüm on 4/9/2013 1:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
If I were still raiding and had real ID at the time, I would check realm WoL and find the best players on server and try to unite them into a awesome guild. Call me a @%*!!**# but that's how I would poach with it if it were me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

I also must agree that some of the greatest players I ever played with in the past were from low pop servers, and they went on to some of the best guilds in the US at the time. PvD started off as nothing as well as Malice. After all there hard work and dedication, lots of us went on to some really kick azz guilds because of what we started here. Its hard to let go of something that started it all for us (Gul'dan), how when people started on this server as nothing and went on to being something. Lots of my old buddies that left here with me felt the same before they quit the game

I've talked to quite a few people that started off on Gul'dan (my current co-gm included actually haha) who have said that they found it hard to leave Gul'dan. There's also been quite a few original Gul'danians that have come back which makes me really excited!

04/09/2013 01:42 AMPosted by Burix

You are definitely right on this. This is still an issue that's ongoing that I've been trying to work with a few guilds on. Off realm recruitment is the best way to pull peeps to the server that are interested in your guild. Not only does it affect your guild, but also affects the server in a minor way economy and community wise. I find that those I recruit off server tend to take this game a little more seriously (since they just spent money to transfer and/or faction change) and honestly.. if you are passionate about the server and guild, it can be infectious and your guildies can feel the same way. Peeps will tell if your just doing a sales pitch, just be honest ><

Anyways. I could totally keep going on with this conversation! >< /facepalm
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]