Hey everyone I'm thinking about transferring.

90 Blood Elf Hunter
If I were still raiding and had real ID at the time, I would check realm WoL and find the best players on server and try to unite them into a awesome guild. Call me a @%*!!**# but that's how I would poach with it if it were me.

lol. It would prolly work best on a server that wasn't/isn't so tight knit! /good idea though :)
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Priest
If I were still raiding and had real ID at the time, I would check realm WoL and find the best players on server and try to unite them into a awesome guild. Call me a @%*!!**# but that's how I would poach with it if it were me.

It happens all the time. Being in a top 1-30 US guild means you'll probably have people from a couple dozen different guilds on real ID. Hell, I quit for about a year after T13 and the second I logged back in I got bombarded with people asking me if I was coming back for real and if I'd consider joining their guild.
All the generic recruitment posts in the world can't beat some 1 on 1 time with a GM/Officer via real ID or vent/mumble/skype/etc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
All the generic recruitment posts in the world can't beat some 1 on 1 time with a GM/Officer via real ID or vent/mumble/skype/etc.

Definitely /agree
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
The issue we have right now on server, is that even though we're recruiting to this server.. we have a lot of peeps that are basically giving up or want a change in pace and transferring off server...

According to wowtrack:
Gul'dan is currently 214 out of 568 realms.. which honestly isn't too bad right now (this is for pve).
Gul'dan has 40 guilds (which is crazy, but I'm guessing these include alts/bank/inactive guilds?)
We're currently 11% Alliance and 89% Horde
This is what I really wanted to point out from wowtrack: Inbound transfers is at 48% and Outbound transfers is at 52%.

If we could just change it so that our inbound transfers are significantly higher than our outbound transfers, it'll be a noticeable change on server.

If people would stop xferring off, there wouldn't be issues with recruiting 'on' server to be honest.. well it wouldn't be as difficult at least. lol... We have so many people interested in this server.
Edited by Pnutbutter on 4/9/2013 2:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
eh Gul'dan is rank 212 US as far as PVE goes which isn't the greatest. The good thing is that it used to be 241 (there are 250 servers for the US) or some shhit last tier so it is making a rather decent shift. The way I see it is that Gul'dan still has much work to be done but it is starting to look alive again. I also know that EU realms are far better than US progression so comparing to them would be silly, those damn EU players don't work as much as us so its not really fair :/

* I also notice that Gul'dan is showing up as medium pop right now (holy !@#$ am I seeing things?) so that's a good sign of life and its 5 in the morning here lol.
Edited by Burix on 4/9/2013 2:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Priest
* I also notice that Gul'dan is showing up as medium pop right now (holy !@#$ am I seeing things?) so that's a good sign of life and its 5 in the morning here lol.

I'd say their definition of medium is a bit too broad. Gul'dan's 20k players (2k 90s) vs my realm's 70k players (10k 90s) is too much of a gap and they're both medium now apparently.
Edited by Deliriüm on 4/9/2013 2:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

I'm currently looking for the forum post that discussed this but it looks like it was deleted?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5149621106
Got the link before from MMO-champion : /
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I am actually currently the Co-GM of Shady Shenanigans. I originally made Cannaestia on Gul'dan back at the beginning of BC. I would say that BC was one of the highest points for Gul'dan. I remember guilds like The Rev and PvD and Contempt. All of them were amazing guilds, and any decent raider absolutely would have died to get into a guild like The Rev. Back in the day before I had much raiding experience I had a good friend that was a raider in The Rev who took me on their alt runs and taught me how to raid and gave me my love of raiding. I also at this point was apart of a guild called BTMW who a good friend of mine ran with his family (which I am still close with this group of people). They took me under their wing and taught me what they could in raiding and playing this game. I made some really good friends here on Gul'dan. Later on I decided that I wanted more out of this game, and after most of the good guilds had left made the hard choice to leave this server in search of higher end raiding. This led me to Frostmourne. I did get that higher end raiding I was looking for and was able to even be apart of some of the US top 100 guilds (most have gone alliance now .. not my cup of tea) due to the Alliance/Horde ratio on Frostmourne. When the server was down one day I decided to just hop over to Gul'dan to see who all was actually still left here that I knew before I left, and this is how i found Shady Shenanigans via random accidental whisper from Pnutbutter. I actually randomly joined the guild to socialize with them and found out that I really did miss Gul'dan and the type of people we have here. I was also VERY interested in her intentions on rebuilding this server to make it the server that I used to know. I am now back on this server and do not regret leaving Frostmourne (full pop) even though things here are a bit rough. You dont get the same type of friendly players on servers like Frostmourne that you do with a place like Gul'dan. I now have a few of the old BTMW original BC members of Gul'dan now coming back to rejoin us and help us in rebuilding this server. My original decision to leave Gul'dan boils down to the fact I didnt know how to survive on a dying server and took the easy way out of joining a high pop server like everyone else was doing. Saying that a server cant ever be what it used to be in my strongest opinion is false. This server is what its players make of it. This game is what you make of it. If you truly believe in what you are doing, you can make anything happen. I started my wow "career" here and I plan on retiring my wow "career" here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
If Fireace didn't quit the game than The Rev would of stayed alive :/ what a great leader.
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Priest
If Fireace didn't quit the game than The Rev would of stayed alive :/ what a great leader.

Probably, yeah.

e: Their website is still up, for nostalgia's sake.
Edited by Deliriüm on 4/9/2013 3:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
I was in PvD for a short while.
In Cataclysm we had..Pants Optional/Malice which I was also a part of.

Who are you?
I was in Malice too, and the only Gul'dan player I remember (before Sean opened the floodgates for casuals to join....) was Hatebreeder.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
04/08/2013 11:32 PMPosted by Pnutbutter
Also would like to Thank Pnutbutter for showing me the life Of Gul'Dan through her very unique recruiting post.

Hey Sciz :) I'm glad you found the post!

In regards to raiding:
I have a team that runs 6:30pm-9:30pm Tues-Thurs

Hit me up on real id if interested :)
shadyshen@yahoo.com

gluck!!

Will do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
04/09/2013 02:53 AMPosted by Cannaestia
My original decision to leave Gul'dan boils down to the fact I didnt know how to survive on a dying server and took the easy way out of joining a high pop server like everyone else was doing. Saying that a server cant ever be what it used to be in my strongest opinion is false. This server is what its players make of it. This game is what you make of it. If you truly believe in what you are doing, you can make anything happen.

I'm glad you came back Canna :) Also am happy that so many of the original Gul'danians are coming back! It's exciting!

Will do.

I'll be logging on pretty soon. Talk to ya then! :)
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Priest

Who are you?
I was in Malice too, and the only Gul'dan player I remember (before Sean opened the floodgates for casuals to join....) was Hatebreeder.

It is me, m8.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Who are you?

It is me, m8.

Why aren't you on Hatebreeder for forums?
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Priest
Banned.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Banned.

Well that sucks : /
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I don't remember you from PvD but I left them around the beginning of ToGC when we were losing people due to durps in our 25m, I mean we couldn't even down the first heroic boss and the first 4 were really easy from the start. I even took a break from raiding until ICC because ToGC was also a boring azz raid.
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Priest
I don't remember you from PvD but I left them around the beginning of ToGC when we were losing people due to durps in our 25m, I mean we couldn't even down the first heroic boss and the first 4 were really easy from the start. I even took a break from raiding until ICC because ToGC was also a boring azz raid.

I joined mid T7 progression. Don used to call me vapor warrior cause after I got accepted my computer blew up and I was MIA for about 3 months til I got a new one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Don't remember, I just know Don don't play anymore along with Garai and they were the main leaders. In fact Garai was one of the first good players to go, he got burned out after Ulduar and Don didn't have a second opinion for raids.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]