Hey everyone I'm thinking about transferring.

6 Blood Elf Priest
What about Garrador? All I know is the last time I saw them they were on Blackhand as <GSO> during T11.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
They played on shattered hand apparently as GSO, I just looked them up but none of them got to 90 so they must of quit.
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah, Shattered Hand, small brain fart there.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Hey Skiz! lfwd to seeing you guys out there, before ya transfer find a PvP guild to come along PLEASE! lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Hey Skiz! lfwd to seeing you guys out there, before ya transfer find a PvP guild to come along PLEASE! lol

I haven't pvp'd in forever and don't really know anyone on Anvilmar anymore.. But once I come over I'll join in on the pvp fun though. I was going to talk to all of you but... I didn't want to really risk it seeing as we had some bad storms over here.. I will be in touch today.
Edited by Sciz on 4/10/2013 6:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
:)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If I were still raiding and had real ID at the time, I would check realm WoL and find the best players on server and try to unite them into a awesome guild. Call me a @%*!!**# but that's how I would poach with it if it were me.

Nothing to do with the topic at hand but your post reminded me of the guy in BC that would spam trade randomly trying to get the GMs of The Rev, FAWR, Confirmed, and Contempt together to form some super guild. Just a lone low level toon trying to make the impossible happen.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
lol, the funny thing is that The Rev did do that. They easily had the best players on the server when they merged with management in case you forgot. Contempt had a few ok players along with confirmed.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Pnut you know that i respect you quit alot for what you do. But in some ways it has to be said that this "wonderousness of gul'dan" is completely one sided. Whatever the reasons, the horde on this realm so completely outnumber the alliance that there is no point to staying. When you love your guild and you want to see it thrive and progress and yet you cant even get a world boss down because you cant get 25 people in a group let alone 40 or multiple sets of 40's there is no hope for that faction.

You recruit off your !@# and yeah you pull people over to the horde side. But there is no Champion for the alliance side even those of us who have tried, always get turned down and burned out by the pure numbers. no one wants to join the alliance side of gul'dan to have countless douchebag horde (and lets be honest there are a ton of the horde on this server that have such horrible $%^-ty attitudes that it makes the game completely pointless at times. not all of you mind you but there an infamous few) camp then down. To never be able to get a world boss down isn't really a selling point. So everyone can really say what they want about how this is a great server, but a server that has only one choice is not a full well rounded fun server. And sadly gul'dan has but one choice, go horde or don't bother.

And the people that have tried and tried to survive on gul'dan alliance, are so sick to their stomach with some of the crap the horde pulls. that they rather transfer off than go horde.
It causes bad blood when we get a group together to down a world boss.. you guys take it..then i have 10 people log over to make lvl 1's and taunt us through whispers. whats the point yeah you took the boss you guys do every week good on you /clap

We have transferred off and found a really happy home on our new server. It may have its downs but so far the ups have so outnumbered every single down that its brought a whole new lvl of pleasure to the game for us. And i find running a guild on this server 10x's easier than it was on gul'dan where i only had the same 40 people to cycle through. and 75% or higher where already in my guild.

So i wish all of you transferring here good luck, but understand don't go alliance because it will sour your disposition to the game. But don't be fooled into thinking that gul'dan is the wonderful land of oz.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Pnut you know that i respect you quit alot for what you do. But in some ways it has to be said that this "wonderousness of gul'dan" is completely one sided. Whatever the reasons, the horde on this realm so completely outnumber the alliance that there is no point to staying. When you love your guild and you want to see it thrive and progress and yet you cant even get a world boss down because you cant get 25 people in a group let alone 40 or multiple sets of 40's there is no hope for that faction.

You recruit off your !@# and yeah you pull people over to the horde side. But there is no Champion for the alliance side even those of us who have tried, always get turned down and burned out by the pure numbers. no one wants to join the alliance side of gul'dan to have countless douchebag horde (and lets be honest there are a ton of the horde on this server that have such horrible $%^-ty attitudes that it makes the game completely pointless at times. not all of you mind you but there an infamous few) camp then down. To never be able to get a world boss down isn't really a selling point. So everyone can really say what they want about how this is a great server, but a server that has only one choice is not a full well rounded fun server. And sadly gul'dan has but one choice, go horde or don't bother.

And the people that have tried and tried to survive on gul'dan alliance, are so sick to their stomach with some of the crap the horde pulls. that they rather transfer off than go horde.
It causes bad blood when we get a group together to down a world boss.. you guys take it..then i have 10 people log over to make lvl 1's and taunt us through whispers. whats the point yeah you took the boss you guys do every week good on you /clap

We have transferred off and found a really happy home on our new server. It may have its downs but so far the ups have so outnumbered every single down that its brought a whole new lvl of pleasure to the game for us. And i find running a guild on this server 10x's easier than it was on gul'dan where i only had the same 40 people to cycle through. and 75% or higher where already in my guild.

So i wish all of you transferring here good luck, but understand don't go alliance because it will sour your disposition to the game. But don't be fooled into thinking that gul'dan is the wonderful land of oz.

While i may disagree with your philosophy i am in no position to dispute it having never been in your position. It is quite disgusting the way some people do act on this server but i truly believe we have something special in gul'dan. good luck in your new home.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
And on the horde side that may be true. and ty for not trolling my statement =)

but once again i stand firm, without a well rounded server, meaning a healthy thriving life on both factions then the game loses some of its appeal. And watching a guild you built up from scratch start to wither and die because there is nothing surrounding it to feed it and help it grow, it was much better for us to make the choice we did.

and ty for the good luck wishes same goes to you and yours!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll miss having fun with you, Rhayna, Zel and Kitteny! I Hope Korgath is a better fit for you guys..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
lol, the funny thing is that The Rev did do that. They easily had the best players on the server when they merged with management in case you forgot. Contempt had a few ok players along with confirmed.

During BC i don't remember management being that good, they were in T5 for a while, maybe the merger was before that period?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

but once again i stand firm, without a well rounded server, meaning a healthy thriving life on both factions then the game loses some of its appeal. And watching a guild you built up from scratch start to wither and die because there is nothing surrounding it to feed it and help it grow, it was much better for us to make the choice we did.

Not trying to troll this but I have been to a lot of servers and have looked up every realm in the US. Almost every server is uneven when it comes to alliance horde ratio and it will never be in between ever since faction changes started. Also to be fair, horde didn't kill the Alliance on this server, blizzard did by adding transfers and !@#$... same goes for every other server.

Blizzard also needs to accept that this game will never get the number of subs they once had and shut down 50 servers and merge small ones together....
Edited by Burix on 4/14/2013 9:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

Not trying to troll this but I have been to a lot of servers and have looked up every realm in the US. Almost every server is uneven when it comes to alliance horde ratio and it will never be in between ever since faction changes started. Also to be fair, horde didn't kill the Alliance on this server, blizzard did by adding transfers and !@#$... same goes for every other server.

Blizzard also needs to accept that this game will never get the number of subs they once had and shut down 50 servers and merge small ones together....

the subs it once had? they dominate the mmo market by the overwhelming vast majority. I think its a two-fold problem, players leaving and blizzard offering transfers. too many alliance ended up transfering.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
[/quote] the subs it once had? they dominate the mmo market by the overwhelming vast majority. I think its a two-fold problem, players leaving and blizzard offering transfers. too many alliance ended up transfering. [/quote]

Not entirely true, there are plenty of MMO's that dominate just as much as them and have just as many subs (Guild Wars 2 for instance has 10 players or more), the only difference is that they are the only ones that are successful with subs... which is mainly because people don't realize what else is out there. I still like wow and still play it but I feel that they are killing the game because they are too greedy, most of there money is from transfering and faction changing... how long do you expect that to last when people hate paying for them over and over? I play this game for friends still but imo with its age it isn't even worth 15 a month either when games like guild wars and LoL are buy and play and are just as good, this of course is my opinion though...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Welcome to Gul'dan Sciz.. I'm glad you xferred over :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
The game content really isn't the issue. People play the game regardless of the content. Mostly because of the people we meet on the game and the social circles we develop. So that alone is worth the 15 we pay each month. But i assume its the same with any game you play now adays.

I wouldn't suggest server hopping or faction changing or spending any extra money if you don't want to. But in the event that the game you play and the social circle you've come to make is no longer happy. and logging into the game is more of a chore than a guilty pleasure, then yes do some research and look around.

Leaving behind a small server where everyone has an opinion of you, and loves to talk crap. is like leaving a small town behind. You may miss the small things that made that server home, but you sure as hell don't miss the small mindedness.

Shady is one of the few guilds i respect more than any other guild i've met. they get things done. one thing for sure if you are coming to this server, talk to pnutbutter and her gang and go with them. They are leading the server in a good direction. =)
Reply Quote
Welcome to Gul'dan Sciz.. I'm glad you xferred over :)

Thank you pnut for the warm welcome.

Also if any alliance wanted to have a shot at Nalak maybe we horde people can help y'all out.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
the subs it once had? they dominate the mmo market by the overwhelming vast majority. I think its a two-fold problem, players leaving and blizzard offering transfers. too many alliance ended up transfering. [/quote]

Not entirely true, there are plenty of MMO's that dominate just as much as them and have just as many subs (Guild Wars 2 for instance has 10 players or more), the only difference is that they are the only ones that are successful with subs... which is mainly because people don't realize what else is out there. I still like wow and still play it but I feel that they are killing the game because they are too greedy, most of there money is from transfering and faction changing... how long do you expect that to last when people hate paying for them over and over? I play this game for friends still but imo with its age it isn't even worth 15 a month either when games like guild wars and LoL are buy and play and are just as good, this of course is my opinion though... [/quote]

You are so wrong its painful, at its peak world of warcraft held about 12 million subscribers. they are now down to 9.6million perhaps a bit less. indeed almost a 3 million subscriber drop but paltry compared to the rest of the market. Im going to assume your bit on guild wars 2 was a typo as you can not possible mean 10 million people play that game. since the game launched they have only sold about 3 million copies and at its peak the servers contain just under 400,000 players, a large amount yes but insignifigant compared to wows once massive and still massive subscriber base.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]