Expertise/hit Itemization

90 Dwarf Hunter
I seem to remember a previous post by Blizzard stating that they do not like hit/expertise and how they work, but this tier seems kind of ridiculous in the way they are operating for itemization. The original intent of of reforging to give players the ability to take something they did not deem a significant upgrade by allowing it to be altered slightly to be more amenable to their class/spec. The objective here was to increase the amount of items players took and deem upgrades rather than be in a situation of best in slot or bust.

I am sure people have previously had an issue about trying to drop hit/expertise, but this tier especially seems terrible about the method it is going about it. In terms of Boss drops for Hunter the breakdown includes; 5 items with hit, 7 with expertise, 9 with crit, 9 with mastery and then 19 with haste. This ignores the random stat bracers. I assume the haste is to push the PPM trinkets but the other items show close to an effective split with all the other stats. Expertise and Hit are clearly less necessary than the other stats. I have more rating of each of the other stats than necessary hit and expertise combined. This creates the situation reforging was created to avoid, where items are effectively not usable.

If all the base hit/expertise on my gear was replaced with mastery/crit/haste, I could still reforge into hit/expertise capping. Having some items, like Renataki's Soul Charm or the Shattered Tortoiseshell Longbow can easily create a situation where I cannot use other items with expertise. With both of them and even reforging the expertise on those items puts me about 600 expertise short of being capped. Those two items effectively put me in a situations where I can afford to only use one more item with expertise on it without going significantly over cap. That means out of the 5 expertise items remaining I can afford to use 1 and have to effectively scrap the other 4. I know blizzard is already aware of how the reforging cascade works when people get new items. Why do you constantly allow the system to go on when you know of its existence AND say you dislike it? Changing item values is not beyond the technology.

The easy route is to say, "Just use other items!" but the point of reforging to to make a system where items that SHOULD be upgrades are taken and used instead of just being effectively wasted. I fail to see the logic of introducing the reforging system and then very easily leaving in the capacity to have the exact reason reforging was put in to prevent. It is easier to be undercap and reforge to cap than to be severely over and reforge under. I can always reforge other things to get up, but I can't reforge more expertise under.

Using a coin and getting the heroic Tortos bracers with random stats and getting about 900 expertise was just amazing. I can easily have 3 items with base expertise values over 900 when I only need 2210 to cap. Having an item that has about 75% of the expertise I need to be capped seems like a terrible item to begin with.
Edited by Bledwarf on 4/9/2013 1:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
yeah hit/exp on the tortos bow is ~amazing~
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
yeah hit/exp on the tortos bow is ~amazing~

Even more amazing is going to be next tier. A trinket with expertise next tier is going to have around 1850 expertise base and a weapon would be about 1350. How would that be useful at all?
Edited by Bledwarf on 4/9/2013 3:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Dude.

Overcapping Hit/Exp is sexy.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
I love being at 20% hit when my dps/healing gear improves at a weird ratio.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I just like how they used reforging to effectively ignore paying attention to how itemization will actually work. I don't understand the necessity of overloading some items with obscene amounts of hit/expertise when they already have admitted they understand the problems with both stats. I love the amazingly awful logic blizzard uses.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
They use a dartboard to come up with their itemization, I imagine.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
The problem really is the trinkets that give over half your expertise/hit cap in one slot not in the armour/weapons itemization, I guess they are useful for tanks going for the expertise hard cap though.
Edited by Sabod on 4/9/2013 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The problem really is the trinkets that give over half your expertise/hit cap in one slot not in the armour/weapons itemization, I guess they are useful for tanks going for the expertise hard cap though

The trinket is kind of terrible, but the 2h/ranged weapons that have about 1150 expertise are retarded as well.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I have a 1237 expertise bow and a 1657 expertise trinket.

Yup, item inflation has definitely had no effects on our 2550 cap. 2210 for me, actually, but who wants to argue?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I have a 1237 expertise bow and a 1657 expertise trinket.

It was always one of those things I just thought was stupid until I rolled the Tortos bracers with expertise. I am so glad that I have these 969 expertise bracers that are effectively worthless.

Ends up being something like 172agi vs a loss of about 600 stat rating. That was the point that just bothered me the most.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]