Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
1 Troll Rogue
1) Thanks for adding rand/seed to the auction data.
2) Thanks for adding the battle pet stats to the auction data. I know a lot of folks are happy about this.
3) Did you know that your battle pet API doesn't tell you the name of the species? http://us.battle.net/api/wow/battlePet/species/258
4) The real reason I'm posting is that, since your generous additions to the auction data files, the EU has been struggling to report timely updates. At first, the /wow/auction/data/realm calls were returning server errors, but now they're just not updating.
Here are some examples at the time of this posting.
79 hours old: https://eu.battle.net/api/wow/auction/data/magtheridon
32 hours old: https://eu.battle.net/api/wow/auction/data/haomarush
9 hours old: https://eu.battle.net/api/wow/auction/data/todeswache
About half of the EU realms are working properly, and half are not. Issue started around late Friday/early Saturday.
6 Troll Mage
Oh, thanks for noticing the additions, Ujournal! And thanks to Blizzard for making those additions (and doing so in a backward compatible way).
I noticed the interruptions too, and I assume they are related to the report of interruptions on the mobile AH (see for instance the thread http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7256216431 on the EU customer support forum). As mentioned, not all realms are having troubles, only some do. Of the three realms I track the AH of, one seems doing fine (Nordrassil(EU)), and the other two (Arathor(EU) and Stormrage(EU)) are having troubles.
Over the weekend the two troubled realms were giving errors (error responses). Then they were working "normally" for a while from yesterday morning (8 april) around 10:23 UTC till this morning (9 april) 07:34 UTC (those are the first and last timestamps of the responses I got from Arathor). After that they no longer update and keep returning the same files (they don't give an error, they just don't update). One thing I noticed is that the last update on Arathor(EU) was at an unexpected time - about half an hour after the previous one (normally there are 48-72 minutes in between updates), so I suspect some server was restarted this morning (late last night yesterday US time) just before the service stopped updating.
Edited by Yocoliah on 4/9/2013 8:40 AM PDT
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.