Mac-User WTB Premade PC. Ideas?

90 Troll Death Knight
Been thinking about buying a desktop to play on instead of my early 2011 MacBook Pro.

My budget is up to about 2200.

Just looking to buy a PC without having to build it and being guaranteed it will work out of the box. Also would like decent FPS (around 60 or higher) for 25mans on graphics high-ultra. I realize I may be asking a little much, but does anyone have any suggestions?
Reply Quote
29 Human Paladin
Only decent prebuilt mac is the Imac 27inch all in 1. But they run 2600 dollars and won't perform well b/c of the super high resolution. They don't let you customize macs anymore much and the only mac with decent power still uses a laptop graphics card.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
IF you get the very highest end iMac (27", 680MX), you'll have a decent gaming rig...for a Mac.

The 680MX is supposedly a full die Kepler GPU and roughly equivalent to a 580GTX in performance. That's enough for 2560x1440, though it lacks some of the memory bandwidth of the Fermi card. I run a 580GTX at slightly higher resolution than that (mostly ultra, some high) and generally see 40-50fps across most of my WoW gaming.

You'll be looking at $2000+, of course, but that's Macs for you.

Another alternative is a Falcon Northwest box. You can hit their website (falcon-nw.com) and poke at their configutor to see what's what and what it'll cost (lots). They're a good crew to deal with. Just bring money.

Nothing you buy or build will run a solid 60fps on ultra in all conditions. An i7/Titan might come close, but you'll looking at a $3k rig over the (virtual) counter.
Reply Quote
63 Troll Hunter
I just made the switch back from OSX to Windows and built my own rig. You should do so some research and consider building your own. It's very simple.

Pre-built - you have ibuypower, cyberpc, and doghouse, etc. You'll pay a bit more than building on your own...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]