Just Curious about Healer DPS

85 Human Mage
In reference to dailies.

My 90 MW obviously does some great DPS
My 90 Holy Priest has a DPS CHaktra
Swap a couple Glyphs and my Holy Paladin can lay out pretty good DPS

My Disc Priest takes FOREVER to kill anything

How does Resto Druid and Shaman hold up in comparison to the 3 I mentioned above?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I have no trouble doing my dailies as Disc. Things die very fast.

As far as Resto Druid and Shaman, I don't enjoy doing dailies on my Shaman and you couldn't pay me to do it as a Resto Druid.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Typically, a Druid would go Boomkin and Shaman would go Elemental.

Usually, the issue for Paladins is that Holy gear doesn't translate to Prot or Ret. Mistweavers have a similar gear issue, but less of a problem doing damage anyway.

Doing dailies as a healer spec is generally annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As a druid if I HAVE to do them alone I swap to feral and use my healing gear since int converts into agility. Otherwise I only do them with friends :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
... you couldn't pay me to do it as a Resto Druid.

Resto-kitty!

Shredshredshredshred. It's actually pretty fun. :D

Alternatively, you can spec for Heart of the Wild and get a very nice DPS boost, or just be bored by endless Wrath spam.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah if HotW is up then sure kill what you can in 40 seconds. But as we all know that's not realistic.

You have to switch to boomie. One could go cat or bear but that take's forever unless you have some gear to switch out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
"How do resto shamans do dailies?"

We don't.

We go elemental for that. xD
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I always switch to Boomkin. When I forget and tag a rare or something its painfully long and boring to get those suckers down.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
When I forget and tag a rare or something its painfully long and boring to get those suckers down.
I hear you. I find holy pally dps pretty crap compared to my ret os but maybe some people are better at it (it's just denounce spam right?).

You know what's worse though? Changing specs and forgetting to change gear. Dps in ret spec with holy gear is so appalling you wonder if there's something wrong with your UI as the mob health bar actually seems to increase. It's also bad when you are in holy spec wearing ret gear.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/10/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Sarakatawen
Dps in ret spec with holy gear is so appalling you wonder if there's something wrong with your UI as the mob health bar actually seems to increase.

Lawl as happens to some raid members who forget to switch back to dps gear after helping heal a certain fight and say WTF is wrong with my dps?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Dps in ret spec with holy gear is so appalling you wonder if there's something wrong with your UI as the mob health bar actually seems to increase. It's also bad when you are in holy spec wearing ret gear.

LOL, yes, "appalling" is definitely the word for it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
K thanks everyone.

I'm not too keen on the Moonkin. The whole Sun/Moon synergy thing isnt all that appealing to me.

Tossing lightning bolts on the other hand :D

I was just curious before rolling another healer.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
i do dailies as resto its not that bad...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
i do dailies as resto its not that bad...

Back in the day i levelled my shaman as resto and it wasn't bad. If all you are worried about is high dps you go elemental instead though-same gear, way bigger numbers.

The one healing spec that could use some love in the dps department in my experience is pallies. As mentioned, using holy gear for ret is just abysmal and denounce spam, while workable, doesn't seem to come close to the numbers priests/monks can put out in the same level of gear (in my experience). Druids and shaman have the option of a workable same gear off-spec so I don't see a real problem in most situations if they can't put out similar dps. The raid boss where healers are needed but can spend significant portions of the fight dpsing aren't all that common.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
In reference to dailies.

My 90 MW obviously does some great DPS
My 90 Holy Priest has a DPS CHaktra
Swap a couple Glyphs and my Holy Paladin can lay out pretty good DPS

My Disc Priest takes FOREVER to kill anything

How does Resto Druid and Shaman hold up in comparison to the 3 I mentioned above?

We don't. We use a different spec. We're forced to.

I smell a nice troll thread though, goodjob pointing out the healer imbalance in regards to dps.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Things usually die before they can reach me as disc. Without rooting them of course.

Dailys were kinda slow until i got around a 490 item level now things die so fast its not even a worry.

The sad part is now that i have the gear to blow through dailys i cant bring myself to do them that often.

BTW shamans have elementals kill stuff for them not to mention spell power boosts lightning bolts. Druids? People play resto druids? With all the QQ about them i was begining to think they were god awful. Good to know people still play resto.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
BTW shamans have elementals kill stuff for them not to mention spell power boosts lightning bolts. Druids? People play resto druids? With all the QQ about them i was begining to think they were god awful. Good to know people still play resto.

Lightning bolt as resto lacks any real punch though... here is a list of things that elemental gets to make Lightning Bolt hit harder:
1) 70% damage increase from shamanism
2) 20% cast time reduction from shamanism
3) 35-55% chance to do 75% additional damage via Mastery
4) 50% increase in the crit multiplier on critical hits
5) 15% damage increase if casted within 2 spells of a crit

Resto Lightning Bolt is roughly 40% of the dps of a Disc priest's Smite (w/ HF glyphed). Chakra-DPS I don't even enough.

Fire Buddy has a massive CD, it's a little like saying a resto druid can HoTW...
at the end of the day resto shaman's just need to have their second spec be ele. Which is fine, what else were we going to do with it? It isn't like we have a second healing spec.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/10/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Tiriel

This is almost certainly related to gear. Discipline literally does half the damage of Holy or Shadow, has no significant AE damage and no interrupts. Trying to solo anything remotely challenging as Discipline is... painful... if you've used the other two specs to any great extent.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I usually do dailies in feral (with feral gear). But in the cases where I do dailies as Resto, it's fine as long as I can put up a LB + RJ on myself, round up a TON of mobs, hit HoW and Hurricane them down. Can usually take 3 groups before HoW runs out, then I have to single-target Wrath spam them down.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
04/11/2013 07:54 AMPosted by Medeyn

This is almost certainly related to gear. Discipline literally does half the damage of Holy or Shadow, has no significant AE damage and no interrupts. Trying to solo anything remotely challenging as Discipline is... painful... if you've used the other two specs to any great extent.

Maybe I just have the rotation wrong as holy, but I always feel like my disc spec does almost as much damage as holy and the healing from atonement makes things even easier. Plus it's hilarious if I'm fighting mobs near other people and I get thank yous for healing them. (I don't tell them I really didn't mean to.) I will note though that mindbender is my friend, and the set bonus for penance helps tremendously. I haven't played shadow since I first hit 90, so no comments there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]