How much spirit are people stacking?

(Locked)

90 Troll Priest

I guess it makes a bit more sense to stack spirit rather than throughput stats when you're put into a position where you have to play inefficiently (spamming FH for those dipping or something), rather than to be put into a role where your class/spec is able to shine.

Are you trying to tell a guy who plays a different class in a different raid that he's doing it wrong by running with more spirit than you? That's a bit silly.

No but I can
90 Tauren Priest
No but I can

No, you can't. You're not them and you're also not in their group, you have no idea what their spirit needs are.

This topic is way too subjective for someone to believe there's a right and wrong.
100 Undead Priest

I guess it makes a bit more sense to stack spirit rather than throughput stats when you're put into a position where you have to play inefficiently (spamming FH for those dipping or something), rather than to be put into a role where your class/spec is able to shine.

Are you trying to tell a guy who plays a different class in a different raid that he's doing it wrong by running with more spirit than you? That's a bit silly.

I dunno, running 16k Spirit is a bit silly too.
90 Troll Priest
04/14/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Qùess
No but I can

No, you can't. You're not them and you're also not in their group, you have no idea what their spirit needs are.

This topic is way too subjective for someone to believe there's a right and wrong.

I might as well be if I can do something called reading world of logs examining damage patterns, mana gains, as well as overall healing.
90 Draenei Monk
With a spirit flask I'm a little over 9k, with my spirit proc trinket I am ok with that. I'm usually the mana envy of our other healers maintaining a good amount of MP while still doing top heals.

Flasking/fooding spirit is the worst trade-off at a 1:1 ratio; you have pieces of gear you could reforge for spirit instead, allowing you to flask int while achieving similar levels of spirit. Currently by not doing that you're essentially ranking crit/haste higher than intellect. If that's what you're going for.
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm sitting right at 10k for heroic progression, using int food/flasks, and it feels correct.

Edit: Feels correct for me, your mileage may vary.
Edited by Destram on 4/14/2013 9:52 AM PDT
90 Tauren Priest
I might as well be if I can do something called reading world of logs examining damage patterns, mana gains, as well as overall healing.

Most Disc Priests have 14k-17k Spirit when they're pushing the kind of content you do, maybe you're a special snowflake or your raid has differing needs from others (or more skilled cohealers even). I've never seen one ounce of theorycrafting from you, or any data suggesting the amount of Spirit you're complaining about to be bad.

You know factually that Spirit is a throughput stat, especially for Disc. Any gain from trading Spirit for Intellect/other secondaries is extremely marginal that you're probably better off with Spirit in most cases.

Also, if I were going to complain about people overvaluing Spirit, I probably wouldn't use Sparkling Serpent Eye's, that's the equivalent of flasking for spirit instead of int, 1:1 trade-off.
100 Blood Elf Mage
*snicker*
90 Tauren Priest
Oh, I'm sorry. I really didn't realize that you were specifically talking about them and their logs. I inappropriately assumed you were making a blanket statement that 16k Spirit is just unreasonable, that there is some sort of obtainable cap on the value of Spirit.

If you're running that much Spirit and not using Rapture as advantageously as you could be, then you're right, that's doing it wrong. The whole point of having that much Spirit is to convert it to throughput with Rapture, ignoring that is failure to play properly.

Obviously you need more spirit in 25 mans, but why 16k ??

Maybe if your group is using you solely as a bubble-bot or something like that? I really don't know anything about 25's. I feel in my awful guild though that I could use 16k Spirit sometimes...I guess that's why I defended the notion.
90 Tauren Priest
Sorry for arguing with you qt. <3

No problem. Sometimes I get confused and miss the underlying message. But now I get it :P

<3
90 Pandaren Priest
You aren't getting my point the person who said they could get more mana from rapture doesn't even correctly use it.

Over the course of a fight where mine was 10 seconds shorter I got 3:2 ratio on rapture, so you can't tell me you want more spirit just for rapture if you aren't even going to use it.

What logs are you looking at, anyway? The only logs we have up are alt runs and normal mode content. None of our heroic content is up except for Tortos, I think?

This again goes back to spell selection and retards. In normal mode guilds like yours you have to account for a larger error, stacking more spirit. Where I am, we make mistakes obviously, but I don't have to go spam healing retards that stand in things like 'most' normal mode guilds.

Curious what your H Council strat will be? Because you end up "spamming retards" a lot in that fight. It's kind of the strat. I know we couldn't heal through the "mechanics as designed" and I somehow doubt that a 10 man will be able to, given that they appear to be inflicting the same amount of damage. Then again, maybe you won't have the option to brute force it. Dunno.

It definitely has to differ fight from fight say heroic iron qon where you have to blow all your throughput first dog and last phase, and say heroic horridon where you don't really have to heal all that much until last phase as a disc priest.

Must be the differing raid sizes. I have enough to heal to maintain a solid 40k for the first part of the encounter, with large spikes once a minute.

Two healing also helps. If you haven't two healed every fight Atleast on normal this tier then you have no place to tell me I need to stack plethorical amounts of spirit.

Obviously you need more spirit in 25 mans, but why 16k ??

I dunno, man, maybe they have different healing requirements? We were 6 healing Council, with a Blood DK, AND three Shadow Priests offhealing, AND Healing Rain/AG from an Ele Sham, and it was still very touch-and-go at the end. Moreso, I'll grant you, because if you got Frostbite after the first one, we had to let you die as the healers will OOM otherwise.
90 Pandaren Priest
"Must be the differing raid sizes. I have enough to heal to maintain a solid 40k for the first part of the encounter, with large spikes once a minute."

Tiriel.... I just like idk your just the best disc priest ever I wish I could be as awesome as you were!

Heh. How you got that from what I said, I don't know. But whatever. :) You and Fleurs are so awesomely passive-aggressive that it's provided plenty of entertainment for my non-caffeinated morning.
100 Undead Priest
Throughput is healing output over time, often measured in seconds.

Spirit does not increase our spells' healing output, nor does it alter the time in which it takes for us to cast them. Thus it has no direct effect on throughput.

Spirit has effects on mana. This means we can continue our throughput for longer before running out of mana, but to say Spirit is a throughput stat is erroneous. It is a longevity stat. When driving a car the size of your gas tank has no bearing on the speed at which you travel, it merely affects how long you can sustain that speed.

Now, if you want to say that Spirit allows you to do things like spam Bubbles that is OK. But don't say that you have more throughput, because any Priest can spam Bubbles until running OOM. The strength of your bubbles and the speed at which you cast them are your throughput. Whether or not you'll run OOM due to this practice is a matter of longevity.

I just wanted to clear that up.
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm not passively aggressive, I just don't like how you imply you can be amazing when I can view your logs

I don't know what logs you're looking at. *shrugs* All of our progression is private right now. And I've never said I was amazing. :-P
90 Pandaren Priest
Heroic Jin'rokh - 8th percentile. <3

The only H Jin'rokh kill you can see doesn't have me in it. :-\
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]