What has happened on isle of thunder

90 Human Warlock
I will give you that my character's are not well geared,but what has happened on the isle of thunder? Originally I could defeat them solo except for itok, and now I cannot do this have they become stronger or have the characters I play been nerfed again w/o knowledge. I cannot even get my remaining characters through the scenarios. I have never felt I will quit the game but I am ready . There are usually so few folks on Bronzebeard tha it is next to impossible to get a group large enough ie two or three to kill itoka let alone some of the other elites on the isle of thunder. And I have done the dungeons and raids that are open to me. Getting better gear just doesn't happen. Please help ! Maybe this game isn't for folks that don't have 6-8 hrs a day to put in. I am not happy to continue to play in a few limited areas . I would like to experience all that the game has to offer. please explain the thinking here. Why has the Isle of Thunder evolved from an area that I could complete to an area where I cannot finish the dailies because the final quest involves bosses that I simply do not have enough dps to defeat. thank you
Btw gear score is 485 on the wl middle of the road I think for this area.
Reply Quote
2 Draenei Paladin
Same problem here, can't hardly beat any of the mobs there so had to stop trying to do the dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
err..I just started doing them on a 460 rogue and have been fine including all the scenarios, I don't know what you're talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Itoka, Metal Lord Mono-han and the other one are all clearly designed as group mini-bosses, yes. They CAN be soloed - easily by some classes, more carefully by others - but they are just a bit too much for humble dailies, I think. On a low-pop realm you usually have little choice but to solo them, and I ultimately figured that risking a large repair bill for 5 valor points just wasn't worth it. I don't need the rep - exalted long before these stages opened - and there's no Shado-Pan Assault rep on offer, so I just don't bother doing them any more. I can get five times the valor points of those 3 mini-bosses just for running a quick scenario, and having a lot more fun in the process :)

The Isle's solo scenarios, though, often have buffs designed to mitigate the incoming damage in some way, even the final bosses. They're tougher, I've found, for my ranged classes, a bit more friendly to melee. And you only do them once, after all :)
Reply Quote
2 Draenei Paladin
04/17/2013 06:24 AMPosted by Audrena
toka, Metal Lord Mono-han and the other one are all clearly designed as group mini-bosses, yes. They CAN be soloed - easily by some classes, more carefully by others - but they are just a bit too much for humble dailies, I think. On a low-pop realm you usually have little choice but to solo them, and I ultimately figured that risking a large repair bill for 5 valor points just wasn't worth it.

I agree with you completely. They seem a little too overpowered for a daily, and definitely not worth the time it takes to find people willing to help.
I play at odd hours, so sometimes I am the only one there, so i just stopped doing them, not worth the headache.
I can go back and do dailies for factions I'm already exalted with for the same amount of valor points and a lot less headache.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]