Misleading DPS and stat weights.

90 Human Paladin
Last night in ToT I kept getting beat by a ret paladin by 20k dps consistently. After the 2nd or 3rd time I went over to inspect him and I was confused at what I saw. He had not 1 haste gem...he was gemmed straight strength and hit with little to nothing reforged and had 3 463 heroic blue pieces, one of those being a trinket. I was sitting there scratching my head, knowing I have way more haste and gear than him. I opened recount breakdown and his TV's were huge compared to mine "obviously". But, other than that I should have been doing more than him mathematically. The only thing I noticed was he was an engineer. Are synapse springs that good? Iv'e heard other rets talk about similar encounters with people stacking mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Haste is only a DPS gain over other options if your lag and skill allow you to take advantage of how lightning-quick moves become available. If you're sitting there for a fraction of a second each time deciding what to hit, all that haste is wasted.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I'd also ask what weapon, trinkets, and set bonuses the guy had as those really add up for Ret. A little more native strength and mastery shouldn't make that much of a difference unless trinket procs and/or set bonuses that you don't have are further padding his numbers.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Last night in ToT I kept getting beat by a ret paladin by 20k dps consistently. After the 2nd or 3rd time I went over to inspect him and I was confused at what I saw. He had not 1 haste gem...he was gemmed straight strength and hit with little to nothing reforged and had 3 463 heroic blue pieces, one of those being a trinket. I was sitting there scratching my head, knowing I have way more haste and gear than him. I opened recount breakdown and his TV's were huge compared to mine "obviously". But, other than that I should have been doing more than him mathematically. The only thing I noticed was he was an engineer. Are synapse springs that good? Iv'e heard other rets talk about similar encounters with people stacking mastery.

Give me a name, "a ret in my lfr" does NOT tell anything.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Armory link Prosze
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Armory link Prosze

Prosze, gives me level 1 paly... that cant be right.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
you are not actually suppose to do anything in LFR you are suppose to join and go afk then get gear
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Synapse springs are really good with execution sentence.

If he still had a number of lower level pieces, especially 463's, he may not be in a place where the difference between gemming strength and gemming haste is really significant, or that strength may even be slightly better. It's not a static point where haste is instantly better by some monster margin.

Armory link Prosze

Prosze, gives me level 1 paly... that cant be right.

Prosze is polish for please.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]