How about NON-CASUAL realms??

90 Dwarf Paladin
Okay nice wall of text but all I am proposing is changed level restrictions, gold prices, heirloom removal, and experience amounts. Not that hard to implement.

It would take time and money away from producing the actual game. There is far too little interest in what you're purposing to actually take away from production to make it.

Also, the Wall of No may not fit perfectly, but it's the same ideal. Blizzard has said no countless times. Stop asking.
Reply Quote
41 Worgen Hunter
04/17/2013 11:24 PMPosted by Drauze
A little word called community.

Well I suppose if you just want to meet other masochists who want to feel superior to everyone else just because they did banal stuff the most time-consuming way, sure, it's a good idea.

Everyone else will just have fun.

I sure most of the people that would choose to play this way would do so because they enjoy. Not because they're masochists (do you ever know what this word means?) Never once did I even say I was superior to anyone else; nice job putting words into my mouth.

Also, just because I don't necessarily enjoy so much ease and convenience in a MMO setting doesn't mean I feel better about myself than people who do. I like RPGs and one aspect I enjoyed about RPGs was the time you'd put into a character to get it to the place (or level) you wanted the character to be at. It was an adventure but a lengthy and time consuming one at that. Once you get your character to the appropriate level cap then did you have the time to enjoy attempts at the world's most difficult foes for the purpose of defeating them and then hopefully acquiring one of their coveted and what should be rare items that they may drop that your character may be able to use.
Edited by Qol on 4/17/2013 11:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
“Too much cost, too little interest and it’s not what the game is about… we’re not doing it.”
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
No flying in Northrend, Azeroth/Kalimdor, Outlands, or Pandaria until 90.

great...

...so... no questing in Uldum because nobody will be able to access the starting quest chain where you need to fly up and hide behind the plants, because there's no path to walk up there.

..and no access to Netherwing, or Skyguard quests at the appropriate level?

Sounds.. really pointless.
Reply Quote
56 Tauren Monk
I find it weird you propose to make leveling more arduousn (albeit, in the most banal ways), yet don't seem to want anything changed about end game Besides no LFD.

If the end game content is still the same content, Then I really really doubt people are going to roll on a server where getting to it takes longer and is more annoying.

At least ask for some kind of Feat of strength for people going to do that BS.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Priest
and here comes the self proclaimed hardcore people.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

/offers Oreos while we wait
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
04/17/2013 11:34 PMPosted by Nobully

great...

...so... no questing in Uldum because nobody will be able to access the starting quest chain where you need to fly up and hide behind the plants, because there's no path to walk up there.

..and no access to Netherwing, or Skyguard quests at the appropriate level?

Sounds.. really pointless.

Yes, the Cata zones were designed with flying in mind.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
Outlands, or Pandaria until 90
So cannot complete loremaster in northrend or outland till 90?

And i woudl call it raider free servers, they are the ones who always complain about leveling speeds, boa achievements, boa everything so they can get up and raid.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Priest
04/17/2013 11:38 PMPosted by Rosenivy

/offers Oreos while we wait
got milk?
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Shaman
Well I suppose if you just want to meet other masochists who want to feel superior to everyone else just because they did banal stuff the most time-consuming way, sure, it's a good idea.Everyone else will just have fun.

Masochistic, challenging; fun, mindless. What's the difference, right?
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Paladin
No looms.
No guild perks.
Experience is scaled down to original rate for each area.
Mounts @ 40. Epic @ 60. Flying @ 90.
Gold rates for mounts are scaled back up to original prices.
No LFR/LFD. No CRZ.
No name changes, faction changes, or race changes allowed.

I agree.

So do I only to watch it fail miserably in a few months, there by serving as an example what players really want.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Yeeaaaaah, no.
Reply Quote
56 Tauren Monk
Masochistic, challenging; fun, mindless. What's the difference, right?
I would love to see trying to sell "the same thing, but longer and missing QoL features you've come to expect from the last few years" as more fun to people.
Edited by Drauze on 4/17/2013 11:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest
Not really interested in this, no.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Server would be dead before anyone reached 90

Huge waste of resources
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
got milk?

I got vanilla flavored protein breakfast shakes do those count? Tastes like milk just sweeter.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
04/18/2013 12:02 AMPosted by Rosenivy
got milk?

I got vanilla flavored protein breakfast shakes do those count? Tastes like milk just sweeter.

... Can you mix that with ale?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Meh. The hell with it. You're essentially asking for a rollback.

Okay nice wall of text but all I am proposing is changed level restrictions, gold prices, heirloom removal, and experience amounts. Not that hard to implement.

I didn't say anything about attunements, keys, etc. The only content restriction I proposed is keeping guild's at level 1.

It would require the creation of a separate game client, something Blizzard says in that wall of text they won't do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]