How about NON-CASUAL realms??

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I get that we all wanted to feed the troll. It happens..

But I noticed very few people pointed out this simple fact.

You do NOT have to use any thing that you listed. At all. Not a single thing there is forced upon you.

Blizzard needs to ban these people from the forums.

No looms.
No guild perks.
Experience is scaled down to original rate for each area.
Mounts @ 40. Epic @ 60. Flying @ 90.
No flying in Northrend, Azeroth/Kalimdor, Outlands, or Pandaria until 90.
Gold rates for mounts are scaled back up to original prices.
No LFR/LFD. No CRZ.
No name changes, faction changes, or race changes allowed.

No guild perks: Make a level one guild and stay with that. You probably won't do enough to level it alone, or be guildless.
EXP scale: Sure, you can't avoid this. So why not FINISH every quest around, when you start it? And use /1 to find a group for an instance? It's possible for you to make it take months to level, you choose not too.
Mounts: Just wait until 40, 60 and 90 to buy them. Problem solved.
No flying: Have fun. You don't have too.
Gold rates for mounts: Pay the 10g it cost now, and give the rest that you would have spent to a low level, or new player. He'll be happy, you'll have spent your amount, no down side.
No LFR/LFD: Don't use it. Simple. Infact, you can't even do a real 10/25 man with either of those, so there ya go.. your half way there. As for CRZ: Deal with it. It's an MMO, you should want to play with others, or go play a single player RPG.
Changes: These cost real money, so whats the problem? But more than anything, you really DON'T have to do them, at all. No one will care, or even notice.
Edited by Tasian on 4/18/2013 12:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
No looms.
No guild perks.
No LFR/LFD. No CRZ.

Sorry to burst your bubble sport, but there is nothing hardcore about taking months to level or running around on a ground mount until level 90.
Reply Quote
56 Tauren Monk
But it would be so immersive for him!

And all these other people out there for whom it would also be immersive that the OP totally says exist!

This would totally be a worthwhile use of precious servers!
Edited by Drauze on 4/18/2013 12:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No looms.
No guild perks.
No LFR/LFD. No CRZ.

I fail to see how any of these make the game more casual as opposed to just more convenient.
Reply Quote
55 Troll Death Knight
I am 100% in favor of this, provided everyone interested promises to stay on that server. In fact I hope everyone who wants this also moves to the same place so they can all be together. Then all we'll need is a giant dome...

Come on Blizzard. Do it. Make that change.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I fail to see how any of these make the game more casual as opposed to just more convenient.

Guy named QoL wants to remove QoL.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Every time you level you have that voice from that Powerthirst bit screaming 'hardcore!'
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Monk

<snip>

Good lord, you actually bothered to write all that? Why? You must not be familiar with how often Blizzard says they will/won't do something then reverse their stance.
Edited by Pastureized on 4/18/2013 1:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight

You do NOT have to use any thing that you listed. At all. Not a single thing there is forced upon you.

I think the idea is to build a community of those who actually enjoy playing World of Warcraft. As opposed to people like you, who are just interested in getting lots of free stuff without wanting to actually play much (or at all). We want to get away from people like you.

Ah, yes.. the people like me. Who like to pug with a new group every week, and level alts in groups, and interact in LFR and meet friends! That's right. Can't have people like me running around.. It might make WoW.. fun?

People like you, are the guys who want this game dead. Do you think 9million people would stay if this was still vanilla? no, they certainly would not. People like you, should see WoW is becoming much more than it has ever been, and that's not going to change. Don't like it? There's the door.

Here's a fun fact, for all the people 'like you' vanilla is gone. WoW has become what it is because now it doesn't require us to play 9+ hours a day, nor do we even have to play every day. This is a game, not a job. You people need to realize that.
Edited by Frosttration on 4/18/2013 1:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight

Ah, yes.. the people like me. Who like to pug with a new group every week, and level alts in groups, and interact in LFR and meet friends! That's right. Can't have people like me running around.. It might make WoW.. fun?

People like you, are the guys who want this game dead. Do you think 9million people would stay if this was still vanilla? no, they certainly would not. People like you, should realize WoW is becoming much more than it has ever been, and that's not going to change. Don't like it? There's the door.

First, if you buy the 9 million number you don't understand how WoW is played in China, or the smoke and mirrors Blizzard is doing to pull that number out of (very thin) air. And second, if I don't like it, I think I just need to stick around. Between pack-pedalling on so many lousy things they did in Cataclysm and bringing back Pardo to do the next expansion, I think you're the one being shown the door. They know they went off-course.

I bet every last piece of gold, you have. If we look back on this post after blizzcon. You'll see it's going to be just as 'casual' as it is now, if not more. I'll save the thread link, and copy these post into a note pad right now. Along with our character names.

Because I promise you, WoW will never return to any kind of vanilla like state. EVER. The rep and daily grind we have now, is as "hardcore" as I feel it's going to get. (which once again, isn't even forced on you, you don't have to do it.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I think the idea is to build a community of those who actually enjoy playing World of Warcraft. As opposed to people like you, who are just interested in getting lots of free stuff without wanting to actually play much (or at all). We want to get away from people like you.

And what exactly is stopping you from building a community of friends now? They haven't removed friend's lists, they haven't removed guilds, they haven't removed the ability to group queue for dungeons or raids or BG's.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight

And what exactly is stopping you from building a community of friends now? They haven't removed friend's lists, they haven't removed guilds, they haven't removed the ability to group queue for dungeons or raids or BG's.

He doesn't even know what he's arguing about. He quoted my post calling out "people like me" when all I said was nothing is forced upon you that OP mentioned.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Blizzard needs to ban these people from the forums.

No looms.
No guild perks.
No LFR/LFD. No CRZ.

No guild perks: Make a level one guild and stay with that. You probably won't do enough to level it alone, or be guildless.
EXP scale: Sure, you can't avoid this. So why not FINISH every quest around, when you start it? And use /1 to find a group for an instance? It's possible for you to make it take months to level, you choose not too.
Mounts: Just wait until 40, 60 and 90 to buy them. Problem solved.
No flying: Have fun. You don't have too.
Gold rates for mounts: Pay the 10g it cost now, and give the rest that you would have spent to a low level, or new player. He'll be happy, you'll have spent your amount, no down side.
No LFR/LFD: Don't use it. Simple. Infact, you can't even do a real 10/25 man with either of those, so there ya go.. your half way there. As for CRZ: Deal with it. It's an MMO, you should want to play with others, or go play a single player RPG.
Changes: These cost real money, so whats the problem? But more than anything, you really DON'T have to do them, at all. No one will care, or even notice.

Ding ding ding we have a winner^ Pretty much this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

There is a comminuty. It's called battletags. You like guy A on a different realm? Send him a battletag request and bam. Now you can level with said person by grouping up.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

He doesn't even know what he's arguing about. He quoted my post calling out "people like me" when all I said was nothing is forced upon you that OP mentioned.

Indeed he kind of comes across the same as people who ride bikes to work arguing about people who choose to use cars.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Yes. Please make these realms to get these people off my server. All they do is complain and ruin the "community".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]