ELE shamans need love. ASAP.

90 Orc Shaman
Every battleground/arena I'm defenceless. It seems like I can't get off a single cast without being DeathGripped and trained by everyone on the opposing team. This season is all about stacking CC. And ele-shaman is the WORST class to deal with it.

We don't have any proper survive-ability in PVP. Shamanistic Rage is petty compared to what other classes get.

Warlocks - Insane self heals, dark bargain, portal, etc.
Mage - Iceblock, Blink, Evocate, various barriers
Priest - Barriers, self heals, life swap, disperse
Paladin - Bubble, instant cast heals (even ret with H.P.)
Warrior - Second Wind (*35% heal tick), Shield Wall, Defense stance
Monk - best mobility in the game, dodge mechanic, barriers, decent self heals in DPS spec
Rogue - Most CC out of any class, vanish, CoS, stealth.
Druid - Boomkins suffer a similar problem. Other druid specs are fine.
DK - Huge amount of CC and sticking-power, great survive-ability
Hunters - Basically double

Shaman - At least Ele and Enhance, we need some of that. We don't have much.
-Shamanistic Rage 30% damage reduction and can dispell a magic effect if you glyph it
-Ghost wolf? if you glyph it?
-Earthbind talent (root)
-Capacitor totem is a joke. Can be destroyed in high-level play. Hard to place. Has to be glyphed to be usefull.
-Thunderstorm is a joke in real situations.

ele needs love specifically. Enhance is getting a bit in 5.3

It's all very weak for us shamans right now.

EDIT: I want to make it very clear. I'm asking for Ele shaman LOVE. Not other class nerfs. Everyone else is where I want shamans to be. On the same level. Not the same abilities. I want shamans to be shamans.

Open for discussion.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The main reason you dont see much of them in BG's is because of their race choices. However, Elem Shamans DO need a bit love. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Keep in mind, all these problems are SO true. It is just how you deal with them.

Elemental- I use in RBG only. great filler for boomy when you get symbiosis.
If melee is a problem, T-storm (50% reduc on CD with tier bonus-more if glyphed) so you can spam T-storm every 17(22without glyph) and then through your roots at them with projection, cast Shammy rage to remove anything unnecessary to you, spirit wolf away, cast spirit walker's grace, and then kite.

The only trouble I experience through Elemental is the omnipresent Silences. Thats why I dont go arena with elemental. you can get put out soo easy. Even if you go Ascend burst out of the gate. thats why I prefer off spec for Arena. a bit more competetive.

like I said, these problems are oh-so-true. We are less "set-up" then other classes. It's just how well you can handle the situation.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

False, no team will invite an elemental shaman when they are at a rating where they will lose 20+ points when they can just invite a mage/lock/sp instead.

I know you may elemental at your rating, but people just don't CONSISTENTLY take elemental shaman on any RBG over 1700ish.

cast Shammy rage to remove anything unnecessary to you, spirit wolf away, cast spirit walker's grace, and then kite.

No offense man, but that's like telling a drowning man to hold his breath.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
False, no team will invite an elemental shaman when they are at a rating where they will lose 20+ points when they can just invite a mage/lock/sp instead.

I know you may elemental at your rating, but people just don't CONSISTENTLY take elemental shaman on any RBG over 1700ish.

Perhaps its your server, on darkspear Elemental is taken a good bit for its AOE knockbacks for tower controlling, symbiosis silence, and off heals. I just dont RBG too much, only for conquest cap, on this character.

And its not necessarily "False" if that is what I do, however like you said, I am not over 1700 in rbg, like I said, I only rbg for conq cap. but if I wanted to play a dps spec in an rbg, I would go elemental for that reason.

I am not saying we are "popular" like mage/lock/sp. because those usually are staple casters in RBG, BUT I did say it is a good filler for a BOOMY. I am finding more and more, groups looking for Elemental. and if Solar Beam gets nerfed next patch, then I wouldn't be surprised to see elemental be chosen more over booms next patch. In my opinion of course...

and if you struggle to kite a melee, then you might need a little more help than what I offer. This is the strat for melee that I use, and it generally works. unless I am completely out matched by 3 or more. but generally 1 or 2 melee isnt bad, especially with ascend up. but still you shouldn't ever be going 1 on 3+... that just means you outran your support, or they suck and ditched you lol.
Edited by Summerflame on 4/18/2013 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Every caster has a "oh !@#$ im dying" button.

Warlock=Dark Bargin, bubble %^-*, heals up the !@#, portal
Mage=ice block, blink, evocate behind a pillar teehee, barriers
Shadow Priest=Disperse, fear, root/fear pet, barriers.

What do shamans have

Shamans=Root, Capacitor Totem, Sham-Rage, astral shift which depreciates with sham-rage

We have nothing in comparison. I have a feeling anyone who is defending ele-shaman as a "fine" class doesn't know what they're talking about.

We've been like this for far too long. We need a signature ability again. It used to be lust, now everyone has it.

We need something bad.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
On Darkspear. Thats cause its the only server in the battlegroup that does anything remotely premade. Of course their going to take you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
04/18/2013 06:00 AMPosted by Stormhàwk
The main reason you dont see much of them in BG's is because of their race choices.

Eh?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Every caster has a "oh !@#$ im dying" button.

Warlock=Dark Bargin, bubble %^-*, heals up the !@#, portal
Mage=ice block, blink, evocate behind a pillar teehee, barriers
Shadow Priest=Disperse, fear, root/fear pet, barriers.

What do shamans have

Shamans=Root, Capacitor Totem, Sham-Rage, astral shift which depreciates with sham-rage

We have nothing in comparison. I have a feeling anyone who is defending ele-shaman as a "fine" class doesn't know what they're talking about.

We've been like this for far too long. We need a signature ability again. It used to be lust, now everyone has it.

We need something bad.

How about lowering the CD of Earth Elemental to 3 minutes then replacing stone bulwark with a CD that transfers the damage we take to the elemental until it dies? Assuming it gets full resil from us. I'm still not sure why it is a 5 minute CD in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Like I've said before, if you're looking to play a class that's wholly equipped to deal with all pvp situations all the time, maybe Shaman isn't for you.

But if you like shooting lightning, dropping totems, and being pretty much the most amazing thing in the history of WoW, then play a Shaman.

To quote another Shaman here on the forums: "Shaman takes the right hands, and the right mind".

Might I suggest you play a Death Knight?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
DK - Huge amount of CC

Ehwha?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
04/18/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Grenade

cast Shammy rage to remove anything unnecessary to you, spirit wolf away, cast spirit walker's grace, and then kite.

No offense man, but that's like telling a drowning man to hold his breath.

It's not the most wanted but i traditionally did not have a problem getting into decent rated bg groups.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
"Shaman takes the right hands, and the right mind".

Might I suggest you play a Death Knight?

:D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It's not the most wanted but i traditionally did not have a problem getting into decent rated bg groups.

Not that my rating is super impressive, but bragging about getting into sub 1500 RBG games as ELE is not really blowing my socks off.

We need some love. ASAP.
Reply Quote
Even shamans focus other shamans... That should tell blizz "WE NEED A BUFF!"
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Warlocks - Insane self heals, dark bargain, portal, etc.

Everyone seems to assume that warlocks in general have insane self heals. Remember, only destro locks have ember tap.

I think changes to Astral Shift would fix a few things. Maybe give it a longer duration. I'm also QQing about crowd control since shaman basically only have frost shock and hex. Blizz killed wind shear since it's just like every other interrupt but worse. I'm thinking they should lower it's cooldown some more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]