Blizzard: Machinima support feature?

90 Night Elf Death Knight
I want to toss this idea out there. Machinima makers have been using a variety of tools for machinima, many of which no longer work, if they ever really did work well.

So, I wonder if Blizzard would consider supporting a few simple extensions to the UI for customers who want it. I myself would be willing to pay extra for such a feature as part of my subscription. Example: Ability to detach the camera from my player & get shots from above, vistas, sweeping pans, etc.

I know there is a concern a feature like this would be used for exploits; but wouldn't making it available only to players who really wanted it alleviate that concern?

Food for thought?
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
Unfortunately this won't happen due to ability of exploit (Example, the camera example you used)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Why would making it available to players who really wanted it alleviate the concern that it would be used for exploits? If I want a way to gain an advantage over another player or the game, then that qualifies as "really wanting it."

Critical thinking - we mourn your loss.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
Honestly the idea has merit for the individual but as a machinima person myself I actually use a free account (level 20 toon) to take the camera shots I need.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I know there is a concern a feature like this would be used for exploits; but wouldn't making it available only to players who really wanted it alleviate that concern?

No. Once a function become available that can or does provide a competitive edge it stops being "optional" and becomes "required."

If players could detach the camera and get better views in places where those views would provide a tactical advantage, then players with that advantage would win more PVP/Arena games, beat bosses in PVE faster, etc. People who didn't want to pay for those advantages would be second-class players based on their spending, not their merit or skill, essentially turning WoW into a "pay to win" game.

Why would making it available to players who really wanted it alleviate the concern that it would be used for exploits? If I want a way to gain an advantage over another player or the game, then that qualifies as "really wanting it."

Critical thinking - we mourn your loss.

Irony, Puxx gets it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]