3's is actually pretty well balanced

90 Human Paladin
Other than the 4 specs that are head and shoulders above all the other specs and PvE trinkets. Healer parity is really good (paladins are a touch weak and rsham are a little strong, but that has more to do with the meta game than with design problems). DPS parity is incredibly good excluding rogues, hunters, spriests, and mages.

Why can't Blizz just tone down the 4 ridiculously OP specs that everyone realizes are better than everything else (even if you argue about the order, rogues, hunters, spriests, and mages are significantly better than every other spec, would anyone disagree with this?).

And I understand wanting PvE geared players to be able to get involved in PvP, but why are the BiS PvP trinkets from PvE? Renataki's Soul Charm is 10000x better than any PvP trinket in PvP.

So anyway, here's how to fix this game. Nerf mages, rogues, hunters, and shadow priests. Make PvE set bonuses and PvE trinket procs not work in PvP. Have a great time in 3's in 5.3.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I can't disagree.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You're suppose to CRY according to "Ret 101" written by conslol in collaboration with xyril
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
havent Spriest already been nerfed?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Been saying it since this season began but apparently I'm crazy when I say this game is well balanced. Strong classes are strong but there are many classes that when well played can get into glad range. Good season so far imo.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/20/2013 12:59 AMPosted by Ryuksapple
apparently I'm crazy

You're nuts
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You're suppose to CRY according to "Ret 101" written by conslol in collaboration with xyril

There's no point. Why debate if a feral is +/- 3% more effective than me in arena when that's something that is easily overcome by learning to play better.

My issue isn't that those 4 specs are the best specs--there will always be best specs. It's that there is a huge ocean between all the other specs and those 4, they might as well be playing level 95's. It's actually fun to try and think of fixes for those classes and then realize that they'd still be top classes, try it out, it's laughable.

I mean, ask yourself, look at a signature move that a mage or a rogue has, and think about what would happen if they removed it.

Remove flameglow for mages? Would they suddenly be worse than a boomkin? lol.

Remove subterfuge for rogues? Would they suddenly be worse than an enhance shaman?

You can play this game all day and it only makes you realize how ridiculously better the 4 top tier specs are than all the others.
Reply Quote
26 Undead Warlock
Mages need to get a nerf. Rshams need a minor nerf. Rogues need to be less dependent on their opener and more sustained damage. Hpals need a minor buff. WW Monks need to be buffed. Warlocks need a minor buff. Balance Druids need a makeover. Ele Shams need a minor buff.
Not in depth at all, but my personal opinion. Didn't really specify on damage or utility, but yeah.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Actually, I think WW is cool. I Like having to work for damage. Came from playing a warlock in S12. But it needs some sort of buff to make it more rbg wanted. Something that a Mistweaver Monk doesn't have access to.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I would mostly agree with this ... there are a few things like getting 2 shot by chaos bolt, Ring of Peace, and AoE DeathGrip + Solar Beam + Vortex that could use some work ... but meh

I have deff seen worse seasons
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I'm just curious as to what you're regarding as OP? I feel that you're right though, compared to last season balance is A LOT better. It sucks that there is a lot more instant CC in this game though but that just means playstyles have to evolve.

I'm going to hazard a guess at your '4 OP specs':

Frost Mage
Spriest
Rsham
Rogue?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
@Veravylle.

At the end of the day though there are classes that are better than others, especially in a team based situation where class synergy is important.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly, i really do think 3v3 is in a pretty good state now that the pve trinkets are nerfed and now spriest is going to get a LITTLE nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Been saying it since this season began but apparently I'm crazy when I say this game is well balanced. Strong classes are strong but there are many classes that when well played can get into glad range. Good season so far imo.

I think that a lot of it is that there seems to be less comps that people are running.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I feel balanced.

{◕ ◡ ◕}
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
lol I cant even

anyone in any class could kick my !@# in 2s, 3s, or a duel. that is assuming they know their class better than mine and know how to pillow my shadow dance burst.

I mean i've lost plenty of duels to ret paladins, and even one memorable duel against a ridiculous enhancement shaman.

tldr its kinda a l2p issue
I know people who suck at rogue, spriest, mage, and healing in general and they don't get 2k.

No one said that rolling one of those classes = instant 2600. Also, no one cares about duels.

In a team fight, all the top comps involve some combo of mages/spriests/rogues/hunters. Your comp isn't serious at all without one of those 4 specs, no matter how awesome you are.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I'M GONNA STOP YOU RIGHT THERE
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/statuses/301564127585910785

also, Wut has a good track rercord. Him, Kithras, Cayse, Lobster, and Areos are really the only Rets who don't come here to test their tear ducts.
Edited by Conslol on 4/20/2013 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]