Topic 85s thread of Sunlute.. Sunlute Everywhere
Edited by Vaax on 4/3/13 10:18 PM (PDT)
85 XP-Off Community Information
Players that have not upgraded to Mists of Pandaria will automatically be queued in the experience-off bracket. For those that have Mists, join the community by visiting Behsten in Stormwind or Slahtz in Orgrimmar to turn off your experience.
All Season 11 (Cataclysmic) gear is now available at vendors in Dalaran Sewers and Gadgetzan. Monks do not have gear available yet but are able to purchase the off-set pieces. So far no word on monk pvp sets below level 90 from the developers.
Here is a helpful guide for gear by Peculia!
Advantages of twinking at 85
- Fast queues (generally 5-10 minutes during peak hours)
- Less gear disparity than many other brackets, particularly 80-84
- Healers aren't Godmode like at 70
- Zero/minimal bot presence
Disadvantages of twinking at 85
- It can be expensive to level professions, gem, and enchant your gear - but once you're done, you're done! No endgame gear treadmill.
- Some BiS items require camping either the auction house for rare items or camping rare spawns in Pandaria (but viable alternatives exist)
Professions of note - max level 600
- Through Archaeology you can acquire Spear of Xuen, Umbrella of Chi-Ji and Quilen Statuette. To farm these items without a level 90, do not level Archaeology past 525; that way, all your Archaeology sites will be in the Jade Forest. Added in 5.2 were Sonic Pulse Generator (Gun) and Mantid Sky Reaver (One-Hand Sword) although these two require more effort to get.
- Alchemy increases the effects of almost all consumables as well as offering Zen Alchemist Stone.
- Blacksmithing allows you to add two more MoP gems to your gear.
- Engineering has helpful and entertaining tinkers as well as a very powerful Helmet at lv600.
- Herbalism allows you to acquire Water Spirit and Life Spirit in addition to Lifeblood (2880 haste for 20 seconds).
Other Items of Note
- Sun-Lute of the Phoenix King (BiS 2-hander available from BMAH)
- Kafa Press
- Crystal of Insanity
To queue for Arenas, you no longer need to change your xp.
RBGs are starting, with several guilds having participated in at least one game. Direct your attention to some of the larger guilds if RBGs interest you. <chill for a minute> and <chill for a moment> are planning Draft RBG nights in the future once they have the numbers to do so.
Battletags are used to organize raids and pvp groups. Browse the thread for current information.
<DONTGETMADGETGLAD> Area 52
<Nerd Cleave> Frostmane
<Sad Pandas> Tichondrious
<Twinks United> Shandris
<Nerd Cleave> Sargeras
<dot tumblr> Frostmourne
<Great Minds Twink Alike> Perenolde
<The Aggro Crag> Darkspear
Edited by Factor on 4/3/13 10:49 PM (PDT)
I am never talking to you again. >=(
So true lol
Chargingyou- lol I feel you on the lack of money. I just made it to 23k gold and I feel like that was an accomplishment lol
not so much that im broke but more that every sunlute sold on our server has been 300-400k+
Isn't she just beautiful,think imma cry.