5.3 Non Rated Pre Made Group Q PvP Request

90 Tauren Paladin
So, I see that in 5.3 they are basically turning RBG's into the only place where one can go and play with their friends as an organized group. I have some serious issue with this. First let me list the problems with making RBG's the only outlet for "organized group play"

A) Rated play requires very specific class roles and composition
B) Rated groups tend to flock to people with equal rating, but not all of your friends are going to be on your level..up or down as the case may be.
C) It's very hard to grind RBG's with people lower rated than you and watch your rating have a higher risk of going down...and almost no chance of going up. While it is very hard to get a spot with a higher rated team for the same reason.

With the new Battleground Queue system I see a huge impingement on any sort of non rated PvP. PvP is why I play the game. I don't really do anything else...though I occasionally go on the new LFR to see what it's all about get bored and go right back to my passion PvP.

So, the way I see it is that in the PvE world there is Heroic dungeons (simple mode anyone can do it) , there is LFR - the simple mode anyone can get baseline PvE epics...and Normal mode raids where people have to actually try...and then Heroic Raiding where everyone has to be very good and do their job near perfectly.

Let's break that back to the "new battleground Queue system" and what it's going to create..

The Honor Non rated play becomes "heroic dungeons" Everyone can participate to get baseline gear. Blizzard wants this to be "random" that's fine let them have it. The bots can all go here that's fine with me too.

New Premade Non Rated

This becomes the LFR of PvP...a place where friends can make groups try out new RBG comps...and not put their rating on the line to give it a go or have fun going against other premades. Wins in this arena of PvP get a player 100 conquest...up to the 2200 HARD cap. The 2200 conquest a week earned from this arena of PvP is non negotiable does not go up but becomes a place for the lower skilled people to learn...and the off spec classes (think Ret paladin DPS monk Ele/enhance shaman) to play have fun with competitive team PvP and earn 2200 conquest per week.

Then there is the Rated Battleground and Arena - this is effectively the Normal and Heroic rolled into one as your rating increases the competition increases and you can grow your weekly conquest cap.

Something else is needed if the idea of group play is being taken out of the non rated BG. Give us a place to play with our friends and NOT need specific group comp and talent load outs to be successful. A place where there are no baddies...no bots...and guilds can have PvP nights that do not demand everyone first raise their RBG rating to a specific point to participate. A fun place where premades can face other premades and people can play competitively without having to put their rating on the line to play.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Bumping because this is a valid concern with the way this MMO is going. PvP is not ALL about ratings....it's also about having fun with your friends. Not all of them are on your level - up or down as the case may be. People complain about premades but both Horde and Alliance run them.

Why not give us a non rated BG premade group Q for people to group up with friends no matter their friends ratings and have fun playing the game as a team against an opposing team equally organized and ready to fight?

This would also alleviate some of the crying going on about forming low MMR RBG's to cap points weekly.

Just sayin...
Reply Quote
So, I see that in 5.3 they are basically turning RBG's into the only place where one can go and play with their friends as an organized group. I have some serious issue with this. First let me list the problems with making RBG's the only outlet for "organized group play"

Where are you seeing this? I read through (ok, ok, skimmed) the latest patch notes and see nothing about not being able to que with friends in random BGs
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Chops,did you see this? ---->http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3196-Battleground-Roles-Loot-Spec-Menu-LFR-Difficulty-Blue-Tweets-HS-Interview-Comic-Battleground-Roles-Loot-Spec-Menu-LFR-Difficulty-Blue-Tweets-HS-Interview-Comic

Making the battleground queue system more like a pve scenario/LFR queue system will likely make it difficult to queue with friends.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I'm not getting how you couldn't still queue with 4 of your guildies and join a random.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not getting how you couldn't still queue with 4 of your guildies and join a random.

I'm sure you can, it's just more fun to assume the sky is falling.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Chops,did you see this? ---->http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3196-Battleground-Roles-Loot-Spec-Menu-LFR-Difficulty-Blue-Tweets-HS-Interview-Comic-Battleground-Roles-Loot-Spec-Menu-LFR-Difficulty-Blue-Tweets-HS-Interview-Comic

Making the battleground queue system more like a pve scenario/LFR queue system will likely make it difficult to queue with friends.

Because i, as a tank, can't be friends/guildies with healers and dps. Nope. I only associate with other tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
And when you Q as a group of 5 with 2 healers and 3 DPS how long will you be waiting in this Q? Oh, I see, you will be waiting for however long it takes Blizzard to find two opposing healers to face off against you. Have fun with that...for real.

Even if the Queue times are more reasonable than I am assuming...which I highly doubt...this does away with First in First out Q'ing and basically relegates AV and IOC to mindless zerg maps once again. Count down Q's for AV and IOC are the only way to enjoy these maps. Against the spirit of the game me if you want....I enjoy AV..but not in a mindless march north to lose as fast as possible. Bringing 20-30 in a count down Q for AV is not that complicated but in this new system...it's done for if I read all this disjointed news correctly.

Thinking next step...imagine 40 alliance forming up and Queuing for AV against 40 horde....the glory of AV may one day yet be reborn. War games will never make that happen, but this kind of system might in the long run get to that point. Those kinds of epic struggles where both sides are counting every kill and really utilizing strategy on a map of that size with all the nuances it contains...is what would bring back epic PvP. It's what made PvP so much fun in Vanilla. 500 resources with two 40 man premades going against each other on that map would be....unreal fun. And, impossible to pull off right now. Yes, I said fun and PvP in the same sentence...and AV. And, I'm horde...go figure.
Edited by Linax on 4/5/2013 4:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
47 Goblin Warrior
Perhaps if the gave an overall vision of PvP that they are trying to do, I might understand this craziness.

When I DPS, I wait quite awhile to get into dungeons, say 20-30 minutes. Now I might be waiting to get into PvP as well. Go Ooka my Dooka.

This is just another attempt to appease the masses, and a slap in the face to the real pvp'ers. You know the ones who worked their !@# off to try to get gear with Resilience that their taking away.

Can the carebears please leave and go play some Hello Kitty Online, and leave the PvP to us?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
War Games
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Can the carebears please leave and go play some Hello Kitty Online, and leave the PvP to us?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
War Games

War Games requires you to queue against another specific group. I think it would be nice to be able to do full premades in a random queue (separate from the current random bgs) without it being tied to rating. Many people say that being able to queue into randoms in a 5 man group should suffice but it still sucks queuing into a battleground when the other 5-35 people in the raid are 90% bots and/or dumbasses.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
And when you Q as a group of 5 with 2 healers and 3 DPS how long will you be waiting in this Q? Oh, I see, you will be waiting for however long it takes Blizzard to find two opposing healers to face off against you. Have fun with that...for real.

You're judging a system that hasn't even been implemented yet. A system that they've specifically said is being designed to not increase queue times. Don't get me wrong I'm also leery of their ability to pull this off, but come on they haven't even fully implemented it on the PTR.

But you're already calling for the death of WoW PVP as we know it? Let's take a step back, take two deep breaths and see how it gets implemented.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Linax I would be willing to bet even non-rated RBGs would require certain comps. Why? Because unlike randoms they know for sure that they will face another group (this would essentially be premade vs premade). Thus the norm would be very much like RBGs, with perhaps slightly lower standards for gear.

As for the other part I don't believe Blizzard intends to remove the ability to queue up as a 5 man, nor should they. Blizzard has already caved in to the whiners too much & needs to stand their ground.

04/05/2013 06:37 AMPosted by Rivzio
Perhaps if the gave an overall vision of PvP that they are trying to do, I might understand this craziness.
This is the crux of the issue... Blizzard is acting like politicians often do... selling out to get more votes... rather than making the best decisions.
Edited by Infestyx on 4/5/2013 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
answer to a prayer

sticky requested
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Blizzard has already caved in to the whiners too much & needs to stand their ground.

You almost made it an entire paragraph without an insult :P
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

So true. haha

What proof do you have that it will take an exagerated amount of time?
Have you found a test server that we have not?

Sounds more to me like someone who's afraid of something closer to comparable competition in randoms.

When I DPS, I wait quite awhile to get into dungeons, say 20-30 minutes. Now I might be waiting to get into PvP as well. Go Ooka my Dooka.

This is just another attempt to appease the masses, and a slap in the face to the real pvp'ers. You know the ones who worked their !@# off to try to get gear with Resilience that their taking away.

1 - You have no foundation for stating a queue time for PVP would cost you 20-30 minutes as these changes do not exist yet. Also, if you do not queue dungeons with a premade group, isn't it safe to assume you wouldn't be queueing PvP with one? Thus, your argument is null and void because a solo-queued player will likely feel no difference. If anything, there's actually a strong liklihood that the solo randomer will find an increase in speed. But I have no idea if that's factual until we get to test.

2 - Welcome to reality - Blizzard is a BUSINESS. They didn't get WoW where it is today by appeasing the minority. "The masses" ARE the game. You wouldn't have one to play without "them" (i.e. YOU, too). Learn to panic less over things you haven't yet experienced for yourself and please try to understand - you are not elite. You are not special. You are just an account. And you do not represent the "real pvp'ers" of the game.
Edited by Lovehandel on 4/5/2013 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/05/2013 12:35 AMPosted by Djaxi

So long as I can que with a buddy or a handful of guildies (without having to deal with extended que times) I don't really care what happens. I only twink. I could care less about end game problems :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I fully support premades, but stomping in randoms is no fun and never will be.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Where is this game? I would like to try and gank people on it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]