5.3 Non Rated Pre Made Group Q PvP Request

90 Blood Elf Priest
Give us RBGs without the rated part. Give us wargames against a random opposing team. Give us *something* that will allow us to play as a premade against other premades without having to worry about specific comps, rating discrepancies, etc.

I can pug stomp all by myself. I don't need premades for that. I just want premades so I can play with a large group of my friends.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
You almost made it an entire paragraph without an insult :P
It's not an insult it's the truth. Blizzard is clearly prioritizing catering to the loudest complainers vs doing what's best (often two very different things). No need to sugarcoat what is painfully obvious.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
04/05/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Infestyx
Linax I would be willing to bet even non-rated RBGs would require certain comps. Why? Because unlike randoms they know for sure that they will face another group (this would essentially be premade vs premade). Thus the norm would be very much like RBGs, with perhaps slightly lower standards for gear.

Isn't that almost enough though? To go and play with friends not put whatever rating you have on the line to do so and help them learn the methods and group interplay that occurs in RBG's?

I mean...here is an example. College buddy just got back into playing wow and is almost 90. Do I queue with him in randoms to help him gear? Sure, why not? Do I queue with his 0 CR in RBG's? Likely not. I have friends in the 1800 brackets that come play with me on alts all the time..but their mains are for their set teams. I don't blame them one bit!

I fully support premades, but stomping in randoms is no fun and never will be.

And this is also one of my main points. I love going into AV with 30 people and defending summoning the Ice Lord and calling up the wolf riders...getting bats in the mid field to harass Alliance. It's an EPIC battle ground. None of those things are possible without bringing a bunch of your friends to get them done...and then it's not as fun as it COULD be...if the alliance were 30+ in the BG as well.

I would love a place for well geared people to match up against each other with a relative reward for time invested. That's the bottom line...without it being about ratings. Ratings mess with people's heads when it comes to PvP because it IS what matters. Blizz has made it bots/afk's/bads/pugs and Rated...no middle ground. I am asking for the middle ground where groups of friends can square off.

War games will never be that. There is NO reward except for HK's and chest thumping.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I fully support premades, but stomping in randoms is no fun and never will be.
Going in as a random and stomping randoms is fun. :P

War games will never be that. There is NO reward except for HK's and chest thumping.
Wait what? I never got honor in those games and wasn't even capped. D:
Edited by Mauklindaufe on 4/5/2013 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Bump!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Isn't that almost enough though? To go and play with friends not put whatever rating you have on the line to do so and help them learn the methods and group interplay that occurs in RBG's?
You have to understand the psychology of the PvP player. Everyone is always looking for an edge (human nature). If your idea were implemented the standards for organizing a group would practically mirror RBGs in respect to gear, comp, and probably a lot of groups would even start asking for ratings. Thus it would be for all intents & purposes a low MMR RBG.

I absolutely agree that there should be some middle choice between BGs and RBGs, I just don't think that a premade vs premade queue is that new alternative.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I do not believe premade vs premade queue would effectively work because it will have problems that contradicts the entire point of making the choice to do premades instead of rbgs.

If you know you are facing a premade you will have to:

a) Care about your comp. One of the reasons why most premades can't just go into rbgs
b) Gear is an issue.
c) Lower rated players will continue to suffer. A lot of people like to say "oh people just queue premades because they can't win otherwise" which is kind of obnoxious to me but suppose that was even true, wouldn't it be terrible to stop them from queuing together if they aren't good enough? And people have the audacity to call me an elitist... riiight

In the end, I feel that participation will plummet as a result of these issues because the top players/well geared/serious comps will destroy the lesser rated players/people trying to gear/people who don't care about having a real rbg comp and therefore the latter will have no reason to queue.

No it is not a perfect system that but the proposed "solutions" would only make it worse.
Edited by Zod on 4/6/2013 4:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Tauren Druid
All these 5.3 PVP changes seem to be rushed and without much thought, even less than usual. The system may not be ideal for everyone now, but it's not broken, either. Not sure what their hurry is to force these big changes all at once. Gradual fixes and updates seem to be a better way to try things than what I'm seeing in 5.3 with the gear and queue changes. I'll be voting with my pocketbook and not renewing if they screw it up to the point to where the fun is gone.

Problem is, all these changes seem to benefit the casual PvE player by making it as easy as possible for them to be competitive in PvP. Considering that you can easily get a full set of honor gear in less than a week as it is, I'm a little surprised Blizzard feels that it has to be even easier. PVP players are the minority and don't complain as much, at least based on the participation in this thread. No surprise that people who mostly PVP are getting screwed by this.

Linax, I like the idea of non-rated premades of some sort. Too bad there aren't enough of us interested to make it a reality. Just look at how dumbed down AV has become over the years, to cater to those not interested in actual PvP. It's practically a PvE instance for most, with the majority of people who aren't bots going out of their way to avoid anyone of the opposite faction:-(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Req
Can the carebears please leave and go play some Hello Kitty Online, and leave the PvP to us?
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
04/05/2013 12:35 AMPosted by Djaxi
I'm sure you can, it's just more fun to assume the sky is falling.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
04/05/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Esclamayshun
You almost made it an entire paragraph without an insult :P

Or politici- oops... nevermind. Required an edit to fill the quota I see.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]