Looking for Warlock Mentor! [A or H-RP]

25 Human Warlock
Hello everyone. I'll begin with some OOC backstory. I recently decided to try out US servers to see what RP is like around here, I was also interested in starting fresh with nothing to lean back on. It's been enjoyable, even if I haven't gotten much RP done yet. My main from the European servers is a Warlock as well, but I've recently been interested in RPing a less experienced Warlock. That's why I created Alrath as it is.

So the title practically says it all, I'm looking for a Warlock who would be interested in having an apprentice and RPing as a mentor for my character. I don't want to get too picky about it, but there will be some standard guidelines I'd like to be followed if you're interested in this. They shouldn't be too hard to fulfill.

As the Mentor...
- You're expected to have basic knowledge of lore, magic and demons as well as other relevant stuff. I think this pretty much speaks for itself, but I do want to mention that I realize magic and such isn't a fully fleshed out concept by Blizzard and player perspective or the RPG books does usually make as a fine substitute, at least by my standards. What isn't fine is claiming that fel magic for example is about thunder and ice when it isn't.

- You're allowed to be of any race/alignment roughly. Alrath himself will be neutral, but your influence, for better or worse will affect him as a person most likely. Sadly, I'll have to exclude the more obvious evil characters. If your character is a genocidal warlock psychopath, mine most likely wouldn't seek him/her out for their own safety. Manipulation and subtlety is heartily encouraged, but so is a more friendly approach or even neutrality. We can discuss the terms of the tutoring more in game.

General Information
- It would be great if we could share our Skype with each other. That way you'll be able to contact me even while I'm not online on Wow. Other methods of contact might work too. Keep in mind that I play on European servers still, but usually, I should be willing to RP if you poke me.

- I live in Sweden, which means that there is a 7 hour time difference between my time and the realm. For example, I wrote this at 4 AM here, which was 9 PM realm time. I'm okay with pulling all nighters for RP, but I'd rather not make it a habit. We can discuss time more later, I feel that might be a necessity if we want to schedule some RP.

That covers all the points I could think of so far. If you're interested, mail me in game or prod me here. If you have a question, feel free to ask it here and I'll try to check the forums regularly. Since it's rather late, I wouldn't blame myself if I forgot to mention something obvious.
Edited by Alrath on 4/5/2013 7:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Talked to you the other day. Good luck in getting a mentor!))
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Druid
I would look for a guy named Cladirah in the league of Lordaeron. He may be able to help you out.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Cladriah Felweaver here. I can help you. Cladriah's forte happens to be demonology, but he does have knowledge in the other fields as well. Cladriah does take apprentices. Although, for demon summoning. He's going to make you learn how to summon the demons the hard way. Also I'm on the west coast so I am about 2 hours before realm time. Also for Cladriahs alignment. He is one of the few warlocks who managed to be very open about who he is, and avoid trouble to a point a Cenarion druid calls him friend even knowing what he does for a living.

Also we do have a warlock organization here called the Veiled Eye, which Cladriah was and still is a founding member of.

I will use an example. For Clad's apprentice. He made the student go out and get reagent and the book needed for the ritual. Although, Cladriah already has the needed material beforehand. He neglected to tell the apprentice of that fact because he believes it builds work ethic for the warlock.
Edited by Cladriah on 4/4/2013 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warlock
My Dwarf can help as well even if you decide on someone else to teach Alrath. Her alignment is rather fluid...so while she does do a lot of shady business, she's not the type to massacre a village or eat children.

Ailde attends the Veiled Eye meetings, as Cladriah mentioned in his post (they happen on Sundays. I have to get back into attending--been busy on my end ><.) Its a great place to meet others. Ailde goes with her mentor. So if you see us, don't be afraid to say hi :).
Reply Quote
25 Human Warlock
Thank you both for the quick answers, I'm pleasantly surprised that went so quickly. I'll try to poke everyone I can in game. I'll also try to attend the meeting, it's a bit difficult as it's at 5 AM for me but shouldn't be impossible with some coffee. Meanwhile, don't feel discouraged to step forward, it's nice to get to talk with different warlocks on the server, even if it doesn't lead to a mentor.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
she's not the type to massacre a village or eat children.

b.b...but massacring a village and eating children is fun. /whiny kid voice
Edited by Cladriah on 4/5/2013 1:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Limiting yourself to solely Allaince are we?

If you are unwilling to learn from your enemies and have an appreciation for their...funny little ways, then perhaps the Dark Arts is not the path you should be walking.

You can trying hunting.
I'm told it's easy.
Reply Quote
25 Human Warlock
Limiting yourself to solely Allaince are we?

If you are unwilling to learn from your enemies and have an appreciation for their...funny little ways, then perhaps the Dark Arts is not the path you should be walking.

You can trying hunting.
I'm told it's easy.

I'll learn from my enemies when I'm torching them. Erh.. When I actually know how to torch them. Which I don't. Yet. Yeah, I don't really feel much like a threat either, maybe I should roll a hunter.

On a more serious note, I was actually considering giving Horde a try too, it's not an idea I haven't thought about. Cross-faction seems like a bother, but being a Horde Warlock might work too, really. It's mostly that I haven't RPed Horde in a long time and last time I did, it seemed rather Guild exclusive in it's RP, might not be the case here on Moon Guard of course.
Reply Quote
There's always cross-faction RP done through le BattleTag, if you're into that kinda thing.

I'd help you but my warlock is a) Horde and b) level 1 lolololol. AHEM.

Good luck though!
Reply Quote
The Veiled Eye meeting I believe will change your mind about cross faction RP. We don't usually do much else CF during the rest of the week so it's a pleasant change of pace to speak with those members of the Horde, especially when most Warlocks take the approach of "Learn all that I can for my own application" mentality seems to be the norm. That's what I enjoy most about our class, expansion of our own knowledge and power supersedes loyalty to our faction.
Reply Quote
25 Human Warlock
The Veiled Eye meeting I believe will change your mind about cross faction RP. We don't usually do much else CF during the rest of the week so it's a pleasant change of pace to speak with those members of the Horde, especially when most Warlocks take the approach of "Learn all that I can for my own application" mentality seems to be the norm. That's what I enjoy most about our class, expansion of our own knowledge and power supersedes loyalty to our faction.

I'm looking forward to that meeting and I don't actually think Cross faction RP is a bother in itself. I more meant that having a mentor that is on the opposite faction seems like it would limit accessibility by quite a bit. That's why I decided to limit selection to my own faction, because that suddenly gives a lot more opportunities for RP instead of having to meet in some seclusive cave or a neutral city every time, both which might not be so accessible to me due to levels just yet.

I suppose it also limits RP in the way that I can't meet up with my mentor in any other places, both for secret or not so secret purposes. Which is the RP I think I'd enjoy as well. That said, I'm not against the idea of trying this on Horde side either, so anyone whose interested despite the [A-RP] tag can apply as well.

EDIT: Decided to change the tag on the thread for those purposes. Expanding might not be such a bad idea in the end.
Edited by Alrath on 4/5/2013 7:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Clad and Nixy are awesome, as are the rest of the Veiled. :3
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
We do so enjoy new blood.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
We do so enjoy new blood.

Yea, don't be negitive, I'm sure your just our type. We've got alot going on under the surface.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warlock
04/04/2013 09:21 PMPosted by Cladriah
she's not the type to massacre a village or eat children.

b.b...but massacring a village and eating children is fun. /whiny kid voice

Okay, fine.

Blood Elves are just so lean.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]