T14 4 Piece (Holy)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Should I make an attempt to go get it? I mean, I feel like it would be nice but is it worth dropping to 496 from a 522 (chest) for it? I am not sure.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There are some people around here saying that you shouldn't break t14 4pc until you get t15 4pc... take that with a grain of salt, I personally can't comment on whether or not that's accurate. But, I'm sure someone will be along shortly (eventually ;x) to drop the math on dat @ss.

Have you checked EJ? I'd imagine that you could find something there to eliminate all guesswork.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Go get your 4pc t14 for sure. that 4pc is not worth dropping until you get 4 522+ items to replace it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
There are some people around here saying that you shouldn't break t14 4pc until you get t15 4pc... take that with a grain of salt, I personally can't comment on whether or not that's accurate. But, I'm sure someone will be along shortly (eventually ;x) to drop the math on dat @ss.

Have you checked EJ? I'd imagine that you could find something there to eliminate all guesswork.

Unfortunately, there is not currently a dedicated Holy expert. Ret and Tank, yeah. But you won't find any greater amount of data on EJ for a pally healer than you can find in this forum.

Anyways, T-14 is incredibly powerful, and T-15 is not. With the increased drop rate on older LFR's (be sure to get some Elder Tokens to help out by snagging chests in the Treasure Scenario), you should have a decent chance at finding gloves and leggings for T-14 (keep the chest as offpiece, since it's your highest iLevel item).

T-14 > T-15 522ilevel four piece > No set bonus.

T-14 is about 8-10% throughput, varied per Holy Shock usage. You also gain a lot of mana efficiency and mobility. T-15 is only desirable on fights where you need stacked raid healing and your throughput can't manage. All else, it's only about 2-3% throughput increase. Choosing T-15 over T-14 is like choosing SS over EF, or HA over DP. It's a complete loss of HPS and is only helpful to counter one specific type of incoming damage... and you'd still be better off just reforging out of Spirit and into other stats if that's the case.

One caveat: Since healadins are still using T-14, Blizzard may end up nerfing it (now that it's not competing with PvP 4-set) or else buff T-15, so don't pass up on opportunities to snag some tier tokens.
Edited by Wards on 4/5/2013 9:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
T-14 > T-15 522ilevel four piece > No set bonus.

Is that talking about LFR T14? or Normal T14?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Ehn. Normal for sure. 483 to 522... is still a bit chancy. It's a LOT of itemization lost, but seriously. The 4 piece bonus from T-14 is just that good. In that case, swapping from T-14 to T-15 might break even--it depends upon how well one is able to manage either the 4 second cooldown from T-14 versus playing smart with beacon transfer with T-15. If you can do one better than the other, or if your raid role/playstyle encourages it...

Although, wearing 522 will definitely increase your stamina, and more health is a raid is a definite perk. So yeah, if you're going from 483 to 522 across the board, go ahead and make the change. Better yet, experiment with both (unfortunately for healers, there's no happy rotation or strict gearing guide like DPS, since we have to change what we do on a per-fight basis).

I'd have to do some number crunching to find out for sure what the comparison is.
Edited by Wards on 4/6/2013 9:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
On top of any ~ optimal ~ throughput .... the T-114 is incredibly more forgiving to players like myself who can struggle with the hand eye dexterity and reaction speed needed to move around out of harms way etc.

Wards mentioned the benefits of mobility but I just wanted to reiterate that and speculate that the advantage of the T-14 over the t-15 for the lowest 20% skilled aspiring raiders is dramatic indeed. (and, in all reality, I'd put myself there....once I know fights from doing them repeatedly I'm not much different than that the 50% rs but it takes me 4 or 5 kills to get there... in LFR I'm in the TOP 30% but that's LFR lol .... and yeah I'm one of the few honest guys... but I am a far above average dirver in RL like 90% of the people believe).

Personally..... if Blizzard wants to try to be inclusive without completely nerfing content things like the holy shock bonus was a great way to do it. Something that doesn't improve throughput for people who do things right, but help less coordinated eye hand, slower twitch players move from 65% throughput to near 80 % (only the top 1% of players would approach 100%... the top 20% of players probably get to low 90's wouldn't you guess).

So, TLDR.. guess I need to find heroic T-14 runs in their nerfed form to get gear that might help me have a chance to keep normal mode Throne runs up given my gaming reaction abilities. If I were any good my 490 stuff would be enough I'd guess lol.

(btw... I have the LFR Chest and LFR leg token's in my bag. That could have been a lot more exiting if they were remotely worth using over my hodge podge sha drop and lfr t-14 4 set) . two useless LFR drops. I guess that's more fun than no drop at all but they know that it keeps people encouraged to try more when they feel like they're progressing.

On top of that chest token that I won't use I also looted another Thrones LFR chest. What purpose that serves is beyond me....why drop pieces in the raid that are for tier slots when tier slots are only 5 of 16 ? )
Edited by Touchyone on 4/7/2013 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]