Dragon Age Origns

90 Blood Elf Warlock
Story I didn't care about what was going on at all, the constant interruptions where its the one girl and the dwarf were always bothersome. I don't know who that girl is or why she is so angry and why she is questioning the dwarf when no explanation has been given for any of it.

Beat the game and find out. They explain it at the start anyway. She's a Seeker of the Chantry who wants to find Hawke. Since he/she was around when the mage rebellion happened. So she thinks he/she could be of some assistance.
Edited by Rosenivy on 4/8/2013 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Mechanically, it was superior to the first.
Gameplay itself was superior to the first.
Story wise, it was superior to the first.

Mechanically and gameplay wise, meh. DA2 is more action based, while DAO is more tactical. You can turn DA2 into a more tactical game if you up the difficulty, but I found DAO to still be a bit harder. One good thing was how they handled the romances this time around, I actually liked that. The dialogue wheel could use a bit of work, mostly because the answers don't really match what Hawke is saying sometimes. I do like it though compared to the first. Combat was rather smooth. But yeah, the recycled maps and the fact that there's apparently 1000's of bandits in the city kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Storywise, it was okay until the last chapter, and that's basically where it fell apart and pigeoned you into choosing a side. See, if I was Hawke, I'd throw up my hands and say '!@#$ this crap, I'm outta here!' Not to mention, the bastardization of Anders really pissed me off, because I found him really funny in Awakening, but the last chapter, I wanted to muzzle him. And I am totally pro-mage and I love playing a mage in the DA universe.

I also like how some characters are friends kinda off screen or how they interact more. In the first, it's rare, and most of the time, it's just one character throwing a remark in.

DA2 is a mixed bag, and I still prefer the first over the second. But it doesn't deserve the hate it gets. And this is someone who has played DA2 all the way through and the few DLC.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

Story I didn't care about what was going on at all, the constant interruptions where its the one girl and the dwarf were always bothersome. I don't know who that girl is or why she is so angry and why she is questioning the dwarf when no explanation has been given for any of it.

Seriously? There are no words.

Well, actually there are, but they're pure ridicule. I suspect troll post, but we'll move on...

I preferred gameplay in the second game. DA:O was a bit clunky and would have been much better off with strict turn-based gameplay, instead of the awkward hybrid system it had.

As for graphics, well, the PC looks better (of course), but they weren't bad on the 360. The real advantage the PC had was control. Just too many abilities for the limited input options the controller had.

I pretty much never troll if at all.

04/08/2013 05:48 PMPosted by Rosenivy

Beat the game and find out. They explain it at the start anyway. She's a Seeker of the Chantry who wants to find Hawke. Since he/she was around when the mage rebellion happened. So she thinks he/she could be of some assistance.

Maybe it does kind of explain it at the start but going off of what you described still doesn't make me care about it. Its been like a year or two, whenever it came out since I played it since i got it when it first came out. Didn't like the combat almost at all.

My girlfriend enjoyed it a lot and she has tried to get me to play it again and i have tried but i never cared about the game.

Edit: I am not sure if he/she remembers but when i was discussing the walking dead season 2 in the thread Rosenivy may remember that I seemed to have some disagreements with everyone else in regards to the characters and how we all felt about them and such. It has nothing to do trying to be contrary or anything, at least not on a conscious level. Its been a while since i Played like I said so i dont quite remember all the details i just remember the reasons why i think i didn't care for the game.
Edited by Hiroran on 4/8/2013 6:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
What version, in your opinion, is better? As in easier to control, handle, play? i know some games do not translate very well to consoles and to PC. Either of them clunky?

Content wise, DA2 is awful compared to it's predecessor. It was horrifically dummied-down for the console market.
Edited by Corahn on 4/8/2013 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I actually preferred DA2 to DAO. DAO was a cliche Saturday morning cartoon story, the combat was atrocious, and the characters were definitely inferior to DA2. I will give it the scale and varied environments, as DA2 definitely lacked there, but on the whole I found DA2 to be a more mature story with better characters and infinitely better controls.

But I'm the minority.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I actually preferred DA2 to DAO. DAO was a cliche Saturday morning cartoon story, the combat was atrocious, and the characters were definitely inferior to DA2. I will give it the scale and varied environments, as DA2 definitely lacked there, but on the whole I found DA2 to be a more mature story with better characters and infinitely better controls.

But I'm the minority.

Meh. They're both good but for different reasons. And most players agree that the games are swapped in terms of either story or gameplay.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

The ME series is still far better than DA, and I loved me DA.

Yes, that includes the ME3 ending

No way! DA is better, DAO is one of the best RPGs ever made! ;-) Let's just hope they won't mess DA 3.... DA 2 was... not much...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]