Show Zone Map

1 Human Hunter
I set it to only show in BGs but when I leave BG it stays on my screan. If I close it, then it resets my choice of having it show in BGs and I have to go back in and choose that again. Anyone else have that issue? Anyone have a fix?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
shift + m is the default keybind to toggle the small transparent mini map on and off.
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
Is there a way to get it to work as intended?
Reply Quote
Is there a way to get it to work as intended?

yup, Shift + m
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Actually it is working the way they intended, the code intentionally resets your setting when you hide it, but it's stupid regardless. That problem has been with WoW for at least 5 years.

My solution was to find a permanent place for it, and make it always show.
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
04/05/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Jihadjim
Actually it is working the way they intended

So, "show only in Battlegrounds" means "Show only in Battlegrounds and then keep showing it outside of Battlegrounds after that."?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/06/2013 07:55 AMPosted by Needfriend

So, "show only in Battlegrounds" means "Show only in Battlegrounds and then keep showing it outside of Battlegrounds after that."?

who cares. it takes half a second to press shift m when you want it on/off. this is hardly something to keep posting about.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
My map doesnt show anymore no matter what I do. Shift-m doesnt work, nor does clicking the button on the eye. Im getting used to just opening the map but it gets quite annoying
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
04/06/2013 07:55 AMPosted by Needfriend

According to the intentional way the code is written to handle it, and the fact they refused to change it in over 5 years of it working that way, yes. Doesn't mean it isn't stupid. And don't forget the part where manually turning it off means you never want it to automatically show again.

All they would need to do is remove a few lines of code to fix both those problems, but those lines were intentionally added for some reason.

I have a custom addon I made to bypass all this crap and force it to always show, and also modify and enhance it in various ways. Being somebody else finally complained about it, I might convert it to something that will fix the stupid way Blizzard handles it, and allow the user to choose how/when it is shown. But I would need time and the motivation to actually bother doing it. Currently I'm not thrilled with the way Blizzard is handling many things I care about, so the motivation to play or even bother writing more code is pretty low at this point, but I'll see what I can do in the next few weeks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]