Tired of other Side Having More Healers...

90 Gnome Monk
... and then our team (or some of them) giving up without trying.

Seriously, just do your best. If nothing else, work on your PvP skills (or in my case the lack thereof).

At the very least WAIT to see how bad it is, maybe you'll be surprised.

Also, on a side note, been away from forums for a little, where is the latest PvP pals thread?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The current plan for 5.3 is to have healer numbers balanced to within 1 for both sides.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Huh.

Well, that will be interesting. Wonder how bad queue times will get for the DPS folks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
where is the latest PvP pals thread?

deleted :c
I agree, I can personally take 2-3 healers out of the fight for a few seconds. Any kind of dps that can CC without being a mongoloid will even it out unless it's 3-4 healers versus your none. I mean Eisenhorne will solo heal our group easily while the rest of the group CC's
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Well, that will be interesting. Wonder how bad queue times will get for the DPS folks.

It's supposed to not make them worse due to the nonexact matching system they are using. And queueing as a healer won't get you a faster queue than a dps.

I suggest checking on the senior PVP designer's Twitter page daily for actual PVP information.
Soooo much more informative than forums. (And it's actually true).
He answers a TON of PVP questions every day.

https://twitter.com/holinka
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The only thing I hate more then people who give up due to healers, are people who delete our happy fun time pvp pal threads.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Balancing heals won't fix stupid & the bads will find another excuse.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Healers don't win BG's, gear does. I haven't seen any correlation between # of healers and win rate. This myth probably started because you can't see your opponent's gear, so something else has to be blamed and that is the number of healers. Plus there's the "I suck at DPS so we can't kill their healers boohoo oh wait they have more healers no fair" aspect.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Healers don't win BG's, gear does. I haven't seen any correlation between # of healers and win rate. This myth probably started because you can't see your opponent's gear, so something else has to be blamed and that is the number of healers. Plus there's the "I suck at DPS so we can't kill their healers boohoo oh wait they have more healers no fair" aspect.

The original post is like 4 lines long how did you not read it
Reply Quote
1 Undead Rogue
Healers don't win BG's, gear does. I haven't seen any correlation between # of healers and win rate

lol, who are you trying to deceive? because anyone that has ever played a random bg can assess the contrary
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Did the PvP part of the Wraithion questline on another char the other day....

First game of Kotmogu, Horde had 3 healers and we had none, result was a complete beatdown with Horde winning in no time.

Second game in Kotmogu, we had good healing and they didn't, resulting in an extremely easy win. Same thing in Mines, we had 4 healers and they had 1, another easy win for us.

Granted it was only three total games, but it ALL came down to healing.
Edited by Ponk on 4/6/2013 12:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I haven't seen any correlation between # of healers and win rate
It's a weak correlation at best.

04/05/2013 10:06 PMPosted by Weepea
Healers don't win BG's, gear does.
I haven't seen much of a correlation between gear & winning either. Having heals helps. Having a better geared team helps. Outplaying the other team helps a LOT more than both. That's the correlation that matters.

. This myth probably started because you can't see your opponent's gear
You can see their health which gives you a pretty good idea of their gear.

Extremely small sample size and thus not very informative. I have won countless BGs with less healers and I'm sure lost a fair amount with more healers.
Edited by Infestyx on 4/6/2013 4:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
As a healer, I'd much rather be the only healer on my team as opposed to having 3, 4 or even 5. In the latter cases, my team will not have enough DPS to complete objectives to garner a win. Also, there are a lot of bad healers out there that are very easy to kill; we focus on the weak ones first and move on to the next one from there. I am usually filled with glee when I zone into a map and see 4-5 heals on the opposing side. That means less damage for me to heal and I can focus on helping cc those healers while my team bursts them down one by one. In the rare cases when those 4-5 healers stay in their little packs, me and my friends just run off to a different objective and take that. I've won many, many games against teams with more healers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Kimchi: The day I begin listening to what developers say on this game is the day Ghostcrawler actually knows what Mirror Image does for mages.

He doesn't. But he'll act like he does. Don't you worry about that.

The single most important factor in random BGs is communication and teamwork. Putting the players where they need to be, in general, is the core of that.

After that, comes overall ilvl vs overall ilvl.

Then comes skill of the individuals.

(These two points are close and often times interchangeable. It depends on the degree.) ^

ONLY after those three things does comp begin to matter. In general, I don't even like healing in BGs because I cannot HEAL our team into a win. A bunch of players not trying will not be rallied by a ton of heals. They won't suddenly peel for me and get kills out of appreciation for a healer desperately trying to keep them alive.

They'll lose and whine about something besides a lack of heals, while I have 3 times the healing of the next best healer and nothing to show for it.

On a DPS, I can force things to happen. Kill FCs, maybe get a quick cap. Anything to turn the momentum of the game and maybe get my team to focus.

This is a bad change, because no matter what anyone says (Including Blues) it's going to A) Negatively impact queue times or B) Accomplish nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Did the PvP part of the Wraithion questline on another char the other day....

First game of Kotmogu, Horde had 3 healers and we had none, result was a complete beatdown with Horde winning in no time.

Second game in Kotmogu, we had good healing and they didn't, resulting in an extremely easy win. Same thing in Mines, we had 4 healers and they had 1, another easy win for us.

I look forward to seeing what everyone's new excuse for their losses is going to be when 5.3 comes and everyone has the same # of healers within one healer. My money is on, "Well they had ONE more healer than us, this sucks! Screw blizzard and their queue system."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
90% of the ops total posts are whining about healers and he is one.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The current plan for 5.3 is to have healer numbers balanced to within 1 for both sides

Are you serious? ONE HEALER? ONE? That is a load of crap! For CtF type games, that means no one will be able to heal offense because your healer will be healing the FC most likely. Then all it takes it CC/silence said healer and it's gg.

Seriously Blizzard, start playing your game for once.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Katlei, you need to work on your reading comprehension.

I'll hug you when you figure it out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Katlei, you need to work on your reading comprehension.

I'll hug you when you figure it out.

Yeah he really has no idea what he read, and his response made no sense. One confused individual.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Would be better just to not make healers be the end all be all of winning.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]