Name flagged after xfer/faction change

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I recently faction changed and server transfered, after which I got the name Cliptis, after logging in today I was flagged for a name change, Id like to know why I was flagged for a name change AFTER your naming policy/convention showed it as available and let me use it AFTER I was on my destination server, this is not the typical account transfer leading to a name being reserved by the original account issue, or atleast it doesnt seem the same to me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
happened to me 2 weeks ago when I transfered one of my characters to alliance on a different realm
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Ditto.

Jumpshot is a very offensive name.

Na, give blizz a call.
Wait 20 minutes on hold.
Let them know what's up.
They can unblock you without you needing to name change.
Edited by Jumpshot on 4/9/2013 7:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Funny thing I just did this, went from ally to horde and different server and looks like MAYA is an offensive name, now I wonder why many people name their daughters Maya, thing I have plan to do if I ever have a baby girl, also 225 characters with that name and mine is bad. Great... not! >.<
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
this happened to me as well with my paladin guess i shoulda called blizz lol... i know the name is unique to the server because the only other character with the name in the game is my 85 paladin
Reply Quote
60 Undead Warrior
This is a known bug if you look at the customer service forums...I believe all you need to do is post there or file an in game ticket.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]