Anyone Play Guild Wars 2? Way different feel

28 Undead Priest
GW2 is fine until level 80. Then it is bad.

Cheers.
This.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
The thing about GW2s Endgame is that its about PVP and Vanity, not a constant gear grind like WOW. Your Exotics arent going to be useless in 6 months like this game. You work for the gear you want and more importantly that Ive seen, the Money to create the Look you want to separate yourself from everyone else.

The legendaries are all extremely expensive and look far better (along with the armor for that matter) than anything you will ever find in this game.

You have to realize its a completely different experience than Wow. Endgame is what you make of it.

EDIT: Heres a SS of my War with T3 armor and Volcanus http://imgur.com/29SKx0y
Edited by Kaiiza on 4/12/2013 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The thing about GW2s Endgame is that its about PVP and Vanity, not a constant gear grind like WOW. Your Exotics arent going to be useless in 6 months like this game. You work for the gear you want and more importantly that Ive seen, the Money to create the Look you want to separate yourself from everyone else.

The legendaries are all extremely expensive and look far better (along with the armor for that matter) than anything you will ever find in this game.

You have to realize its a completely different experience than Wow. Endgame is what you make of it.

that looks like crap. gear grind is replaced with vanity grind and if you don't grind for vanity you got sweet FA to do apart from Super Mario Stupid puzzles (grown men playing platforming games in an mmo is embarrassing)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman

that looks like crap. gear grind is replaced with vanity grind and if you don't grind for vanity you got sweet FA to do apart from Super Mario Stupid puzzles (grown men playing platforming games in an mmo is embarrassing)

Whats wrong with platformers? The answer is nothing.

Also the "end game" of the game is just the entire game. You don't grind to the top level just to unlock the awesome things in the game, like you do in most mmo's. You just play and enjoy the game.

Edit: Nevermind I forgot who I was responding to, the biggest gw2 troll of all time.
Edited by Taluun on 4/13/2013 7:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
GW2 got pretty old fast.

The Dungeons are unfun and have zero incentive to do them for how much they demmand of you.

No zone storytelling whatsoever-Lots of nicely written events, but I still have no real sense of a plot-The Personal story started out great for Charr, then got slowly and steadily progressively worse, untill it got to the point where it wasn't your own personal story anymore.

I just want my Warband back....
Reply Quote
GW2 problem which they would be loathe to admit is that the end game PvE lacks depth. The problem with 'accessibility' is that it hurts depth.

That is to say they can't have fights that count on players of specific classes needing to do specific things and specific times in order to complete an encounter. It all has to work for any mix of any classes all the time. This is because there are no roles.

A good group is like a bunch of really skilled DPSers in WoW. If you notice in most fights in WoW its always the tank has to stand here and go here and do x y z. And the DPS has to avoid this and yet do X amount of DPS - and the healers have to heal this amount of burst damage while avoiding such and such mob and so on.

The reason why this is such a damning problem for GW2 is that this doesn't mean you can't min-max the system. Some combos are better then others - some builds are better. Some people can even use specific combos and the like to do better. The rub is that because the game designers can't COUNT on this - the PVE design suffers. GW2 has some complexitity but its subtle enough that its never really designed around. WoW is so straightforward that little kids get the strategy.

GW2 designers spent alot of energy figuring out all the bad things the class roles did to a game. But they never really thought enough about all the good they bring.

I'd still recommend the game though - its such a tremendous value if you have some free time in your life. It runs well, has good art, good music, its fun to explore. But you will grow bored of it relatively quickly because of the lack of depth..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]