Vanguard Plate set

90 Draenei Death Knight
Does anyone know good areas to try to farm for this gear? I checked out wowhead but there was a lot of conflicting information there. With MOP it seems some of the mob lvls have changed a bit. The sad thing is, most players who come across these pieces probably just vendor them b/c they are green, not even realizing folks are farming for them.

Any help/hints would be appreciated!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The auction house.

The Vanguard set pieces are world drop BoEs with a low drop rate even among other world drop BoEs, and a small level window of mobs that drop them, especially since the Cata revamp of the old world. Winterspring and Silithus are your best bets to try and farm them, but "best" is extremely relative in this case.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Thanks Sharkon, I was afraid of that. As much as I would love to have the set, it's very hard to just farm something like that for hours. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the AH but I'm afraid most ppl dont even know what they are vendoring.... ;).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I recall hearing how some folks farmed AQ40 and 20, dunno if it works or not though.
Reply Quote
2 Orc Rogue
Alcaz Island killing the Nagas. I got half a set of the vanguard while I was out farming for the Glorious set for my alt.

Granted this took me about a week, 3 hours a day. So keep that in mind.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Wish I could help you with the Vanguard Breastplate I hold here unequipped, I kept it on the safe because it looks cute, but I am not aiming at ever finishing it.
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Warrior
Wish I could help you with the Vanguard Breastplate I hold here unequipped, I kept it on the safe because it looks cute, but I am not aiming at ever finishing it.

*Holds hands out opening and closing cutely* Gimmie gimmie! ((Heh god I wish you could trade via CRZ.))
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Thanks Sharkon, I was afraid of that. As much as I would love to have the set, it's very hard to just farm something like that for hours. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the AH but I'm afraid most ppl dont even know what they are vendoring.... ;).

I hear ya. I was so relieved when a pair of Vanguard Legplates finally showed up on my underpopulated realm's auction house after a year or so that I dropped 30k on them for my pally. >.<

It's too bad you're not Horde; there's a Horde quest in Blade's Edge that offers a plate chest that's a copy of the Vangaurd chestpiece as a reward.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
If I could I would, got no use for it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Yeah I heard about the horde quest. Bummer, no fair! The chestpiece you have Alexius....i'm drooling. I have been farming AQ but evidently when they changed it to a 10, the respawn doesnt occur like it did on the 20 and thus, not as great for farming. I did go out to Alcaz Island yesterday but there were only like 20/25 things to kill and didn't get ANY greens at all, not to mention anything vanguardish. Someone actually has the bracers on the AH for about $4500 but since you dont actually see the bracers, bah, dont need those.

Guess I'll just keep farming in my free time. Thanks all for the advice.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I tried farming the "platekini" sets for many hours in AQ20/AQ40, Alcaz Island, Winterspring, Silithus and all I ever got was a bunch of glorious chest's and a glorious shield. I finally said screw it and transferred a couple toons with 50k each to a server that had the rest of the glorious set, bought it up and transferred back. I still check the ah from time to time on my server and have picked up 2 pairs of the vanguard legplates for like 10-20 gold each. You can go to wowuse.com and find out what server's have on their ah's.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I have that set sitting in my DK's bank. Haven't decided what to do with it yet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I teach you how cause Zalith is helpful and friend to all!

There is cave in Winterspring that has these mobs by portals, run in kill all of them till end, wait 1 min and do it again! They drop Vanguard Legplates and other things like Vanguard Vambracers and Vanguard Sabatons!

There is island in Dustwallow Marsh called Alcaz Island, this is where they Vanguard Breastplate drops but it is very rare just like all the other pieces! But you may wonder "Theres no mobs here!" thats because Theramore blew up and makes the mobs disappeared! To make them reappear there is a dragon lady in human form who takes ya back in time before Theramores fall, and than the mobs should appear at Alcaz Island, the mobs that drop Vanguard Breastplate are Strashaz Serpent Guard, Strashaz Hydra, and Strashaz Siren.

You may ask "How long does it take complete the whole set?". I tell you it took Zalith very long time! I farmed 12 hours a day everyday for 2 months and 7 days straight and sometimes its taken others even longer!

One thing ya can do is check auction house as much as possible for these items, than you can buy them! but... they may not be very cheap.

I must say tho, is that the Nether Protector's Chest has same graphic as the Vanguard Breastplate and can be obtained by a Horde quest in Blade's Edge Mountains.

Zalith wishes you much luck on obtaining such a transmog look, and its very rare and hard thing to complete, but with dedication and patience like a rock, one can do it!
Edited by Zalith on 4/9/2013 7:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Make an account at Undermine Journal and bookmark searches for the various pieces. Hopefully you'll get lucky.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
You may ask "How long does it take complete the whole set?". I tell you it took Zalith very long time! I farmed 12 hours a day everyday for 2 months and 7 days straight and sometimes its taken others even longer!

I'd go crazy if I did this. You have dedication!

I had 2 Vanguard pieces drop in Silithus. Unfortunately it was the headdress and gauntlets which no one seems to care about :)

My server currently has 1 of each piece except the legs listed. They're 10-18k each. Shield is 880g but meh.

Good luck, OP!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
OMG, so been farming Alcaz Island for past 7 hours. Breastplate just dropped!!!! WOOT!

I bought a waist on AH. Now just needs me some legs. Thanks for all the info. I'm heading to Winterspring in hopes of getting the legs to drop. I have been drooling over this set ever since I saw another DK wearing it and she had the little manicle eye piece and greyish hair to match. It was a very hot look! You know us girls have to be fashionable!

Thanks again guys!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
There is cave in Winterspring that has these mobs by portals, run in kill all of them till end, wait 1 min and do it again! They drop Vanguard Legplates and other things like Vanguard Vambracers and Vanguard Sabatons!

I am not finding this cave Zalith. Not sure what you mean by portals. Anyone?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
04/09/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Dahlianah

It *might* be that cave with the yetis, that is close to Everlook. I think they popped a portal in that back of that cave, to make getting out easier. I have not been in there in a while though, so not entirely sure.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/09/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Dahlianah

Mazthoril, I believe. Below Lake Kel'theril.
Edited by Aeriza on 4/9/2013 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Mazthoril, I believe - there should be Dragonkin waddling around. Below Lake Kel'theril.

The dragonkin mobs have been gone since Cataclysm. Now the area outside the cave is infested with mutated critters than turn into mobs when aggroed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]