What are your jobs?

90 Undead Rogue
04/08/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Anstyce
Office drone who fears layoffs.

also writes fanfiction.

I'm a teenager that also writes fanfiction.
Besides that...
/shrug

"Welcome to the World Of Starving Artists."
/hug
/giggle
Edited by Cyndilou on 4/8/2013 3:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Besides that...
/shrug

/hug
/giggle

Really?
/confused
/return hug
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Aspiring musician. Drummer, to be exact.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

/hug
/giggle

Really?
/confused
/return hug

"It's a joke."
/wink
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

Really?
/confused
/return hug

"It's a joke."
/wink

Oh.
Guess I derped when I meant to have herped.
Reply Quote
I used to be software developer for Billing, Accounting, Customer Care, Refurbishment and Reservation systems...now after 20+ years, I just sit at a desk and manage User ID's, process Exception requests, server access for team roles, etc. In other words, in the last couple of months, I've become what I hate: A nitpicky <insert your favorite insult here> who sends requests back just because one little mostly irrelevant word is misspelled and once corrected THEN I can submit/approve the request. So I get paid bigger bucks and contribute less...yes I'm in a cynical mood today ;-) But I'm not complaining...it's a paycheck :-)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
"Welcome to the World Of Starving Artists."/hug/giggle

Lol *hugs back*
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

"What kind of drums do you play? I play Native Drums."
/smile
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
I used to be software developer for Billing, Accounting, Customer Care, Refurbishment and Reservation systems...now after 20+ years, I just sit at a desk and manage User ID's, process Exception requests, server access for team roles, etc. In other words, in the last couple of months, I've become what I hate: A nitpicky <insert your favorite insult here> who sends requests back just because one little mostly irrelevant word is misspelled and once corrected THEN I can submit/approve the request. So I get paid bigger bucks and contribute less...yes I'm in a cynical mood today ;-) But I'm not complaining...it's a paycheck :-)

Heh :) Yeah, if people think I'm nitpicky HERE, you should see my code reviews...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I'm trying to get into game development. It's a passion, it is. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about both the science and the art. I do have a fair bit of skill for someone without schooling, but I am definitely looking forward to classes.

This is why I went to school but found the business side of software development much more....."fun"......for some strange reason.

But, it wasn't meant to be for me and I'm pulling for you, I really am. Once you get in there, learn everything you can and never stop even after you graduate and find a job. Always keep going back to school to learn more and more, especially when new languages hit or change.

Man I wish I was never in that accident, I envy you, lol. Good luck and enjoy the time and NEVER STOP LEARNING.

EDIT: Sorry about carrying on like that, I just love hearing about people who want to better themselves.
Edited by Nebukenezzar on 4/8/2013 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm a stagehand (properties artisan).

I design and build (mostly build) props for the theatre. It's basically macaroni and glue projects all day, every day!
Reply Quote
37 Draenei Priest
Software development. I highly recommend the nerd-lifestyle, especially if you don't consider yourself a "people person" when it comes to your career.

You should apply for next season's King of the Nerds. Do it!

Cheers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
dishwasher :(

Yeah, me as well. I'm really a cook but since I'm the only one in the kitchen that isn't too proud to wash dishes, when hours get scarce I get thrown back in the dish pit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/08/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Cyndilou

Besides that...
/shrug

/hug
/giggle

Let the starving fuel you! As a now well-fed artist, I can tell you the years of starving is worth it to do what you love. : )
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
04/08/2013 03:49 PMPosted by Shadowbrit
Software development. I highly recommend the nerd-lifestyle, especially if you don't consider yourself a "people person" when it comes to your career.

You should apply for next season's King of the Nerds. Do it!

Cheers.

No time. Building Raspberry Pi laptop out of legos.
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Druid
I'm a middle schooler. Uhhhh
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Its nice to read these and see that people arent over exxagerating their professions. Its always annoying to read these and see people say things like

"Im an Astronaut and a Lawyer at the same time lolz"

You dont need to make up something that you do in order to make yourself feel better about playing this game. Its just a game.

AS for me, im a Chef. I work 9 months out of the year, vacation the other 3. I work in Yellowstone National Park, one of the most beautiful places in the world. Make really decent money too.

When im not there ive been known to vacation in Vegas, Chicago, Florida. This fall im planning a wedding and more than likely a cruise, or a Hawaian vacation.
Edited by Maluven on 4/8/2013 3:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
04/08/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Cyndilou

"What kind of drums do you play? I play Native Drums."
/smile

A 5-Piece kit. I got it for a deal, I had an electric kit and someone traded it to me for it. I like to think I got the better deal.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I serve ungrateful customers who think they can do my job better than me, and will !@#$% and moan if I'm not flawless at what I do, or I don't give them something they didn't ask for, when really I don't have to help them in the first place

...Blizzard Developer? What, no, I deliver pizza
Edited by Mayliene on 4/8/2013 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Cop
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]