What are your jobs?

79 Dwarf Warlock
<-- obvious basement dweller leeching off of mommy
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
"How long have you been playing, and have you ever played with Orchestra Drums/Percussion? Like Tiphany Drums, or Xylophones?"

I've actually only been playing a few years, I started learning late high school. I've always been into music but I'd only played Woodwinds before I started learning Drums. Although I much prefer drums now that I can play 'em :P
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid
04/08/2013 04:08 PMPosted by Snowfox
That doesn't stop half the office from taking a smoke break every 15 minutes. :P

Programmers are creative types, they WILL find a way to take breaks ;)

Relevant XKCD: http://xkcd.com/303/

I want to bring up this XKCD to the major in charge of my shop as an excuse for me to bring some Crown Royal to work.

http://xkcd.com/323/
Reply Quote
92 Human Paladin
Deputy Principal at a College.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest

Programmers are creative types, they WILL find a way to take breaks ;)

Relevant XKCD: http://xkcd.com/303/

I want to bring up this XKCD to the major in charge of my shop as an excuse for me to bring some Crown Royal to work.

http://xkcd.com/323/

Ha! I knew that'd be the Ballmer peak one! There's truth to it, too. Programming is weird.

The hardest part about it isn't the computer, the languages, or even other people - it's really about learning to reliably get into that mental state of flow. If you can do that on demand, you can do really -really- well with it... and yeah, after hours of that, it's like you have to logout back into the real world. I call that transition time "dumpshock"
Edited by Snowfox on 4/8/2013 4:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
04/08/2013 04:12 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
"How long have you been playing, and have you ever played with Orchestra Drums/Percussion? Like Tiphany Drums, or Xylophones?"

I've actually only been playing a few years, I started learning late high school. I've always been into music but I'd only played Woodwinds before I started learning Drums. Although I much prefer drums now that I can play 'em :P

"I love anything Percussion. I have even played a Bass or two in my life. Rhythms and Beats drive the world. They are the Heart Beat Of Life. And the Motivation Of Dance. IMHO."
/grin
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight

Yeah, and I am not sure that I can do anything 100% my own IE not fanfictions, actually my own universes.

"THAT may be where I can help you."

Heh, thanks, but I'll get there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I haven't worked since June 2012. Been on disability ever since.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Cop

quick everyone hide the drugs!

I bag at the local supermarket its boring
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid

Ha! I knew that'd be the Ballmer peak one! There's truth to it, too. Programming is weird.

The hardest part about it isn't the computer, the languages, or even other people - it's really about learning to reliably get into that mental state of flow. If you can do that on demand, you can do really -really- well with it... and yeah, after hours of that, it's like you have to logout back into the real world. I call that transition time "dumpshock"

My supervisor constantly has to remind me to take a lunch break because I get so caught up in what I'm doing. I suppose that's better than being reprimanded for being on reddit all day. :P
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue

"THAT may be where I can help you."

"I am talking about ways to pull your thoughts out and put them on paper. You already write quite well, so you don't really need much help there. I can help you with other things."
Reply Quote

"I am talking about ways to pull your thoughts out and put them on paper. You already write quite well, so you don't really need much help there. I can help you with other things."

Well, thank you :)
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
"I love anything Percussion. I have even played a Bass or two in my life. Rhythms and Beats drive the world. They are the Heart Beat Of Life. And the Motivation Of Dance. IMHO."
/grin

They say if you can drum, you can dance!

I'm a testament to the contrary.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest

My supervisor constantly has to remind me to take a lunch break because I get so caught up in what I'm doing. I suppose that's better than being reprimanded for being on reddit all day. :P

My boss doesn't care how I spend my time, as long as I hit my sprint goals... which I do, because even if I end up spending all day on the forums, I can still work remotely from home at night ;)

.. but yeah, I've OFTEN had the situation where I looked up, and over at the window... and couldn't remember if the half-light meant morning was starting, or twilight was ending..
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue

Well, thank you :)

/hugs

/grin

They say if you can drum, you can dance!

I'm a testament to the contrary.

"It's..... If You Can Keep A Beat, You Can Dance. If you can Drum, you can Drive that Beat."
/wink
/grin
Edited by Cyndilou on 4/8/2013 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
/hugs

Well, I do have a slight idea on something not WoW based...
But it's mainly because I just finished watching Titus. :D
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
04/08/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Anstyce
/hugs

"Every bit of Inspiration helps."
/grin
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
dps/healer
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
quick everyone hide the drugs!

I bag at the local supermarket its boring

Why would you say that? Now they know where to find us, you dolt.
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Cyndilou

"Every bit of Inspiration helps."
/grin

True. I might get some sort of outline done, when I get to it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]