Finally!

100 Draenei Hunter
"Hunters now have 50 pet stable slots, up from 20."

Taken from the 5.3 patch notes. :)

I hope this stays, as I know some things that appear in patch notes or the PTR don't make it to live. I...to put it lightly, have a taming problem. I love having a variety of pet types, unique skins, rare spirit beasts, etc. Unfortunately, I've had to limit myself to only keeping a few, and leaving a slot or two open in my stables just in case.

But now, I can go out and tame the ones I want! I am heading straight for a grub worm of some kind, Hexapos, Humar or his Sholazar Basin look alike, and I miss having Sambas riding along with me while on my Golden King mount.

Anyone else excited about this? :D I've been waiting a good while for this to happen!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
It was reverted the other day. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Reply Quote
62 Worgen Warrior
Yeah, Ghostcrawler said on his twitter it was bad datamining and they were actually reducing the number of stable slots to 5.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
i hope it's gone by tomorrow
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I'm already counting down the days, until we start seeing the threads requesting 100 slots because 50 is not enough.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
yep
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
But I NEED 100 stable slots! (not want, need)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
yeppers
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I'm already counting down the days, until we start seeing the threads requesting 100 slots because 50 is not enough.

Which is why I claimed from the beginning that adding slots is not enough. Better approach would be to take those 30 slots, and use the data storage space to keep track of a list of "tamed skins", and allow hunters to tame a pet, via a NPC found only near class trainers (possibly with a gold charge), from the list of tamed skins. When you tame a pet, you permanently learn that skin automatically.

This would let hunters collect the rare tames, limit the active stable (which only serves as a launch pad for you commonly used pets, it has no other impact on game play other than saving time from taming a common skin for the pet family).

The worst you could do under this system that you can't under the old one, is retame a collection of spirit beasts to abandon in Arena...which incidentally, abandon shouldn't work in arena, IMO (but that would probably be a change that is part of a collection of changes regarding pet summon/dismiss mechanics). Which is why the gold charge may be appropriate, in order to limit this despicable behavior.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
^more like

keep it at 5 because you literally don't need more than that
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
^more like

keep it at 5 because you literally don't need more than that

Well, I could see a benefit in having tamed pets on hand, especially if there is a gold cost associated with that re-taming short cut. Wouldn't need to be 50 though, closer to the 20 we have should be fine (5 BM PVE, 5 BM PVP, 5 MM/SV PVE, 5 MM/SV PVP - should be able to cover the majority of raid buffs/debuffs with that, and you still have 5 slots left over, not to mention slots for PVP activity).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]