Holy Healing: Need help

90 Worgen Druid
Satan try to remember that you are having fun with your friends when you're raiding because that's the most important thing about mmos in my opinion. From what you've said it sounds like you have a great raid team so just keep playing and experimenting.

Also the devil's rain movie is on YouTube :-P

I need to remember this thread since I just started a holy pally and have no idea what I'm doing lol.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
You sir act as you were a great healer, when in fact you are way less then you brag about.
I'd like to point for your raid bot rankings http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/frostmourne/pospospos/

OMG i didn't even know stuff like this existed. I feel so n00bish. Surprisingly my worst fight happens to be the one fight Holy Paladins are supposed to rock hard core. :(
Reply Quote
Surprisingly my worst fight happens to be the one fight Holy Paladins are supposed to rock hard core. :(

Lots of things can affect the numbers; for instance, if you are 3 healing instead of 2 healing then you are almost certainly going to get "worse" numbers.
Reply Quote
Losing the tier 14 4 pc, I like to throw in CS to gain 1 hp. I had posted a different thread about CS glitching because it wasnt giving me an hp.. Then it was brought to my attention that i wasnt hit or exp capped.

So that being said CS is a gamble for 1 HP. But if your looking for an EF blanket..that is one way of getting it that i use sometimes.

But just so you know 75k hps is going to be a tough number to reach unless your doing Normal 25s i think. I could be crazy though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

You are correct in this, i had made the calculations solely based on the described healing amount you declared, and failed to remember about the above indication of 2 EF, even if i had acknowledged that 2 different EF's happens inside the rotation, that is my mistake.

40+25+65+25+65+30+30+40*1.3

(40+25+65+25+65+40*0.5) + (30+30*0.15)

416k of healing plus 139k of Beacon = 555k

But i'd like to remember you that part of this healing, including both HS, Daybreak and some targets of HR will be the beacon target so not giving the Beacon extra HPS.

Beacon won't take a huge loss even in that case.

I'd like to remember you that Beacon of Light is our biggest source of overhealing, going for as up as 60% depending on fight and raid composition.

Also i'd like to point you that healing a Paladin Tank will cause your beacon to overheal more because of the big amount of self healing they produce if correctly played in a haste heavy build.

So you put it on another tank, or swap Beacons throughout the fight. Problem solved.

Now about your offensive behavior, no you don't need to sugarcoat things, but you need to act with due respect for other persons, you might think that because you are hiding behind a computer screen that you can be arrogant and act like a jerk, but that cant be most far from the truth.

If you want to offend someone that is posting asking for kindness and help in a sincere way, then i shall show you that your little inflated ego bubble cannot stand a reality shock.

I wasn't the one who went around sniping others for failing at math, when in fact they didn't. Irony abounds.

You sir act as you were a great healer, when in fact you are way less then you brag about.
I'd like to point for your raid bot rankings http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/frostmourne/pospospos/

Horridon: 27k
Council: 49k / 42k
Tortos: 52k
Maegara: 70k
Jin-Kun: 45k
Durumu: 42k
... I will not keep going anyone can go and see for themselves, but one thing is clear, you are a below average paladin for most of the fights, mostly in the last 40 or even 25 percentile.

Seriously those are the numbers i'm trying to avoid producing...
I can do that and better with 12 ilvl lower, and without t14 bonus.

And i agree "That is what world of logs is for." its a great tool, and we can see much of what is the truth behind things by the wise use of it.

We tend to run 7 or more healers on those bosses during farm nights when we are not trying to progress through heroics - for the simple fact that healers tended to need more gear off those bosses.

Horridon drops the BIS mana restoration trinket which every healer in the guild needs.
Tier pieces off Council.
BiS non-tier off Tortos and Megaera.
Tier piece and healer staff off Ji-kun.
Socketed ring and cape off Durumu.

So, if you were such an "experienced" theorycrafter, why didn't you pick on that very simple fact we were bringing in more healers because they needed items off farm bosses?

Why, did you not pick up the parses where we do progression bosses where I tended to go above 90k at the very least?

Surely, you must be selectively lifting and (mis)interpreting facts to your own skewed preconceptions.

This part was effective productive answer to my thread, the rest is only you trying to pass as way better then you are.

So i give my thanks for your time of posting this helpful piece of information.

I would suggest you to keep the helpful parts of your post, and avoid this attempts to reduce others that you know nothing about.
You seem to know the basics of theorycrafting, and have a descent grasp of the theory behind your class, but losing your time here in the forums acting the way you are is a loss of mine, yours, and everyone else here time.

Just help out of kindness, and don't act like you are a better player then the ones here asking for help, because many times you will end being the one that isn't a really good player...

Well, let's put it out here - you were the one making all sorts of uninformed assumptions that the unadulterated facts I laid out to you were attempts to cast aspersions on your skill or knowledge or whatever.

I mean, I am not the one screwing up his math here and instead, accuse others of being responsible for his flawed calculations.

Neither am I having an issue understanding that if there is a huge margin of unnecessary overhealing, a healer should be dropped.

I am also not the one who is begging for help, and when help is given in good faith, proceed to start with strawmen and red herrings about calculations and misinterpreted logs.

So really, if you are sincerely here to learn, start by not pretending you already know everything, which you are displaying so arrogantly here.

I rest my case in this thread; either you humble yourself and learn like so many others before you, or your inflate your ego too big to see the amount of help displayed in front of you. Both ways make no difference to me and my objective is to help people who actually want to be helped, not pluck them out of the quicksand of denial they steep themselves so stubbornly into. A therapist is supposed to do that, not an ordinary person.

P.S. The logs also contained a week of me healing with 25+ ilvls lower than the next lowest ilvl healer in the raid. When I caught up in gear, my HPS went up accordingly in the subsequent weeks. This is obviously such a shocker to you, an "experienced" theorycrafter.
Edited by Sopsopsop on 4/16/2013 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

You are correct in this, i had made the calculations solely based on the described healing amount you declared, and failed to remember about the above indication of 2 EF, even if i had acknowledged that 2 different EF's happens inside the rotation, that is my mistake.

40+25+65+25+65+30+30+40*1.3

(40+25+65+25+65+40*0.5) + (30+30*0.15)

416k of healing plus 139k of Beacon = 555k

But i'd like to remember you that part of this healing, including both HS, Daybreak and some targets of HR will be the beacon target so not giving the Beacon extra HPS.

Beacon won't take a huge loss even in that case.

I'd like to remember you that Beacon of Light is our biggest source of overhealing, going for as up as 60% depending on fight and raid composition.

Also i'd like to point you that healing a Paladin Tank will cause your beacon to overheal more because of the big amount of self healing they produce if correctly played in a haste heavy build.

So you put it on another tank, or swap Beacons throughout the fight. Problem solved.

Now about your offensive behavior, no you don't need to sugarcoat things, but you need to act with due respect for other persons, you might think that because you are hiding behind a computer screen that you can be arrogant and act like a jerk, but that cant be most far from the truth.

If you want to offend someone that is posting asking for kindness and help in a sincere way, then i shall show you that your little inflated ego bubble cannot stand a reality shock.

I wasn't the one who went around sniping others for failing at math, when in fact they didn't. Irony abounds.

Horridon: 27k
Council: 49k / 42k
Tortos: 52k
Maegara: 70k
Jin-Kun: 45k
Durumu: 42k
... I will not keep going anyone can go and see for themselves, but one thing is clear, you are a below average paladin for most of the fights, mostly in the last 40 or even 25 percentile.

Seriously those are the numbers i'm trying to avoid producing...
I can do that and better with 12 ilvl lower, and without t14 bonus.

And i agree "That is what world of logs is for." its a great tool, and we can see much of what is the truth behind things by the wise use of it.

We tend to run 7 or more healers on those bosses during farm nights when we are not trying to progress through heroics - for the simple fact that healers tended to need more gear off those bosses.

Horridon drops the BIS mana restoration trinket which every healer in the guild needs.
Tier pieces off Council.
BiS non-tier off Tortos and Megaera.
Tier piece and healer staff off Ji-kun.
Socketed ring and cape off Durumu.

So, if you were such an "experienced" theorycrafter, why didn't you pick on that very simple fact we were bringing in more healers because they needed items off farm bosses?

Why, did you not pick up the parses where we do progression bosses where I tended to go above 90k at the very least?

Surely, you must be selectively lifting and (mis)interpreting facts to your own skewed preconceptions.

This part was effective productive answer to my thread, the rest is only you trying to pass as way better then you are.

So i give my thanks for your time of posting this helpful piece of information.

I would suggest you to keep the helpful parts of your post, and avoid this attempts to reduce others that you know nothing about.
You seem to know the basics of theorycrafting, and have a descent grasp of the theory behind your class, but losing your time here in the forums acting the way you are is a loss of mine, yours, and everyone else here time.

Just help out of kindness, and don't act like you are a better player then the ones here asking for help, because many times you will end being the one that isn't a really good player...

Well, let's put it out here - you were the one making all sorts of uninformed assumptions that the unadulterated facts I laid out to you were attempts to cast aspersions on your skill or knowledge or whatever.

I mean, I am not the one screwing up his math here and instead, accuse others of being responsible for his flawed calculations.

Neither am I having an issue understanding that if there is a huge margin of unnecessary overhealing, a healer should be dropped.

I am also not the one who is begging for help, and when help is given in good faith, proceed to start with strawmen and red herrings about calculations and misinterpreted logs.

So really, if you are sincerely here to learn, start by not pretending you already know everything, which you are displaying so arrogantly here.

I rest my case in this thread; either you humble yourself and learn like so many others before you, or your inflate your ego too big to see the amount of help displayed in front of you. Both ways make no difference to me and my objective is to help people who actually want to be helped, not pluck them out of the quicksand of denial they steep themselves so stubbornly into. A therapist is supposed to do that, not an ordinary person.

P.S. The logs also contained a week of me healing with 25+ ilvls lower than the next lowest ilvl healer in the raid. When I caught up in gear, my HPS went up accordingly in the subsequent weeks. This is obviously such a shocker to you, an "experienced" theorycrafter.

2/10 and 2 only because you used math in your troll.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]