Can a rogue beat a ww Monk 1v1?

(Locked)

90 Human Rogue
I can never seem to kill them. I get them to 40k and boom 2 seconds later they have 260k. It's always like that. Their heals are insane. Any tips?
90 Undead Rogue
I think you're talking about the dodge buff they get when disarmed.
90 Worgen Rogue
monks piss me off.
90 Undead Rogue
04/12/2013 11:00 PMPosted by Woundedsoul
I think you're talking about the dodge buff they get when disarmed.

ahh yeah thanks, i wasn't sure what it was

I don't know what the name of it is off the top of my head, but that's what it is.

That said, WW monks can be beaten 1v1.

You need to have a full stun DR available with RoP being on cooldown, or a silence to go with half stun dr.

You can force the defensives with blades or dance, and then use whichever you didn't use to get the cooldowns to go for the kill. I personally like using blades to get defensives and finish them off with dance because of having access to garrote at the end of the stun.
I hate Monks with a passion. Ring of gay, so much mobility, retarded self heals. Defauq was wrong with blizz?
25 Human Mage
Not trying to brag but I haven't had any memorable duels with monks...
90 Pandaren Shaman
If people would give Blizzard proper feedback on the issues with monks then maybe Blizzard will listen and bring them down to the level of the normal classes. The screaming is so loud in the monk forums that blizzard is giving them everything they want and more. 15% higher burst, anti CC abilities to go with stun immunity and god mode self heals along with mobility. No class should be able to do it all like monks want.
90 Undead Rogue
You need to survive to the 3rd stun DR reset. As annoying as Ring of Peace and Karma are, they can't use them while stunned. Don't worry so much about getting those out of the way as much as getting their CC breakers out of the way, then try to kill in a stun chain.

WW doesn't have dots of note, so with blind and vanishx2 you can restealth three times before you're out of CDs and still use glyphed clos for damage reduction.
Edited by Crookston on 4/17/2013 11:16 PM PDT
90 Human Rogue
I do with my current spec. I only fail when they los behind items
90 Undead Rogue
If people would give Blizzard proper feedback on the issues with monks then maybe Blizzard will listen and bring them down to the level of the normal classes. The screaming is so loud in the monk forums that blizzard is giving them everything they want and more. 15% higher burst, anti CC abilities to go with stun immunity and god mode self heals along with mobility. No class should be able to do it all like monks want.

It's hard to get any real feedback with the selfish nature of gamers.

Quality input when people want to have their cake and eat it too is a rare and elusive creature.

People wanna play their favorite style, and they don't want to lose. They want to be able to handle anyone that comes at them and barring an act of God, always emerge victorious.

Anything to the contrary is heresy, and you suddenly become a butthurt defender of "a ridiculously broken class" and anything you say is instantly discredited because you play said class.

Forums and live streams have pretty much ruined this game. The community is largely a combination of the blatantly ignorant and the incredibly unreasonable who do little more than echo prejudice-fueled ramblings off of each other with a mob mentality.

Players are arrogant and despite any experience they do or do not have, think their changes are what will "fix" this game; all input is as listed in my description of having your cake and eating it too.

It's practically impossible for anyone to appreciate what they have. This game is plagued with pessimists.
100 Night Elf Monk
I can never seem to kill them. I get them to 40k and boom 2 seconds later they have 260k. It's always like that. Their heals are insane. Any tips?

No. now give up, bend over, and let me kill you.

But seriously, it's doable but a pain in the !@# for you guys. hopefully the change to RoP (not a direct nerf per se) will help you out a bit.
practice...lots of practice. Nothing is easy but there is a balance. remember there are still people out there that rogues can gank, mages can gank, dk's can gank, warriors can gank, druids can gank...but different classes have abilities. It is not meant to be balanced but guess what...I have friends and when I need help they are there to break a monk (no offense) hehe. So be patient and try to have fun, you dont always beat a tough boss in games the first time.
10 Goblin Rogue
Please don't necro threads.
90 Human Rogue
Monks are bs. The are counters to melee classes.
91 Human Rogue
yes, yes you can
7 Gnome Rogue
Im a rogue and i beat a monk the other day. Ive help beat monks on multiple occations. all it takes is persistance and patience and well placed hits. Sometimes they trinket out, so suggestion when they do that use COS and then Blind to keep them in. then they get out of that one. just use kidney shot. easy to keep them locked if you place it in good spots. then use vanish once and cheapshot. you and do this multiple times because of you ability with shadow dance and i always save the shadow blades for last. Its the big fanally. if worse comes to worse and you missing shots, just prep and vanish and run using sufurage will give you time to run. If they stun you trinket then use shadowmeld if your that class mixed with smoke bomb. then quickly stealth as soon as you start to run. It allways works and my macro for it helps so much. plus rogues can eat in stealth to so macro that too. which will help you heal fast in a corner or something. sry about my typing and misspelled words. i am writing fast and dont have alot of time to go over it. this is my suggestion. all i have to say if you cant beat em vanish and get more ppl to help beat em, its the hord way, y not copy them for a change lol. later guys
90 Night Elf Rogue
Im a rogue and i beat a monk the other day. Ive help beat monks on multiple occations. all it takes is persistance and patience and well placed hits. Sometimes they trinket out, so suggestion when they do that use COS and then Blind to keep them in. then they get out of that one. just use kidney shot. easy to keep them locked if you place it in good spots. then use vanish once and cheapshot. you and do this multiple times because of you ability with shadow dance and i always save the shadow blades for last. Its the big fanally. if worse comes to worse and you missing shots, just prep and vanish and run using sufurage will give you time to run. If they stun you trinket then use shadowmeld if your that class mixed with smoke bomb. then quickly stealth as soon as you start to run. It allways works and my macro for it helps so much. plus rogues can eat in stealth to so macro that too. which will help you heal fast in a corner or something. sry about my typing and misspelled words. i am writing fast and dont have alot of time to go over it. this is my suggestion. all i have to say if you cant beat em vanish and get more ppl to help beat em, its the hord way, y not copy them for a change lol. later guys

this is my picture so you all out there can see my elf rogue
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]