Why is no one complaining about DK's?

90 Human Hunter
DK's really don't die so easily anymore.

Pop Blood pres and Conversion and you are fairly difficult to take down through your two trinkets, stun break, Magic Immunity, fear break/licheborne heal, and Death Strike.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Mmmm I roll blood to piss people off.<3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
DK's really don't die so easily anymore.

Pop Blood pres and Conversion and you are fairly difficult to take down through your two trinkets, stun break, Magic Immunity, fear break/licheborne heal, and Death Strike.
you're not gonna get anywhere near decent lichborne heals if your popping it with conversion on. half the cds you mention compete for the same resource or prevent the dk from generating the other resource in a timely fashion.

harder to kill yes. still killable? very much so
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
DG not having a min range is total BS when they're training healers but otherwise i got no issue with them they do really good damage and fall over really fast.

They're total BS in 2s though but 2s are lol so overall no issue.
Edited by Xiun on 4/17/2013 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
dks don't "die easily" in any sense worth mentioning, actually they're completely awful targets for tons of things

the only things that actually can really play to kill DKs are comps that can kill anything that walks into the open, and have blanket silences (most double caster teams). even then good DKs playing top comps are definitely no easier to kill than other melee for these teams (in great part because they will always have insane pressure)
Edited by Datahsz on 4/17/2013 11:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
DKs are far from easy to kill. It's easier for casters. They're a nightmare for most other melee if they don't suck. The thing is, most DKs suck.
Edited by Crookston on 4/17/2013 11:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The reason being is that rogues, spriest, hunters, and mages are simply stronger than us.
Reply Quote
Not sure why people are saying DK's are easy to kill? They don't have the best defenses but either way they do way too much damage. Both specs are strong, borderline overpowered at least, but unholy is completely ridiculous atm. And like others said, they don't die any easier than most other melee.

Honestly the theme this expansion seems to be melee with medium-bad defense and way too much damage.

Meanwhile casters doing the same or more damage with better defenses.
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
Honestly the theme this expansion seems to be melee with medium-bad defense and way too much damage.

Meanwhile casters doing the same or more damage with better defenses.

Hmm, I think that is the result of melee having so many gap closers and uptime on casters.

If melee had excellent survivability they would need to lose a ton of their uptime/gap closers/burst.

I'd wouldn't mind a squishier caster with more flexibility to cast and a more durable melee. However, if that were to happen melee would have to lose damage, gapclosers, and uptime.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
04/17/2013 10:29 PMPosted by Xiun
DG not having a min range is total BS when they're training healers
There's functionally a minimum range. If you use Death Grip within 8 yards of the target, they don't move so their spells are not interrupted. I still have to move away and Grip, same as a Warrior has to do to charge.

The difference is, I'm allowed to !@#$ it up.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Do you idiots even arena? Play any comp over 2k this season and tell me how scared you are when you see a dk cleave vs facing any other rogue or hunter cleave.

Dk's die, really, really easily.

OMG LICHBOURNE heals.... dump a whole runic bar of coils into yourself and see your health bar not even move.

CONVERSION!!11!1111... same passive healing as most other classes have, not gonna save you if your healer is locked out or cc'd during burst.

BLOOD PRES!!11... 10% dmg reduc, 25% stamina...requires an extra frostbolt in a shatter, extra death/shadowburn/execute, fing anything.

IBF....20% dmg reduction/stun immunity....not even worth talking about, does literally nothing.

Let's also talk about literally no cc outside of a 30 second talented stun, no method of root break, no escape ability whatsoever, !@#$ty %^- snare mechanic to stay on target when not talented in an age of warcraft where every other class has a freedom or snare removal.

But alas you trolls are right, DKS ARE SO OVERPOWERED OMG DMG METERS AT THE END OF ARENA AND ARE UNKILLABLE. Filler dot damage blood boiled onto pets is what it is FILLER.

Like I said dk's do damage, if you let a dk hit you it's you and your partners fault. Try hitting them, I promise they'll falll over, if they don't...learn2play.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Do you idiots even arena? Play any comp over 2k this season and tell me how scared you are when you see a dk cleave vs facing any other rogue or hunter cleave.

OMG LICHBOURNE heals.... dump a whole runic bar of coils into yourself and see your health bar not even move.

CONVERSION!!11!1111... same passive healing as most other classes have, not gonna save you if your healer is locked out or cc'd during burst.

BLOOD PRES!!11... 10% dmg reduc, 25% stamina...requires an extra frostbolt in a shatter, extra death/shadowburn/execute, fing anything.

IBF....20% dmg reduction/stun immunity....not even worth talking about, does literally nothing.

Let's also talk about literally no cc outside of a 30 second talented stun, no method of root break, no escape ability whatsoever, !@#$ty %^- snare mechanic to stay on target when not talented in an age of warcraft where every other class has a freedom or snare removal.

But alas you trolls are right, DKS ARE SO OVERPOWERED OMG DMG METERS AT THE END OF ARENA AND ARE UNKILLABLE. Filler dot damage blood boiled onto pets is what it is FILLER.

Like I said dk's do damage, if you let a dk hit you it's you and your partners fault. Try hitting them, I promise they'll falll over, if they don't...learn2play.
You had me at "idiots."

I... I love you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

You're entire basis for claiming they're not OP is the fact that there are two equally OP classes? Their damage needs to be toned down. It's that simple.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Only thing that bothers me about DKs is in a 2v2 situation that ends up at 1v1. They can chains of ice/DD you until infinity while they run around and with conversion up. Maintain dots on you so you can't heal, then pop everything and kill you. A little dumb, but when they have some balls to fight instead of using BS mechanics I have no problems with their current state.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

Golf Clap and well put.

Thank you
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
04/18/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Artigoqt
They can chains of ice/DD you until infinity
I realize this is hyperbole but in reality, DKs have the most limited snares among melee. I have 2 Runes to spend on Chains. If I do that, it means 2 less Death Runes to spend on Necrotic Strike.

I can also Icy Touch with a talent to snare and still get Death Runes but that's still another 7+ seconds each before they're ready to be used for Necros. Snares last 8 seconds so guess what I'll spend it on if I'm still being kited.

Same talent, Plague Strike will snare but that's melee range anyway. Good to stay on you at least. Outbreak is 1 min cooldown and Unholy Blight, another talent is shorter ranged and 1.5 mins cooldown.

Yeah, snares to infinity.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
DKs are far from easy to kill. It's easier for casters. They're a nightmare for most other melee if they don't suck. The thing is, most DKs suck.
From my exp it's the other way around, I eat most casters on my DK but sometimes struggle vs a good rogue or war. But I tank most single dps with blood pres+ conversion, can't kill me unless they have full burst going.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
the reason why not many people complain about them is because there arent very many at the top of the ladders. Actually there arent that many over 2200 in general atm. But yeah i think theres worse in the game right now than dk's.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]