Why is no one complaining about DK's?

90 Undead Priest
People complain about DKs daily.

I mean, if hunters can use stampede why can't DKs use army of the dead?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
People complain about DKs daily.

I mean, if hunters can use stampede why can't DKs use army of the dead?

Because Stampede does about 1/5 the damage that Army of the Dead does.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
It is mostly deathknights argueing dot damage is not insane.
Unholy Deathknight dots tick on me when I gem full resilience 69.25% for 27k and 21k, this is ridiculous, I do not understand why dots do so much. Go google any of the top dk videos on skill capped or youtube. They talk about how they boil their diesease to create serious pressure at the start.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
27k and 21k? Proof?

In almost all Malev and some Tyrant, I'm barely hitting 7k dots.

Also, spreading dots is a DK's AoE pressure. It's been a functionality DKs have had since Wrath launched.
Edited by Powerßottom on 4/19/2013 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
DKs are only OP when you suck or are under-geared, otherwise they are just about right - you win some you lose some.
Edited by Schurge on 4/19/2013 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Death Knight
27k and 21k? Proof?In almost all Malev and some Tyrant, I'm barely hitting 7k dots.Also, spreading dots is a DK's AoE pressure. It's been a functionality DKs have had since Wrath launched.

This. Our dots on their own are very easy to heal through. Yes the damage meters at the end of a match look high, but it is just filler damage.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
10% damage reduction and a bit more health doesnt magically make us survive better
Percentage based heals
deathstrike being the only baseline % self heal and a gimpy one at that, and a choice from one of our talent tiers.
Conversion burns offensive resources and death pact is a 2 min cd
Tell me again about how great dk survival is just because of blood presence
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
omg.... dks above please stop making yourselves look bad

04/19/2013 06:29 PMPosted by Atheinia
27k and 21k? Proof?In almost all Malev and some Tyrant, I'm barely hitting 7k dots.Also, spreading dots is a DK's AoE pressure. It's been a functionality DKs have had since Wrath launched.

This. Our dots on their own are very easy to heal through. Yes the damage meters at the end of a match look high, but it is just filler damage.

heal vs a glad 2100 PHD you will understand. I don't bother lookin at what the dots tick for but the pressure was immense.

If it was 7k my weak hpally hots will just blanket over it like AFF lock dots. Im doubtful

Tell me again about how great dk survival is just because of blood presence

I said it many times and i think datahs said soo too. Dks arent even much of a valid train kill-target this season.

Not as broken as Warrior D-stance + SW. but don't underplay it and say dks are squishy

DKS are by no means OMFG like spriests,frost mages, rogues, hunters but don't downplay it.
Edited by Kitteykat on 4/19/2013 6:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
If diseases are ticking over 10k, you're undergeared, plain and simple. On average my dots will tick for 7k, pushing 9k when CDs are up. I think people forget what Necrotic Strike does, which absorbs healing and give the illusion dots are ticking for ridiculous amounts of damage.

Our defensive abilities are lackluster compared to most. This idea that sitting in Blood Presence with Conversion up is OP is getting ridiculous. Conversion heals for 7k a tick. It's utter garbage against double melee and wizard teams. If any ability should be complained about it should be Death Siphon, seriously. It hits for 25k and heals you for 150% of the damage, and has a 40 yard range. It's only downside is that it costs a Death Rune, so I can't use my GOAT (necrotic) Strike.

IBF sucks, always has. The fact that you cant use it while silenced and costs 20 Runic Power makes it a welfare shield wall. AMS has been nerfed and is eaten up so fast now against casters.

Our damage cant even be argued because of the insane amount of damage done by every class.
Edited by Saricc on 4/19/2013 7:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
If diseases are ticking over 10k, you're undergeared, plain and simple. On average my dots will tick for 7k, pushing 9k when CDs are up. I think people forget what Necrotic Strike does, which absorbs healing and give the illusion dots are ticking for ridiculous amounts of damage.

Our defensive abilities are lackluster compared to most. This idea that sitting in Blood Presence with Conversion up is OP is getting ridiculous. Conversion heals for 7k a tick. It's utter garbage against double melee and wizard teams. If any ability should be complained about it should be Death Siphon, seriously. It hits for 25k and heals you for 150% of the damage, and has a 40 yard range. It's only downside is that it costs a Death Rune, so I can't use my GOAT (necrotic) Strike.

IBF sucks, always has. The fact that you cant use it while silenced and costs 20 Runic Power makes it a welfare shield wall. AMS has been nerfed and is eaten up so fast now against casters.

Our damage cant even be argued because of the insane amount of damage done by every class.

Stop acting like dk survivability is bad. It's not.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Stop acting like dk survivability is bad. It's not.

When you are comparing it toward other classes it is.
Edited by Saricc on 4/19/2013 7:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Saricc how many times are you the kill target/or get killed compared to your hunter and hpally?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Saricc how many times are you the kill target/or get killed compared to your hunter and hpally?

Not often. But you should see how fast I get globaled/swapped to when I feel confident and switch out of Blood Presence. Once I switch back to Blood, it's back on my pally or hunter.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
04/19/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Saricc

Not often. But you should see how fast I get globaled/swapped to when I feel confident and switch out of Blood Presence. Once I switch back to Blood, it's back on my pally or hunter.

Speaks more to the player than the class.

As a dk you can nullify every swap if you're not playing like a mongoloid retard.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
04/19/2013 07:22 PMPosted by Nyz

Speaks more to the player than the class.

As a dk you can nullify every swap if you're not playing like a mongoloid retard.

Are you sure about that? Because if I remember correctly I can't swap presences when I get instant deep + 3 orb DP'd.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Not often

Thats the thing though compare that to before conversion.

Im not sayin DKS have GODMODE survival but its definitely not bad

04/19/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Saricc
But you should see how fast I get globaled/swapped to when I feel confident and switch out of Blood Presence.

well other classes can too. burst is too high across the board....

I do like not seeing as many castercleaves on BG9.

necrotics stuff you up too
Edited by Kitteykat on 4/19/2013 7:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
DKs numerous CC breakers/anti CC abilities require them to be somewhat vulnerable. If they weren't, they'd be unstoppable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]