Why is no one complaining about DK's?

90 Orc Death Knight
04/19/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Kitteykat
DK's just have too many outs of CC.

I think thats because they lack mobility

Rets/ferals have lots of snare/root breakers at the cost of any loss of control CC breakers

Dks have lots of loss of control breakers at the cost of snare/root breakers
04/19/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Goonhah
I understand that, but I still feel like its a bit too much.
It's really our only defense outside of Blood Presence/Conversion.

I'll still die inside of a Smoke Dance but at least I can't complain that I wasn't in control of my character the whole time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Yeah, I'd really like to see damage reduced across the board, especially some classes/specs, including Unholy.

Unholy's single target damage (don't talk about padded spread damage) could be toned down but in reality, it's only exacerbated by Necrotic Strike.

Keep in mind that instead of having heaps of CC, we have Necrotic Strike. A Rogue has 8 ways til Sunday to stop a heal. DKs sometimes have to let heals go thru but we just eat them instead.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
yeah we lack a good deal of actual crowd control, and im not talking about our death grip i mean real cc that locks you out of doing anything for a set amount of time that you actually have to trinket to get out of. Plus we are extremely susceptible to roots its like our kryponite. But in place of actual cc and not being able to drop snares and roots off us we do great pressure and have necrotic strike. Also we lack active damage mitigation so we are also able to be forced on the defensive easier than say a warrior or rogue or feral ya know. I think we are almost balanced to be honest maybe slightly on the upper middle of the pack but we by far not the most op class in game atm.

I mean when you get to 2k mmr its pretty much nothing but kfc, thug, and god comp over and over and over which we struggle against if we arent careful.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Wish my DoTs ticked for 40k...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Teach me how to get my diseases to deal that much damage please. We're talking in arena right? This isn't some raid boss that takes 250% increased damage or anything?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Wait are people thinking that Unholy DK's die easy? OH LORDY, Just stay in blood pres, and keep conversion up on yourself and you're 5.1 arms warriors Second wind, But all the time... Dks Survivals ( AMS is a major one from the amount of wizard and caster cleaves in high rated 3v3 ) Are amazing. Death grips, pet stuns silence/talent stun makes it a breeze to Kite and LoS hug pillar. DK's where complaining about Survivals since cata, now you're one of the more tanky melee currently. I'm surprised to a new level about Dks STILL complaining about their survivals.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
cant dks pop blood presence and conversion and not die though? pls respond dk
Reply Quote
20 Orc Warlock
There's a bug where dots aren't affected by resilience when you come out of arena.
Edited by Ziram on 4/20/2013 7:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/17/2013 04:25 PMPosted by Helltooth
They die in an even smaller amount of time.

lol'd at the 5 minute old nostalgia I just got about the DK I just globaled in my last arena!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
cant dks pop blood presence and conversion and not die though? pls respond dk
hit your ice lance key harder blood presence + conversion =\= second wind. You had to look at warriors full toolkit. Warriors are more mobile and have an array of stackable defensive cds. Dks have icebound fortitude. Are we harder to kill now? Yes but not even close to as bad as most of these complainers make it seem
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yes, dks do damage. You know what else they do? Die, really easily.

What awful DKs are you playing against that die "really easily?" Ones that offensive AMS/IBF/trinket while chasing a healer around a pillar?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yes, dks do damage. You know what else they do? Die, really easily.

This ^
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
thugcleaves are jibbing people in openers and there's a 6 page thread crying about DK's.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
thugcleaves are jibbing people in openers and there's a 6 page thread crying about DK's.

ikr. Its ok its been the defining point of these forums since lich king because everyone thinks dk's should never be any good, I mean we did have like one good season you know and since then we had 3 years of pretty much being lower echelon. But hey as long as the devs know we arent as bad as these people make it out to be i dont think its doing any harm. Also

Wait are people thinking that Unholy DK's die easy? OH LORDY, Just stay in blood pres, and keep conversion up on yourself and you're 5.1 arms warriors Second wind, But all the time... Dks Survivals ( AMS is a major one from the amount of wizard and caster cleaves in high rated 3v3 ) Are amazing. Death grips, pet stuns silence/talent stun makes it a breeze to Kite and LoS hug pillar. DK's where complaining about Survivals since cata, now you're one of the more tanky melee currently. I'm surprised to a new level about Dks STILL complaining about their survivals.

i dont think i really saw anyone complaining we die easily anymore. Actually i dont think anyone is doing anything other than pointing out that we can be put on defensive more easily. We do die very easily once our cooldowns are up but so does everyone, we are simply saying its easier to force our cooldowns usually. Blood presence with conversion rolling means we are doing almost no damage other than disease damage and single rune strikes maybe a festering. Which means if you continue to focus us while cc'ing our healer and we get no peels we will pop cooldowns religously since we have no gap openers.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
ITT: We don't read every response and just base our experiences off of 1400 2s.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]